Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Question is Mike Smee off

neo

Wasn’t at the game last night but heard that Mike Smee has packed up

If this is true then we must do something to change his mined or that will be the end of seeing the Maxes Lukes and Robbie Carrolls that he has brought through in the last two years.

bigcry

That doesn’t answer the question dancingman

May I add Mike Smee when he has money would give his last penny for any one of his youth players.

I think a cheap dig at him about scrounging is sad seeing as the reason he has no money to buy his own tea is he spends most of his money on our youth system.

coffee

Well is he staying because my son plays for the under 16s and he will go to another club if Mike Smee is not there. bolt

As the standard of coaching is sure to decline within our youth.

Please can you not deflect my Question and if you have an answer can you give one YES or NO argue

With respect,i would have thought that those involved with the youth team,like yourself, would have a better idea what was going on with the youth team than fans of the senior team.

I'm sure his own players would find out any significant move before we would.I would suggest one of the players phone Mike for clarification.I hope that he hasn't left because the spirit and potential coming through looks to be first class.

Originally Posted By: neo
That doesn’t answer the question dancingman
May I add Mike Smee when he has money would give his last penny for any one of his youth players.
I think a cheap dig at him about scrounging is sad seeing as the reason he has no money to buy his own tea is he spends most of his money on our youth system.
coffee

Cheap Dig? More like a teas!

Tony Corrigan and Mike Smee has brought some wonderful players to Enfield Town and I for one love to watch Max, Luke and Freddie to name but a few. With town the first team comes first and always will. We are lucky to have a quality youth set up but at the end of the day you and Mike must do what you must do! Players and managers come and go at all levels. Respect to you and Mike whether he stays or goes.

I have taken the advice given to me and got my son to call Mr Smee and he said he will be at the club till the day the club fill he should step down. yay He said Enfield is where his heart is.

in fact he said Enfield is to him like marriage sometimes you say stuff you regret but the love is still there bisou he also said he would clarify this with his side Sunday.

This is great news my son is very happy again and so am I.

Come on lets win the fa youth cup next year well we can all dream. countingsheep

It seems the club will have more players come through the youth for more years to come.

May I add Mike Smee is the best coach my son has had in his football life and he has played for two different academies Spurs and Leyton Orient. My son has learnt more in four month from Mike than he has from the coaches at these clubs in four years. cheerleadercheerleadercheerleadercheerleadercheerleadercheerleadercheerleadercheerleadercheerleader

• 9 years later...

Okay, I'm officially confused now!

Post after post of glowing praise, lording him as a top, top coach,

Then a link to a police website suggesting he's unfit to be with children!

What's going on? What's real here?

Help!

So they are! What a fool I am, never thought to look at the dates!

Thanks Lovely Stuff.

What a shocking story. The worse of its kind possible. It just goes to show how very very careful every parent and club/school etc needs to be. You just can't trust anybody with your children until they are old enough to fend for themselves and even then it can be disastrous. I hope the victim/s recover to have a healthy and stable life and wish Smee the treatment inside he served on his vulnerable victims he was entrusted with

There may be a few more shocks and surprises to come, me-thinks !