Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Current MyFC membership

doheochai

Quote:
Hadn't forgotten, assumed y2 money was ring fenced, as given their statements about not taking the club into debt etc they would not dip into that pot (significantly) without the security of knowing they could replace it when the time comes, which I don't see how they can at the moment.

True enough, but aren't they also required to have a minimum of 15,000 members in each year or they have to jack it in and either sell the shares or give them to the trust.

If this is true, then there will be just over 400K available next year.

Originally Posted By: David Holden
[ but without knowing how much has already been spent finding a club and carrying out due diligence etc, we don't know how much is available to cover running costs.

There are also salaries and expenses to take into account as well I would imagine.

From what I understand, Chairman Will has not been doing his normal job since this started and will still need to pay the bills.

My problem with all this, is how have MyFC given any advantage to the Club?

With or without them we still have the same Team (which is good one)

We have cleared Debts, true, but we could have improved the situation by getting rid of Fleet Leisure ourselves anyway!

If we win a couple of more games, we can be at Wembley (perhaps more than once) and this would give us much more money than MyFC could give us over many years!

With MyFC we risk the silly selection of players etc., by some of their stupid fringe members votes!

I know that hindsight is a fine thing and at the time negotiations started we were perhaps not in such a good position, but feel there maybe some red faces in the old board room by the end of this season!

Most annoying thing would be, if we are successful, that some of their members would be gloating over their success, without having done anything to improve the Team!

My thoughts lol!

It's all about the cash injection Princess.

Some of the people on the forum there (as that is all it is really) are complete buffoons (I'm being nice) who have no clue about the Fleet as club, the players as a team, the fans or non league football in general.

It worries me considerably.

Originally Posted By: Jeff

From what I understand, Chairman Will has not been doing his normal job since this started and will still need to pay the bills.

No idea what his personal finances are but the setup is that £7.50 each subscription is paid to "The Operator" which is a limited company set up to run the website, find the club, buy the club, sing the theme toon, etc. In other words do all the operational stuff. So maybe he's getting a salary from that.

Trivia: I only realised Will is the son of Ray Brooks, the actor, when I saw his dad at the last match...

It's all about the cash injection Princess.

Some of the people on the forum there (as that is all it is really) are complete buffoons (I'm being nice) who have no clue about the Fleet as club, the players as a team, the fans or non league football in general.

It worries me considerably.

It should worry you - the people that post on the MyFC forums are the ones who still have an interest - remember almost 10,000 couldn't even be bothered to take part in the first 'proper' vote!

Originally Posted By: PatMan
Originally Posted By: StuThompson
One more to the membership now. I now own this club and you shall do as I say grin

Stu - why? What swung it for you?

Basically just to be a part of the club I love. I planned to do it as soon as it was confirmed, but waited till pay day before doing it. Also to get more of an insight with access to the website. I don't really want to get involved with the descisions, but I would like to think that if I decide to join in with the picking of the team I would have a pretty good idea of who to choose, as would any other regular Fleet supporter that attends regularly.

Were the Fleet Leisure losses included in the £26-28k loss per month, I don't know?

Also, don't you think the whole MyFC thing has motivated the team a lot? We'll never know but I wonder if we would have otherwise had the recent great run? Bit of a coincidence.

And if some silly sods want to gloat, who cares?

Originally Posted By: Digitalis

No idea what his personal finances are but the setup is that £7.50 each subscription is paid to "The Operator" which is a limited company set up to run the website, find the club, buy the club, sing the theme toon, etc. In other words do all the operational stuff. So maybe he's getting a salary from that.

Trivia: I only realised Will is the son of Ray Brooks, the actor, when I saw his dad at the last match...

Ah! Perhaps acting runs in the family! smile

Basically just to be a part of the club I love. I planned to do it as soon as it was confirmed, but waited till pay day before doing it. Also to get more of an insight with access to the website. I don't really want to get involved with the descisions, but I would like to think that if I decide to join in with the picking of the team I would have a pretty good idea of who to choose, as would any other regular Fleet supporter that attends regularly.

Real serious, honest question now - Apart from access to the website, do you think you would have more or less connection with the club had you not bunged £35 into the Fleet Trust? Yes, yes - I know there is the 'pick the team' bollix - but your one vote is hardly likely to make a difference to that.

Originally Posted By: Digitalis
Were the Fleet Leisure losses included in the £26-28k loss per month, I don't know?

Also, don't you think the whole MyFC thing has motivated the team a lot? We'll never know but I wonder if we would have otherwise had the recent great run? Bit of a coincidence.

And if some silly sods want to gloat, who cares?

To be honest, the good results have come from playing passing football - which has come as a result of the squad 'bedding'. (It's why I hope Liam can keep them together over the summer)

Originally Posted By: doheochai
For information purposes -

Current MyFC membership as of midnight 28/01/2008

This is an increase of 496 members since the announcement of the result of the takeover vote at midday on 23/01/2008. This equates to an extra £13,640 for club funds. Sign-ups are continuing at an average of 30 per day at the moment.

As I understand it, many members were disillusioned with the Ebbsfleet takeover and have stated that they will not renew their membership next year! They are not able to leave now, under the MyFC rules, will you give the fig's leaving next year as well as those joining? Assuming you remain a member of course!

Originally Posted By: PatMan

Real serious, honest question now - Apart from access to the website, do you think you would have more or less connection with the club had you not bunged £35 into the Fleet Trust? Yes, yes - I know there is the 'pick the team' bollix - but your one vote is hardly likely to make a difference to that.

I already pay £120 per year into the fleet trust.