Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Current MyFC membership

doheochai

Originally Posted By: John Pearce
Originally Posted By: Andrewc
I don't know why you bother. Mr. Pearce.

Because I appear to be one of the few that have not been taken in by the drivel that comes out almost daily from the lemmings at MyFc, because I do not believe for one moment that what has happened is good for the long term future of the club and finally I happen to care about the club that I have supported, through both the good and bad times, for over 40 years.

You believe the propaganda from both MyFc and Botley's motley crew if you like, but I don't.

I can assure you that I will get absolutely no pleasure coming back onto this forum at some point in the future to say that I told you so, when this whole farce goes pear shaped and the club become more of a laughing stock than it has already become.

Aah. I see the problem here.
The majority of our fans are gullible and naive.
A scheme designed for fans of the game to get involved in has actually attracted 30,000 mini Hitlers, hellbent on exterminating non-league clubs.
The board who have overseen the remarkable progression of recent years are in fact incompetent and a 'motley' crew.

Most of the fans, all of the owners, and the backroom staff are all wrong John. Sorry mate, I should have realised the self-professed 'pessimist/optimist with experience', member of the Yorkshire News (Change is NOT GOOD) brigade, was better-informed and more aware of the implications of this takeover than the whole infrastructure, old and new, of our club. Of course this will send the club to a long-term death!

I mean, how can a scheme which takes no money out of the club, whilst clearing its debts and attracting sponsors, that works within the boundaries it has, even possibly hope to keep a football club alive?

And on a pedantic note, how can the MyFC members be lemmings in a scheme which is totally novel and original? I don't think anyone within MyFC has signed up because it's the in thing to do. No-one's really paid their £35 because 'their mates have'.

If you want your dream of small-time GNFC playing small-time Kent League with small-time crowds, work as hard as you can to sabotage MyFC, because that's one direction they won't be taking us in.

You believe the propaganda from both MyFc and Botley's motley crew

John, you'd've been well and truly lost if Jason's surname hadn't rhymed to suit your purposes. Must be annoying that Brian is back now, though... his surname doesn't quite trip off the lips in such poetic terms, eh?

I can assure you that I will get absolutely no pleasure coming back onto this forum at some point in the future to say that I told you so, when this whole farce goes pear shaped and the club become more of a laughing stock than it has already become.

John, you may be right. None of us truly know how well / badly this will work. I am one of those that believes that it will be a good thing, but I do not own a crystal ball.

If things come crashing down in the next couple of years and the club is left in a hole, I will be among the first to eat humble pie and admit that you were right all along.

However, if, 5 years from now, the MYFC membership remains in the region of 30,000, the club is in rude health financially and are pushing for promotion from League 2 (all hypothetical, I know, but possible), will you reciprocate and come on here to say 'I admit it, I was wrong. This thing has worked out incredibly well'?

I hope so

I can understand where Mr Pearce is coming from so to speak.

That said,the alternative the club had is well known.

Going back to part time,and seriously tighten things up financially.

The operational loss was of that magnitude.

I can understand those who think that taking steps back would be a better future for the club...that is an emotional point of view,and we are football fans after all.

Anyone has any idea what the local signup rate to MyFC has been?

Originally Posted By: doheochai
Eurostar sponsor the team. But in terms of the financial operation of the club, once the takeover is complete there will not be seperate accounts.

Really???????????????

This should be interesting when the trust has to submit audited accounts to the FSA and the football club must submit it's audited accounts to Companies House.

I can see that the dock at Cardiff Crown Court will have to be enlarged. hanged

Eurostar sponsor the team. But in terms of the financial operation of the club, once the takeover is complete there will not be seperate accounts.

Ahm,.... are you sure that you have any idea of what you are talking about? You are talking about two completely different and separate legal entities.
This may illustrate it to you:
Club has its own accounts and can even have debts.
Trust has its own accounts and cannot have debts.

Do not just listen to what your dear Willy tells you, use your own brain sometimes too. Please.

There is now a membership counter on the www.myfootballclub.co.uk
page (i.e. the public pre-signing in page)

It will automatically increase with each new sign-up.

Latest total is 27,934

So for those that don't give a 'toss' - there is little point in me posting further updates as anyone can now go to the page themselves.

Seems like it is not working at the moment...
Oh no, maybe all the "supporters" have gone!
Oh no, what shall we do now?
Bummer, no takeover then and everything goes to the charities. The Fleet will have to suffer all those debts all by itself.... just like all these past years...
Why did we believe in salvation? Seems like Willy is not that special after all.

