Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Every player will get the chance to shine

King_carra

Originally Posted By: rvr
Originally Posted By: chris blanc
So here are my questions.

Will the myfcers be choosing tactics as well as formation and players or will Liam have to play his game around their decisions?

Good question. I'd like to know that one as well.

Originally Posted By: chris blanc
Also if like has been said, 9 or so players are obvious picks, but a player is picked that Liam doesn't agree with, changing the formation that he would have liked, is their anything to stop him taking the guy off after 5 mins and replacing him with the player HE wanted playing in the first place and changing to the formation he had suggested initially?

Nothing. It may cause some mistrust between Liam and the main body of MyFC, but for the most part, there's not much that can be done once he gets the lineup and the match begins. Do I think he'll do that? Honestly, I don't think so, mostly going off of what others on the MyFC forum (and myself) believe - Liam's work and analysis will be taken with great weight and be heavily considered.

It shouldn't be heavily considered. It should be taken as gospel and left alone. Here we have someone who has come to a club and seemingly against massive financial constraints, done a great job. The squad really appears to be gelling, showing us some of the best football we've seen for years and the results speak for themselves.

How anyone can think that they know better than Liam is beyond me and how anyone on Earth could believe that paying £35 gives them the right to play football manager with peoples lives, their jobs, their security is frankly appalling.

Own the team, pick the team was the concept. Well no one appears to be owning anything tangible and no one should be picking a team that they don't know the complete ins and outs of, for all the reasons stated above. It's just plain stupid.

" Own the team, pick the team was the concept. Well no one appears to be owning anything tangible and no one should be picking a team that they don't know the complete ins and outs of, for all the reasons stated above. It's just plain stupid. "

Quoting - Chris Blanc.

Apols, but haven't quite worked out the 'quote' facility. Seem to end up qouting about 4 volumes worth of stuff, so stick 'n paste the important bits instead....

Anyway.. Agree with you completely, CB. As a memeber of MyFC, and having grown very fond, in a fanlike kind of way, of The Fleet - only been to 2 games though - I share your concerns about 'internet fantasy football'.

£35 should never constitute Godliness nor allow access to it - I'd have joined the Mormons, Jehovahs' or Haris' long ago otherwise... If there is a route to salvation, it is through Liam Daish. He is (almost) the Messiah, based upon what he has achieved so far. I have taken the time to watch the Woking match (on Sultana) and listen to (BBC-RK) for the remainder of the games, but I would never want to interfere with his selections/tactics. He and his team know what they are doing - let's leave them to it!!

As football fans; let's all celebrate an alternative to Abramovich, the Glazers and Hicks and Gillett. This is about supporting a team (however we can) in order to bring the 'fan' back into 'football' - in a sensible, considered, but still passionate way.

biggrininvasion

[quote=huwiet)

£35 should never constitute Godliness nor allow access to it - I'd have joined the Mormons, Jehovahs' or Haris' long ago otherwise...

Maybe you should have.

This sycophantic religious referenced babble would see you well placed.

If there is a route to salvation, it is through Liam Daish. He is (almost) the Messiah,

Even the Gods have feet of clay.

From what I've seen over the last ten years, professional sports are worse than Mt. Olympus when it comes to casting out Gods.

Two years of poor results and most clubs/fans bay for the blood of the manager.

The executive usually comply ( just after announcing their confidence in the coach...giving them time to find someone else meanwhile hoping that the supporters never question their ability to pick competent managers).

but I would never want to interfere with his selections/tactics. He and his team know what they are doing - let's leave them to it!!

Well why join MYFC then?

This is about supporting a team (however we can) in order to bring the 'fan' back into 'football' - in a sensible, considered, but still passionate passive way.

biggrininvasion

You can do that without the moral dilemma of 'picking the team' by getting your 35 quid back and joining the Supporters Trust.

There are plenty of clubs out there in the Blue Square or Ryman Leagues that would welcome your 'passionate'(only second on my List of Despised words..'Absolutely' still holds the top spot) and passive support.

Unfortunately or not,it doesn´t work like that.

I certainly thinks that pick the team what is what has dragged many members aboard..and I continue to be extremely sure that one´s it happens,nothing revolutionary regarding the names will happen.

If it turns out like that,it would be the best for the club.

We will see what happens from March and onwards.

So far there hasn´t been any debate at all regarding the teamselection.Only thing that has been even slightly debated was if Akinde should be given a startingplace at about the exact time he was given one by Daish.

I've posted before inviting discussion of the strengths/ weaknesses of current playing staff.

Forum members who attend games are in the box seat.

It would help the overseas MyFC'ers.

Needs to be a thread of its own with a format looking at different player characteristics, eg,

Preferred position

Awareness

Creativity

Ability to beat the man

Desparation Factor

etc, etc

unfortunately I don't have the computer know how regarding setting up such a form.

[quote=waggamick

Maybe you should have.

This sycophantic religious referenced babble would see you well placed.

Sycophantic?? Methinks not.. I just happen to be a bit of a traditionalist when it comes to football. As a member of MyFC, I have the democratic right to take my own stance on issues like team selection. I believe that Liam Daish should be offered every incentive possible to stay at The Fleet - Thus, I want to see 'manager's choice' (undisclosed) option available for all votes relating to selection &/or tactics.

"Well why join MYFC then?" Quote Wagga

'Cos there are plenty of other ways of being involved with a football club. This is a way of moving the power away from dodgy billionaires, and back to the fans, but in a real, rather than virtual way.

