Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

MYFOOTBALLCLUB POLL!!!

MOTM v Sutton  

27 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your Man of the Match?

• P Nicholls
    • A Lacey
    • C Robinson
    • K Millington
    • D Young
    • J Haverson
    • J Keister
    • W Wilson
    • J Healy
    • L Blackman
    • S West
    • S Cliff
    • L Smith

REVISED POLL

I apologise for the mistake I've made in the past post I made.

This new poll will offer you the chance to vote whether you think the propsed takeover will make things better for the club or worse.

Thanks for pointing it out guys. It was just that on the Football Manager podcast, they were talking about it as if the takeover was completed.

Cheers

I know its a bit too early, but I am more looking for your predictions/reactions from what you've read about the proposed takeover. Are you excited about it? Or are you fearing that it may not work and make things worse for the club.

I'm currently doing a dissertation on internet marketing, and using this as one of my case studies as its such an interesting story.

So the best thing to do is to vote in a predictive manner. And if you want to say anything as to why you made the vote you chose, then that'll be better for my essay.

Thank you

Originally Posted By: wavyglanbles
I know its a bit too early, but I am more looking for your predictions/reactions from what you've read about the proposed takeover. Are you excited about it? Or are you fearing that it may not work and make things worse for the club.

I'm currently doing a dissertation on internet marketing, and using this as one of my case studies as its such an interesting story.

So the best thing to do is to vote in a predictive manner. And if you want to say anything as to why you made the vote you chose, then that'll be better for my essay.

Thank you

Now we know why you want everyone to vote. You should have mentioned this earlier, instead of saying that you "heard it" on the Football Manager podcast. Hell, you turned off most of everyone with just the words "Football Manager."

If this is about Internet marketing, you've done a poor job of it.

That is a fair enough comment, you are entitled to your own opinion.

The main aim of this forum post is to find out fans reactions to this proposed takeover, and hopefully document in my dissertation whether its a good idea for the internet to improve a foorball club or no, as this is a rather unique use of the internet, and compare it to past sporting marketing techniques.

In some ways, this MyFootballClub is a form of internet marketing as its creating a publicity stunt for both the site and the club, creating a media frenzy.

I apologise for any offence.

The main aim of this forum post is to find out fans reactions to this proposed takeover, and hopefully document in my dissertation whether its a good idea for the internet to improve a foorball club or no,

So you have already made up your mind that the internet will improve a foorball (Is that what my cats cough up? I didn't know they had clubs for it) club but you just want to know how happy we are at the prospect.
That at least explains why you ar asking the question now rather than waiting until there are some facts to back up your dissertation.

document in my dissertation whether its a good idea for the internet to improve a foorball club or no

This forum is littered with opinions from fans both in favour and against the takeover, however no one honestly knows whether this will work out better or worse for the club in the long run. A good idea in principle perhaps, but I fail to see how you can document it fully without waiting 10 years down the line and seeing where we are then.