Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Stand and be counted

andyetfc

We got into the bar at 2.55pm yesterday to be confronted by a fellow supporter, who carries out alot of work for the club on the ground which is the club is obviously grateful for, telling us that if we wanted a covered terrace at the railway end of the ground to 'get off our f...... a.... and get to Brimmo on Sunday morning and do something about it.' It certainly sounded like that.

Got me thinking.

I know some members of the board read the forum so why not try the following, or something similar:

Find out what the cost would be for some form of covered terracing.

See if planning permission is needed(it's a shame that it could not have been applied for when the appliation went in for the seated stands, but that's history)

See if there is anything which can be provided for free. A board member was told that a mini digger could be resourced which would help and we did have alot of scaffolding poles a few years ago.

Leaflet and consult with all the club's owners and supporters as they come through the gate informing them of exactly what help is needed, how the project would be progressed, when the work could be done and obviously how funds could be raised to carry out the project. Not everyone buys a programme nor views the WWW.

Leaflet the Ladies section as well as the Brimmo club.

Ask the owners to complete a simple questionnaire with them giving their names and phone numbers should they be willing to assist. We would all soon find out whether there is the will.

Display names on the stand of all those who help when it is finished.

I am sure there are lots of supporters who could help. I know Peter C has asked on many occasions for assistance, but it may be that if supporters can see that the project could benefit them directly, then they may be more willing to help.

Just a thought.

Originally Posted By: andyetfc
We got into the bar at 2.55pm yesterday to be confronted by a fellow supporter, who carries out alot of work for the club on the ground which is the club is obviously grateful for, telling us that if we wanted a covered terrace at the railway end of the ground to 'get off our f...... a.... and get to Brimmo on Sunday morning and do something about it.' It certainly sounded like that.

Got me thinking.....

Made me laugh! biglaugh

Rock Steady summed it up with his line of "What the feck is he on about & why is he talking swahelli"?

A board member then got involved & entertained us with a lecture, err.. which I dont think any of us asked for, about something to do with a new stand.

What the feck was that all about?

The only lines muttered by any of the three of us upon entering the clubhouse was "three pints please love" so what the unprovoked attack was about ive no idea.

The result of all these shenanigans was I had to down a pint quicker than I had done since I was 19 to be out in time for kick off!!

Anyway as The Hat says its not rocket science is it? see what we have, see what we need, find the cost & ask the supporters for donations & help, I guarantee the latter will come in abundance.

And whilst we are talking about "supporters luxuries" such as some cover behind a goal, how about some hot food at games.

Yer Yer Yer, we have all made comments before, but the facilities are not there yet.

How about a couple of microwaves in the Jets Tea Hut to "warm up" stuff like Dartford do - it does not have to be burgers etc.

Just an idea.

Now someone shout back that we can't provide that because.............!

Originally Posted By: OldTowner
And whilst we are talking about "supporters luxuries" such as some cover behind a goal, how about some hot food at games.

Yer Yer Yer, we have all made comments before, but the facilities are not there yet.
How about a couple of microwaves in the Jets Tea Hut to "warm up" stuff like Dartford do - it does not have to be burgers etc.
Just an idea.

Not shouting back OT but someone would have to 'man' a burger bar. However, the post will no doubt get people thinking.

The covered standing area would benefit all those who stand behind the goal and once it's in, then it would be a very worthwhile acquistion.

Question for all in terms of finding out what people want.

Where do all paying supporters go to at a Town home game?

Toilets? No
Bar? No
Club shop? No
JETS Tea Hut? No

Turnstiles? Yes. That's where the club could leaflet incoming supporters and find out whether they would be willing to help. However, the gate man would not be able to assist as he has more than enough to do.

Originally Posted By: Gazza

Rock Steady summed it up with his line of "What the feck is he on about & why is he talking swahelli"?

A board member then got involved & entertained us with a lecture, err.. which I dont think any of us asked for, about something to do with a new stand.

What the feck was that all about?

The only lines muttered by any of the three of us upon entering the clubhouse was "three pints please love" so what the unprovoked attack was about ive no idea.

The result of all these shenanigans was I had to down a pint quicker than I had done since I was 19 to be out in time for kick off!!

Anyway as The Hat says its not rocket science is it? see what we have, see what we need, find the cost & ask the supporters for donations & help, I guarantee the latter will come in abundance.

Yes I got the rant too! But a stand behind the goal would add creature comforts. If the directors don't want a stand behind the goal they don't have to stand there even at the Town end. It is like having the glums standing next to you!

Just an idea.

Just a few problems with you comments

1) There is no space for a Microwave in the "JETS HANGAR"

2) The Tea Ladies are already very busy doing what they do

3) We do not have any spare Power for any more equipment

4) Oh yeah, the cost of a Commercial Microwave - A "Tesco Value" one would be no good.

In an ideal world we would have better catering facilities, but lets face it we don't at the moment. We did talk of Buying a Burger Van but I think that has been put on the "Back Burner" so to speak as there are more pressing things to think about just now ie: Pitch Maintenance.

