Welcome to the new software - Please read! Read more... ×
Fans Focus - Non League football clubs
Sign in to follow this  
Miss.A.F.C.Hornchurch

Bitch's Elvis Fanclub Thread!

Yes the 1st part of the song has lyrics from the song DIXIE, the 2nd part lyrics from a song called The Battle Hymn of the Republic, and the 3rd from lyrics of a song called Hush Little Baby.

If you get the song sheet from Dixie as your refering you wont find parts 2-3 in the verses, now im sure your a big elvis fan, so if you wanna swap pics of your time in Memphis let me know, or if you have pics of The battle ground at Vicksburg where part of The American Civil War took place id love to swap pics with you.

An American Trilogy" is a song arranged by country songwriter Mickey Newbury and made popular by Elvis Presley. Presley began performing the song in concert in 1972—a February recording was released by RCA as a single. Presley performed the song in the 1972 documentary, "Elvis On Tour", as well as his 1973 international satellite telecast "Elvis—Aloha from Hawaii". "An American Trilogy" is a medley of three 19th century songs—"Dixie", a blackface minstrel song that became the unofficial anthem of the U.S. South since the Civil War; "Hush Little Baby", originally a Bahamian lullaby, but closely related to African American spirituals, and well-known through folk music revivalists; and "The Battle Hymn of the Republic", the marching song of the Union Army during the Civil War.

An American Trilogy

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia I rest my case

Originally Posted By: Bitch
I love it wotever it's called. Dixie, Trilogy, or Land of Cotton. Aren't we all singing from the same hymn sheet? I'm whacking off to all 3. Bonus cheerleader

Is that what they call 'Multi-Tasking', Bitch ??

What about chip shops that impersonate Elvis ?