Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

The manifesto of Harry J Allstars

Originally Posted By: Chatham Gary

Don't want to be picky, S-J, but..................
1. My back lawn needs scarifying.
2. I thought Star Trek's Borg were the only proper "collective".
3. Admitting to being a referee is nothing to be proud of - especially if you thing Conference refs are good.
4. Watching Fleet is often fun, frequently nail-biting, sometimes nerve-wracking, but never, ever comfortable. Come here, just once, then rewrite your statement.
5.Never forget the consensus of the Fleet supporters, who are not MyFC members, after all, we will still make up the majority of the home gate.
6. Remember, too, that some of us do not want to change Fleet too much. A little tweaking here and there, a bit more income, better gates and a better cground. But leave our team and the selection of that team alone.
7 Why do you feel the need to emphasise the fact you are a female. If you are suitably qualified, have vast experience in these matters, then gender shouild play no part in the election.
8 If you win, arrange to get the bloody Sultana tv gantry from my eyesight. I have been standing in "my spot" for XX years, now I cannot see the Plough end goal thanks to a mountain of rusty scaffolding. And no, I do not want to move. I was there first.

1. Interesting
2. Your probably right seeing as you are taking this personal and editing what I said.
3. I disagree. I'm very proud to be a referee. I'm doing a job that needs doing.
4. I was referring to the forum, but o well, take what you want out of content.
5. What? Where do it say I've forgotten about the existing fans?
6. Change isn't a bad thing. Plus the only reason MyFC exists is because of this. You can't have one without the other.
7. Like being female is going to help my candidacy, I'm trying to emphasize the fact that I won't forget about women's football. I've clearly stated on other threads that gender should play no part, as long as women's football is represented, it doesn't matter.
8. A hacksaw should do the trick, good luck.

Originally Posted By: Sarah-Jane

1. Interesting
2. Your probably right seeing as you are taking this personal and editing what I said.
3. I disagree. I'm very proud to be a referee. I'm doing a job that needs doing.
4. I was referring to the forum, but o well, take what you want out of content.
5. What? Where do it say I've forgotten about the existing fans?
6. Change isn't a bad thing. Plus the only reason MyFC exists is because of this. You can't have one without the other.
7. Like being female is going to help my candidacy, I'm trying to emphasize the fact that I won't forget about women's football. I've clearly stated on other threads that gender should play no part, as long as women's football is represented, it doesn't matter.
8. A hacksaw should do the trick, good luck.

So, to be 'picky', the only answers that have anything to do with EUFC, and its fans, (4,5 and 8), its possible to jump to this conclusion - Forum first, fans are best left unmentioned, and if you want something doing - you are better off doing it yourself!

You make it should like I've forgotten about the Ebbsfleet fans. If you've read other posts that I've submitted, you'd know that this isn't true.

Every time some a***hole comes on the forums talking about Zero Hour and stupid idea's like that, I'm one of the first people in there arguing against it.

You make it should like I've forgotten about the Ebbsfleet fans. If you've read other posts that I've submitted, you'd know that this isn't true.

Every time some a***hole comes on the forums talking about Zero Hour and stupid idea's like that, I'm one of the first people in there arguing against it.

I have read ALL 3 of your posts Sarah - I haven't made anything up.

Sorry, I was referring the the MyFC forum. My apologies for not explaining that.

I kinda guessed - but no matter how wonderful your posts on there are - am not coughing up £35 to read them! Thats almost as much as getting in to the ground for 3 league games!! (And I know which I prefer)

Originally Posted By: Lord Horn
Originally Posted By: PatMan
Who is Sarah-Jane?

Sarah Jane and Dohecehai (or however you spell it) have got as much chance of getting my vote as Janet Street Porter winning the Miss Universe title! arrr

you have really hurt my feelings m'Lord.

By the way did you actually read the statements from any of the candidates - or are you dismissing people purely on assumptions you are making without making the effort?

I welcome the fact that a number of existing EUFc supporters have put themselves forward as candidates (and I will be voting for two of them) but MyFC is much broader than just the existing supporter base and if it is to work it requires the input from others as well. Indeed anyone who would confine their votes purely to existing EUFC supporters is renaging on their responsibility to consider who would be the best for the job. Remember that there are disgreements on here among supporters as to the best way forward for the club and, despite what you may think, it doesn't automatically mean they are the best people for the job.

and my name is spelt doheochai.

By the way - in case you're interested - my answer to a question that was asked of candidates -

Who comes first? Members or Ebbsfleet United Football Club?

For me, Ebbsfleet United. Why did we join MyFC? To talk on a forum or to run a football club? MyFC was established to buy a football club and allow football fans to run it. Without the club we have no MyFC. This is coupled with the fact that we have taken over a club that has players and staff who rely on it for their livelihood, a club with an existing fan base and with a long history and tradition. We have a responsibility to treat it with care and only operate on the basis of what is in the best interests of the club. There should never be a conflict of interest between the Society and the club. If such a situation arises I would question how we got into that position.