"There are plenty of clubs out there in the Blue Square or Ryman Leagues that would welcome your 'passionate'(only second on my List of Despised words..'Absolutely' still holds the top spot) and passive support." Qoute Wagga.

'Actually' is my least favourite..... I have only been to 2 games live, since November announcement. Guess that I am quite passive in this respect. Will probably only get to another 4 or 5 this season. However, the irony of your use of the word 'passive' is not lost on me. Pray (whoops, almost religious stuff again!!) tell, what is your definition of an 'active' supporter??

Originally Posted By: huwiet
I have only been to 2 games live, since November announcement. Guess that I am quite passive in this respect. Will probably only get to another 4 or 5 this season. However, the irony of your use of the word 'passive' is not lost on me. Pray (whoops, almost religious stuff again!!) tell, what is your definition of an 'active' supporter??

So thats ONLY 7 games in a season? Thats ridiculous, call yaself an armchair supporter? Pah, you need to try harder - include 'facts' that someone told you they heard on the commentary, plus information from trusted sources as Wikipedia.

Seriously - if enough 'local' people were as inactive as you, there is no way we would be having this debate... Fleet would be much better off, and MyFC would be something that happened to a badly run, and financially troubled club...

Lol, 1st para.. N1.

2nd para - agree.

Ps.. there is an interesting thread on MyFC forum - "New Indie article". Instigated by a reporter from the 'Independent'. Worth a read, especially the comments made by Nick Harris (the reporter). However, not worth a £35 read, arguably, if your'e not a MyFC member.. Some interesting points made though..

Sycophantic?? Methinks not.. I just happen to be a bit of a traditionalist when it comes to football. As a member of MyFC, I have the democratic right to take my own stance on issues like team selection.

Pray (whoops, almost religious stuff again!!) tell, what is your definition of an 'active' supporter??

Actually...only kidding!

Sycophantic may have been a touch strong but it was a response to your Messanaic references to Liam Daish, who when all is said and done, is a football manager who tend to exist in two states...sacked and those about to be sacked.
It is my understanding that he has been signed for another year already...which in 'manager years' can be 'x' games depending on results.
I've posted on here before that he sits in an enviable position relative to most managers where he does not have to take the blame for team selections gone awry nor is he responsible for tactics early in the game.
He gets the chance to substitute and rearrange the side tactically if things aren't working..after an 'appropriate' amount of match time...when the MYFC'ers feel their collective side has been given a fair go.
As long as he communicates effectively with the MYFC'ers and from what I've seen so far that should not be a problem the system should work.
The ability to communicate well to a global ownership and being prepared to take on an innovative model such as the MYFC model can only look good on Daish's CV. If it works he is a winner. If it doesn't work he'll be lauded for the reasons outlined above.
We'll get his 'managers choice' but it will be delivered subtly .

One of the tenets of MYFC was the opportunity to be an 'active' owner through team selection, etc.
If you're not going to take part in all decisions then your 'activity' is diminished and you are in effect handing back control to individuals.

There are other real not 'virtual'clubs running on the Fan Ownership model...Enfield Town is one. That club is owned by its Trust (of which I am a member)and is doing quite well. They leave decision making up to an elected Board and the coaching staff who, despite their overall high position are still broadly criticised (more often than not in a constructive way) re ground matters and team/tactics selection. Forum members pick 'their' team before a lot of the matches.
Join Enfield Town..no dodgy billionaires there! Plenty of dodgy Forum members though. grin

You're right..going to games is the antihesis of 'passive' support. Oddly enough, research has found that the bigger the Home crowd at a game the greater the anxiety produced for the Home team players with the goalkeeper suffering 3 times the anxiety of his team mates due to his being the last line of defence on home soil. Big home crowds do positively influence refereeing decisions...so attendance is an active form of support.
Wish I could be there.

My definition of 'active' in the cyber MYFC Context is that of fully embracing the whole concept of fan decision making. Failure to do so will see the 'power' in the club shift to individuals (the old model) and see those individuals (be they the manager or someone else) become the de facto 'owners' of the club.

As far as your 'democratic right' not to vote is concerned it comes attached with the democratic responsibility to accept the decision (you don't have to like it)of the majority. By abrogating your right to vote you have increased the power of those who did vote and directly increased the power of those who voted. Shades of Animal Farm.

I'm absolutely passionate about EUFC and actually hope to see you at a game. smile

Lol, 1st para.. N1.

2nd para - agree.

Ps.. there is an interesting thread on MyFC forum - "New Indie article". Instigated by a reporter from the 'Independent'. Worth a read, especially the comments made by Nick Harris (the reporter). However, not worth a £35 read, arguably, if your'e not a MyFC member.. Some interesting points made though..

With 27,000+ members now, MyFC should have some very well-placed people to call upon!
Can see that working both ways for the club...

"As far as your 'democratic right' not to vote is concerned it comes attached with the democratic responsibility to accept the decision (you don't have to like it)of the majority. By abrogating your right to vote you have increased the power of those who did vote and directly increased the power of those who voted. Shades of Animal Farm."

PS, perhaps PPS; My point was that I have a right to vote, in the way that I choose. To select "Manager's Choice" is not a non-vote, rather a sign of positive belief in the manager - In this instance, Liam... This consitutes a 'YES' vote for status quo - {great band}!