Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Every player will get the chance to shine

King_carra

You could probably as of now pick the team against Burton,atleast around the average 9 places.

Perhaps there is one or maybe two fringe decisions to make,and I am completely and utterly sure that Liam Daish thoughts regarding those one or maybe two players will be noted by the MyFC community.

It is not advantage for future opponents here.Just the tiniest of times spent studying Ebbsfleets squad will lead them to the exact same thing.

It is not like Ebbsfleet..or any other team outside Big 4 is even remotely hard to predict picking the pretty much exakt team that will indeed start the match.

I will tell this again..picking the starting lineup for Ebbsfleet isn´t rocket science exactly.

The problems will not be formation either..but rather tactics.

Concentrate on that,and leave the teampicking bit alone.

It is of very little interest,I assure you.

Originally Posted By: Claudius
You could probably as of now pick the team against Burton,atleast around the average 9 places.
Perhaps there is one or maybe two fringe decisions to make,and I am completely and utterly sure that Liam Daish thoughts regarding those one or maybe two players will be noted by the MyFC community.
It is not advantage for future opponents here.Just the tiniest of times spent studying Ebbsfleets squad will lead them to the exact same thing.
It is not like Ebbsfleet..or any other team outside Big 4 is even remotely hard to predict picking the pretty much exakt team that will indeed start the match.
I will tell this again..picking the starting lineup for Ebbsfleet isn´t rocket science exactly.
The problems will not be formation either..but rather tactics.
Concentrate on that,and leave the teamp icking bit alone.
It is of very little interest,I assure you.

I think that picking a team, is not just about picking the best Eleven,it's about picking the best Eleven who gell the best, and will play the best, against the side that you are playing that particular week, if its not rocket science as you say,why is it some managers are really good, but most are not, have we got the best ones signed up for Myfc ,i dont think so, if it was as easy as you assure us all, then every team would be Man utd, but there not are they?

As a very important (apols, impotent) member of MyFC; some of my views are as follows:

1) I think it is absurd to pretend that, as members of a website team, we are more able than Liam Daish et al to select the best starting line-up. In my humble, Liam, who has already proven himself as a diamond manager (yes, manager!!! Not Head Coach!!) must be THE main decision maker for as long as possible. To lose him would be an absolute disaster...

2) To make team selections available to any Tom, Dick or Harry via the MyFC website wouldn't be a great idea. In fact, a pretty stupid one!! We might as well ask all oppostion managers for their e-mail addresses and then send them team tactics, in advance, just for a laugh!

3) Of course, team tactics mean that different opposition require different tactics - Thus, all MyFC members must have, at least, a basic knowledge of the rest of the BSP sides.

4) Great point, Busta, re: PASE {youth players}, and their chances of being voted upon.

5) There are plenty of things to vote upon, but, at the end of the day, MyFC should be mostly about long-term thinking and planning, not simply a chance for a minority of members to play fantasy football. I am confident that the majority of MyFC members will bear-in-mind what Liam points out; i.e. the players earn their livings, support themselves and their families through playing at The Fleet. This is real life and not a game....!

I believe that MyFC and Fleet will increasingly come to agreements that will work successfully. Fleet will gain more and more fans, and will profit (in all sorts of ways) from worldwide exposure. As this is a new, and ground-breaking, idea there a bound to be a few 'learning curves', but I reckon that the foundations for future successes have been put in place.

Up The Fleet!!

From a new fan...

You want to name the starting lineup against Burton?

You really should be able to pick atleast 9 out of 11.

I am a Wolves fan.

I could give you the starting lineup against Watford if you like,then you could compare.

It is not a biggie.

Remember,Wolves has Mick McCarthy as manager as well..a guy famous for screwing with the teamselection part.

You want to name the starting lineup against Burton?
You really should be able to pick atleast 9 out of 11.
I am a Wolves fan.
I could give you the starting lineup against Watford if you like,then you could compare.
It is not a biggie.
Remember,Wolves has Mick McCarthy as manager as well..a guy famous for screwing with the teamselection part.

Here's your chance Claudius.

Name the team for the Burton-Albion match.
Will take into account the fact that you are unaware of the unavailable. threeeyes

Fair comment, so no need to to make such a big deal about team selection then?? Let Liam do it?? Don't know how your newspaper fantasy football team(s) are doing. Every year I reckon I'm gonna win something (overall, manager of month, week etc.), but never have done - over last 5 years. This spectacular lack of luck/judgement has helped to reinforce the idea that experts, like Liam, are regarded as experts for good reason.. Hence, I am more than willing to go with the experts' decisions.

dj3

Nope,won´t do that Mick.

MyFC members hasn´t got that possibility yet.

I could spend five minutes looking through the names of the guys that beat Weymouth though,and I should probably be about 9 names right,don´t you think?

Why bother with that,as of now?

I will make my selection each and every time when I get the proper chance though.

And you know what,it will differ extremely little from the one that Daish would have done on his own.

Why such a big deal regarding teamselection?

That is a very fair question huwiet.

I ask myself the exact same.

Regarding the teamselection part as..part of MyFC selling concept,it can be in no doubt.

It has to be implemented.It is a central part of what MyFC said it was all about,and many members would be disappointed if it didn´t happen.

Whats bad for MyFC is bad for Ebbsfleet United from now on.

That is the current reality of things.

Embrace it.

Why such a big deal regarding teamselection?

Maybe you're right, maybe in the long run team selection won't be the big bad wolf everyone is making it out to be.

But be real - of course there's going to be a big deal about it. For 140 years the manager has picked the team. 99.9% of all clubs in the world for more than a century have followed that pattern.

Now along comes something that turns that on its head. And you don't think the big deal is justified? Of course it is, it's revolutionary and of course it's the one thing observers, fans and the media are going to be homing in on.

Halfway through a season the majority of a side halfway up the league just about picks itself.

Where this c**k-eyed totalled flawed and ridiculous system (I'm not a fan) will screw up, is at the start of the season when we have 8-9 or even more new players to find places and positions for. And the coach has to develop a playing style to cater for that team.

I'm not having a go at some of our new found friends here, but some of them have just got to get real. The only person to pick a team and deal with tactics MUST be the MANAGER!

Andy, I have to agree with you. Anything designed by a committee ends up as a disaster. 20,000 people picking a team will end up with the safe, boring options that will lack ingenuity and surprise. A manager who knows his squad well can make inspired choices that can turn a match. A committee will never do that.

So here are my questions.

Will the myfcers be choosing tactics as well as formation and players or will Liam have to play his game around their decisions?

Also if like has been said, 9 or so players are obvious picks, but a player is picked that Liam doesn't agree with, changing the formation that he would have liked, is their anything to stop him taking the guy off after 5 mins and replacing him with the player HE wanted playing in the first place and changing to the formation he had suggested initially?

Originally Posted By: chris blanc
So here are my questions.

Will the myfcers be choosing tactics as well as formation and players or will Liam have to play his game around their decisions?

Good question. I'd like to know that one as well.

Originally Posted By: chris blanc
Also if like has been said, 9 or so players are obvious picks, but a player is picked that Liam doesn't agree with, changing the formation that he would have liked, is their anything to stop him taking the guy off after 5 mins and replacing him with the player HE wanted playing in the first place and changing to the formation he had suggested initially?

Nothing. It may cause some mistrust between Liam and the main body of MyFC, but for the most part, there's not much that can be done once he gets the lineup and the match begins. Do I think he'll do that? Honestly, I don't think so, mostly going off of what others on the MyFC forum (and myself) believe - Liam's work and analysis will be taken with great weight and be heavily considered.