Originally Posted By: yoshi
There is now a membership counter on the www.myfootballclub.co.uk
page (i.e. the public pre-signing in page)

It will automatically increase with each new sign-up.

Latest total is 27,934

So for those that don't give a 'toss' - there is little point in me posting further updates as anyone can now go to the page themselves.

Seems like it is not working at the moment...
Oh no, maybe all the "supporters" have gone!
Oh no, what shall we do now?
Bummer, no takeover then and everything goes to the charities. The Fleet will have to suffer all those debts all by itself.... just like all these past years...
Why did we believe in salvation? Seems like Willy is not that special after all.

Since when did a minor technical glitch on a website equate to the demise of MyFC and subsequently EUFC?

Absolutely everything you have said here is farcical and fantasy. The takeover has happened. The fans are there for as long as they have paid up for. The debt has been wiped. We will have better streams of income for as long as MyFC are about. Will Brooks was not a saviour and it doesn't look like he's selling himself as Jesus.

Originally Posted By: KShep

Since when did a minor technical glitch on a website equate to the demise of MyFC and subsequently EUFC?

Absolutely everything you have said here is farcical and fantasy. The takeover has happened. The fans are there for as long as they have paid up for. The debt has been wiped. We will have better streams of income for as long as MyFC are about. Will Brooks was not a saviour and it doesn't look like he's selling himself as Jesus.

Obviously one of us doesn't have any sense of humour.

However, has the takeover happened? Nothing is finalised yet. We still have to wait for some time when the old shareholders can complain etc, but yes, that is just a formality.

And I agree with you that Will is not a saviour, and certainly he is not selling himself as Jesus (he would have to be a much better actor than his dad), BUT certainly so many of MYFC members are following him and believe everything he says just like he IS a Jesus. At least.

Originally Posted By: 1 F in Fleet
Originally Posted By: rsheard
But you have no problem attacking others who think differently from you.

That's rich - most of us that aren't 100% pro-MYfc were attacked in the exactly the same vein by you and Dokey from the day you appeared on our forum . Pot and kettle ? Or frying pan and fire ???

You'll be hard-pressed to find a post where I've attacked anyone personally. I've disagreed, but I try to do so without the useless personal attacks that have so often been directed the other way.

Originally Posted By: laurabundock
Hello - I'm a reporter for Sky News. We ran a report about MyFC and Ebbsfleet in November and are keen to do a follow up piece for our website to see how it's going.

Any thoughts or comments from fans, or people who've just bought a share would be really appreciated...

Laura Bundock.

I suggest that you read the threads on this forum, and make your own mind up, rather than having a opinion thrust upon you from others.But heres mine! If Myfc want to give us there money, thats brilliant,but as they have yet to vote on team selection, then the impact has not been felt in full,when they start voting on the team selection,the results will speak for themselves.
If Ebbsfleet Utd lose all there upcoming cup matches and do not make the play offs due to poor team selection, Then I believe it will instigate even more debate as whether taking the Myfc monies was worth it or not.I still think it is to early, to base`a fully informed opinion on what moves has taken place so far.

And mine is:

still not 100% convinced it the best way. as has been said countless times, the money is needed to get us back on financial track, but it at the sacrifice of the history and tradition of the club.

Ebbsfleet/Gravesend and Northfleet has always been an old fashioned, traditional non-league club, well run, within budget and with a slow but sure line taken by the board.

Events over the last three years such as full time football, name changes, massive sponsorship, plans for a new stadium and now MyFC are almost too much for the everyday fan to take on board over a short period.

In short, it's not the way things have been done over the past 60 years, no wonder there is still apathy over the venture.

Some may argue it will enable the club to continue and flourish, but the counter arguement is equally valid, it is no longer the club I know and support.

Originally Posted By: Chatham Gary

In short, it's not the way things have been done over the past 60 years, no wonder there is still apathy over the venture.

'Antipathy', surely?

Apologies for the nitpicking, Gary - I too seem to have come over all funny and have started agreeing with a not insubstantial amount of what you post.

The real apathy is being shown at the MyFC end.

When the deal was first announced figures of 50,000 members where being bandied about but four months later they have not managed to reach the 30,000 mark.

A significant number of the current members seem to have lost interest already if the numbers voting are anything to go by and if that trend is not altered MyFC will not achieve anywhere near the 15,000 renewals they say they need to operate next year.

I hope their is a decent exit strategy in place.