Nobody is better qualified for the job than those who have been to the Fleet for years on end. I hope the voters do the right thing and get both Harry J and DA11 on board. I'd trust their judgement over anyone new from Myfc and I think anyone who is signed up and cares about the club should feel the same way.

Every regular will know that HJA and I have our "differences".

I pm'ed this to him earlier today, but have thought about, and decided that it probably is ok to make it public.

Paul,

I know we disagree about almost everything, and probably always will, but I would still like to wish you good luck in the election campaign. Cannot vote myself, as I have not (yet) signed up, but I still hope you, and DA11 get on the board.

Gary

Originally Posted By: Hannah
Nobody is better qualified for the job than those who have been to the Fleet for years on end. I hope the voters do the right thing and get both Harry J and DA11 on board. I'd trust their judgement over anyone new from Myfc and I think anyone who is signed up and cares about the club should feel the same way.

What must be remembered Hannah, is that it is not the job of the MyFC Board to run the club. The MyFC Board is responsible for overseeing the work of MyFC, facilitating the involvement of the membership and liasing with the Club's Board. While it would be important to have some such people on the Board, this fact should not be lost sight of. The input from long-standing Fleet supporters can bring a more round view point on issues, but the Club Board is a different body with different responsibilities and powers.

Originally Posted By: doheochai
Originally Posted By: Lord Horn
Originally Posted By: PatMan
Who is Sarah-Jane?

Sarah Jane and Dohecehai (or however you spell it) have got as much chance of getting my vote as Janet Street Porter winning the Miss Universe title! arrr

you have really hurt my feelings m'Lord.

By the way did you actually read the statements from any of the candidates - or are you dismissing people purely on assumptions you are making without making the effort?

I welcome the fact that a number of existing EUFc supporters have put themselves forward as candidates (and I will be voting for two of them) but MyFC is much broader than just the existing supporter base and if it is to work it requires the input from others as well. Indeed anyone who would confine their votes purely to existing EUFC supporters is renaging on their responsibility to consider who would be the best for the job. Remember that there are disgreements on here among supporters as to the best way forward for the club and, despite what you may think, it doesn't automatically mean they are the best people for the job.

and my name is spelt doheochai.

By the way - in case you're interested - my answer to a question that was asked of candidates -

For me, Ebbsfleet United. Why did we join MyFC? To talk on a forum or to run a football club? MyFC was established to buy a football club and allow football fans to run it. Without the club we have no MyFC. This is coupled with the fact that we have taken over a club that has players and staff who rely on it for their livelihood, a club with an existing fan base and with a long history and tradition. We have a responsibility to treat it with care and only operate on the basis of what is in the best interests of the club. There should never be a conflict of interest between the Society and the club. If such a situation arises I would question how we got into that position.

and as desperation for that 15 minutes sets in the sadness of faceless people reveals itself.....!!!!

Originally Posted By: doheochai

There already is a conflict doheochai, some of your members think they should manage the team despite the fact that over 95% of them have never seen the side play. We already have a very good manager and don't need to see him usurped by a spotty 14 year old sitting in front of a computer who thinks soccer is really neat.
It is not in the best interests of the club to have your members pick the team, how would you resolve this.

Originally Posted By: Slartibartfast

There already is a conflict doheochai, some of your members think they should manage the team despite the fact that over 95% of them have never seen the side play. We already have a very good manager and don't need to see him usurped by a spotty 14 year old sitting in front of a computer who thinks soccer is really neat.
It is not in the best interests of the club to have your members pick the team, how would you resolve this.

To start with a spotty 14 year old can't have an input - Against the rules for 14 year old to be members.

Secondly - no conflict for me. I didn't join MyFC to pick the team, but it is one of the main tenets of MyFC and so will happen - but not until a full range of structures are put in place to ensure that the MyFC membership have an opprotunity to review previous games, reaching coaching reports etc. It will be one of the jobs of the MyFC Board to ensure this happens. And don't forget, Liam Daish supports the membership of MyFC picking the team.

Originally Posted By: Slartibartfast

slarti old boy I know you are from the estuary but perlease dont be so thick.....think on...you have taken the moonies dosh...and openly accepted that money...its been spent on debt that you have run up (not personally) the money was raised on the promise....

buy your own club pick your own team...

all things have a price tag (not always monetary) it cannot be changed as a tort case from 4 or more of them could tumble the whole pack....

200k on due diligence....?

you no risten..... asien

"And don't forget, Liam Daish supports the membership of MyFC picking the team."

He would say that wouldn't he. You don't slag off your new bosses until you have found a new job !! As I have said before it wouldn't surprise me if Liam had it away on his toes at the end of the season. I hope I am wrong, but I wouldn't blame him.

It's not rocket science is it ? You are appointed as team manager of a Conference side. You do fairly well over the period on a small budget. So much so that other teams are rumoured to have an interest in employing you. Suddenly your main responsibilities ( team selection, tactics & hiring & firing ) are taken away from you and given to who knows who !

If this happened to anyone of you, in whatever sort of job you have, wouldn't you say stuff it ?? I know I would !

Cheers,