Now the Covered Stand, we have been all through this before at length. I guess what "the supporter" on Saturday meant is that all you lot on this forum keep moaning about the lack of cover, but none of you turn up for the Sunday Morning Work Parties. Yes we do have most of the stuff needed to build one, but like I said before we need the materials for the Base and yep you've guessed it............ some of you lot to help with the work building it. I can see any work starting of this till the end of the Season but if we can get it up and running, how many of you lot are willing to lend a hand, names and phone numbers please.

bigshock crazy2

Just an idea.

Not shouting back OT but someone would have to 'man' a burger bar. However, the post will no doubt get people thinking.

The covered standing area would benefit all those who stand behind the goal and once it's in, then it would be a very worthwhile acquistion.

Toilets? No
Bar? No
Club shop? No
JETS Tea Hut? No

Turnstiles? Yes. That's where the club could leaflet incoming supporters and find out whether they would be willing to help. However, the gate man would not be able to assist as he has more than enough to do.

Kindly point out the ones who don't come into the Club Shop so they can be dealt with.

Originally Posted By: Arkwright

Just an idea.

Toilets? No
Bar? No
Club shop? No
JETS Tea Hut? No

Kindly point out the ones who don't come into the Club Shop so they can be dealt with.

Do you mean Hung Drawn & Quartered or a Firing Squad?

giggle

the materials have been at the ground for some time

lets be real the board do not want the railway end covered

the additional cost is a few bags of cement and some labour

now get over it and do as you are told

IT WILL NOT HAPPEN, IT IS NOT SEEN AS IMPORTANT

move on

Originally Posted By: Squadron Leader
......Now the Covered Stand, we have been all through this before at length. I guess what "the supporter" on Saturday meant is that all you lot on this forum keep moaning about the lack of cover, but none of you turn up for the Sunday Morning Work Parties. Yes we do have most of the stuff needed to build one, but like I said before we need the materials for the Base and yep you've guessed it............ some of you lot to help with the work building it. I can see any work starting of this till the end of the Season but if we can get it up and running, how many of you lot are willing to lend a hand, names and phone numbers please.....

SL I reckon if a serious plan is made to raise funds for what is needed it wouldnt take long to raise the required amount & I reckon you wont have much trouble in getting the required hands to help either.

So once the board/committee/supporters society or whatever whoever they are, grant the ball to start rolling then it will gather pace but until there is action the "moaning" will continue.

I would also like to point out that I am not one of the said "moaners" (well not on this topic anyway, football related maybe!) & actually I dont believe anyone on here has "moaned", this is a forum for airing your views, which is all the supporters (most of whom are equal owners) do on here.

I also dont see the connection of the discussion of a stand & the Sunday morning working party, I will simply put the Saturday shenanigans down to an alcohol induced rant, which as I said I found amusing, however others were quite offended & rightly so considering what they have done & still do for the club!

Originally Posted By: Gazza
Originally Posted By: Squadron Leader
......Now the Covered Stand, we have been all through this before at length. I guess what "the supporter" on Saturday meant is that all you lot on this forum keep moaning about the lack of cover, but none of you turn up for the Sunday Morning Work Parties. Yes we do have most of the stuff needed to build one, but like I said before we need the materials for the Base and yep you've guessed it............ some of you lot to help with the work building it. I can see any work starting of this till the end of the Season but if we can get it up and running, how many of you lot are willing to lend a hand, names and phone numbers please.....

SL I reckon if a serious plan is made to raise funds for what is needed it wouldnt take long to raise the required amount & I reckon you wont have much trouble in getting the required hands to help either.

So once the board/committee/supporters society or whatever whoever they are, grant the ball to start rolling then it will gather pace but until there is action the "moaning" will continue.

I would also like to point out that I am not one of the said "moaners" (well not on this topic anyway, football related maybe!) & actually I dont believe anyone on here has "moaned", this is a forum for airing your views, which is all the supporters (most of whom are equal owners) do on here.

I also dont see the connection of the discussion of a stand & the Sunday morning working party, I will simply put the Saturday shenanigans down to an alcohol induced rant, which as I said I found amusing, however others were quite offended & rightly so considering what they have done & still do for the club!

Oh get a life Gazza, you lot are always moaning & yes you have moaned about the lack of cover in the past.

I think you will find that it was NOT an Alcohol induced Rant on Saturday, just someone airing THEIR views for a change.

I have already been contacted privately with an offer of both financial & manual help. As I said yesterday there are no plans at this moment in time to start the stand. Firstly we must do all the costing for the Base & Roof and then seek Planning Consent etc, and finally raise the funds required.

As you must be aware if we do gain Promotion there will also be other works that would need to be done that would take priority, but if Supporters are willing to put their hands in their pockets & roll their sleeves up then I can see no reason for the Stand being built in the Close Season.

Come on then you lot Names & Numbers please!!!

discussion

Originally Posted By: Mr Happy
I have already stated that, whilst my Sunday mornings are normally all taken, I would be prepared to assist over a couple of Sundays with the building of a covered stand.

Make sure you keep some Sunday Mornings spare at the end of the Season Mr H as you may well be needed.

giggle