Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Ignorant New Member

mlg

Originally Posted By: mlg
Originally Posted By: Greg_Dyke
Americans barely speak English, let alone....er French or German...duck

Instead of being balkanized as was and still is your small island, we can travel 3000 miles with the same currency (although a little bit less valuable today) and speak the same language (Spanglish). This is something you Brits can not do.
PS. What happened to India, still under UK rule? Or should I ask about Ireland and Scotland?

up the standard miggy !

Here's a lesson for you...
India - returned to the Indian people
Ireland - returned to Irish rule, except on that little area up the top, where they think they are still Brits....I should think you Americans know all about the Irish problem, seeing as the IRA got a huge wad of funding from the US in the 70's, 80's and 90's
Scotland - remained part of the union, but now has some partial devoluted powers

All very decently worked out....Europe, of which we are a part, now is mature enough to know that conflict and invasions are a thing of the dark ages.
Unlike a certain "super-power" that still likes to bully it's way around the world, in search of oil and power.

As I read history:

India - you were forced out.
Ireland - you were forced out.
Scotland - you are hanging on by your nails just to keep the oil
Singapore - you were forced out.
Middle East - After British solders were whipped in retaliation for its caning policy; you left, head hanging, tail between your legs.
South Atlantic - you did have a big victory for Maggie Thatcher in the Malvinas.

No such place.

The Falkland Islands, however.............

Originally Posted By: Big J R
Americans barely speak English, let alone....er French or German...duck

Instead of being balkanized as was and still is your small island, we can travel 3000 miles with the same currency (although a little bit less valuable today) and speak the same language (Spanglish). This is something you Brits can not do.
PS. What happened to India, still under UK rule? Or should I ask about Ireland and Scotland?

up the standard miggy !

Here's a lesson for you...
India - returned to the Indian people
Ireland - returned to Irish rule, except on that little area up the top, where they think they are still Brits....I should think you Americans know all about the Irish problem, seeing as the IRA got a huge wad of funding from the US in the 70's, 80's and 90's
Scotland - remained part of the union, but now has some partial devoluted powers

All very decently worked out....Europe, of which we are a part, now is mature enough to know that conflict and invasions are a thing of the dark ages.
Unlike a certain "super-power" that still likes to bully it's way around the world, in search of oil and power.

As I read history:

India - you were forced out.
Ireland - you were forced out.
Scotland - you are hanging on by your nails just to keep the oil
Singapore - you were forced out.
Middle East - After British solders were whipped in retaliation for its caning policy; you left, head hanging, tail between your legs.
South Atlantic - you did have a big victory for Maggie Thatcher in the Malvinas.

No such place.

The Falkland Islands, however.............

Once again a Brit shows his ignorance. Ignorance must be endemic in the UK.
Please read the following carefully. To help you, I've tried to avoid big words. I have, however, provided a definition in small words. Islas Malvinas[2]) are an archipelago (a large group of islands) that is in the South Atlantic Ocean, located 300 miles (483 km) east of the coast of Argentina.
By the way, I understand that Britain is colony of
Eire. "Amhran na bhFiann"

Hi mlg and welcome ,i am a Billericay town supporter, which is in essex and we are in the ryman premier league, our recent claim to fame, was being in the 1st round of the FAcup being drawn against swansea city who are in league-1 so for us it was like wow a day to remember and we were 1-0 up against them at half time, but in the end they won 2-1.Anyway just wanted to say hello. As for all the rest of this stuff going on here why? i think enough has gone in the world with9/11 and the bombs that went off on our trains and bus,its very very sad, so why don't we just talk football! no fancy words i am working class bloke. (oderint dum metuant,) does this mean? let them hate so long as they fear? i believe it was a favorite saying of caligula i think? Blue fan.

Originally Posted By: Blue fan
Hi mlg and welcome ,i am a Billericay town supporter, which is in essex and we are in the ryman premier league, our recent claim to fame, was being in the 1st round of the FAcup being drawn against swansea city who are in league-1 so for us it was like wow a day to remember and we were 1-0 up against them at half time, but in the end they won 2-1.Anyway just wanted to say hello. As for all the rest of this stuff going on here why? i think enough has gone in the world with9/11 and the bombs that went off on our trains and bus,its very very sad, so why don't we just talk football! no fancy words i am working class bloke. (oderint dum metuant,) does this mean? let them hate so long as they fear? i believe it was a favorite saying of caligula i think? Blue fan.

You are absolutely correct about Caligula and his 'motto'.
I am also glad that you are a voice of reason. Let's get on and support our team. I've tried this approach once before to no avail. I hope it works this time.
As you can see, I was up front from the beginning when I referred to myself as an ignorant new member. This still holds true. Any guidance you can provide is appreciated. Pax vobiscum.

Hi mlg, i have to be honest i did look up the quote, anyway whats got you interested with football? and if i am not wrong you support EbbsfleetFC? i don't know too much about this team i will have to look at their web site, i do believe theres acouple of threads on this site that explains it really well about the league system, don't say your ignorant, your interested is a better word, and i am sure you will get more people on this site.Have you gone onto the Ebbsfleet forum site yet? i am sure you will get a lot of help on that site from the other supporters.Blue fan. ps i have just been on there and i do remember now what happened the fans all paid so much each to buy the club,it was on the tv news one evening, that club is not that far from us. And peace be with you.

Yes, I did buy one share for GBP35.00. It seems all the premier football teams in the UK are being purchased by rather wealthy foreigners. Now I can tell whomever will listen that I too belong to the glitterati.

Thanks for the heads up about the Ebbsfleet forum. I thought this was the Ebbsfleet forum site.

Lastly, a nonfootball query, I hope to visit Glasgow and the Shetland Islands this summer. Any suggestions abouth places to stay, visit and eat in the Shetlands? Thanks for any information.

PS, Sumus primi means 'We are Number One' which is my alma mater's slogan.

Nice to have been able to help, not all us english people you have spoken to are like that, so please keep that in mind i don,t know much about scotland, but people who i know in the past have always spoke highly of scotland, hope you enjoy your stay when you come over, and i will keep one eye on Ebbsfleet fc Blue fan.

urchin mentalist, you like me have been around for a while he thought he was on the ebbsfleet site i coundn,t understand where the war bit came in with him , how ever i hope someone from ebbsfleet, will come to his aid, take care, urchin mentalist, Blue fan.ps his now on the site.