Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

How many Ebbsfleet supporters are MyFC members ?

Derryman

Originally Posted By: Uncle Urchin

the silent non voting idiots out vote the wisdom of the crowd... mark my words...

Woah horsey.......that's not very nice Unc ! No f*cker's going to spoil my Saturday afternoon watching my home town team, even if I have to break the doors down !! God made Saturday afternoons for beer & football !! And the big fella didn't ask for a vote either !!

Cheers Unc,

beer

Originally Posted By: eufckev
More and more members are still joining up everyday, so the whole concept of it all is a good one.

Unless you have an inherent opposition to the principle of people who have no connection whatsoever to a particular location claiming to 'support' the Club in that area. In which case, the number of members is irrelevant - the 'concept' will never be a 'good' one.

For the record, I'm not a member, and have no intention whatsoever of becoming one.

Originally Posted By: Claudius
Hang on just one sec,Slarti.
I have been a MyFC member since the very beginning,you haven´t.
How do you envision 28K outsiders signing up to the very slogan..own the club,pick the team..that a majority of those..silent majority since August mind you..suddenly have changed their minds about picking the team.
To tell the truth,that members picks the team is the one thing that really..I mean,really..stands out regarding the MyFC concept.
I am willing to bet a decent amount,Slarti..they WANT to pick the team.
It would define logic otherwise.
The silent majority knows nothing about EUFC.The average silent majority member hasn´t bothered to post on the MyFC forum or have taken an interest to learn more about EUFC.The average silent majority member will want to do what he signed up for(signing up was a sign of activity..the one and only he has done so far..think about it!)Own the club-pick the team.
It is just logical.
You have to agree..putting personal opinions aside.

Hang on just one sec, Claudius; Slarti knows way more about EUFC than you!! You have been a MyFC member since the start - whoopee doo!! Me too, but like the vast majority of members that I know, I'm happy to leave team selection to Liam. I suspect that nearly all UK members feel the same..... Emphasis on UK. wink

Originally Posted By: jc

Unless you have an inherent opposition to the principle of people who have no connection whatsoever to a particular location claiming to 'support' the Club in that area. In which case, the number of members is irrelevant - the 'concept' will never be a 'good' one.

For the record, I'm not a member, and have no intention whatsoever of becoming one.

Whoops, The idea of someone in Australia setting his alarm clock for 2:00 am to listen to Lord Chas and getting excited over the Fleet really appeals to me JC.
I love the thought that there are people all round the world that care about how we get on, its just the thought that some of them think they are managers that I find worrying.

I always look forward to your posts JC as well as Bernards and KMJ's as I think you all manage to post sensibly without letting your support of the club cloud your judgement.

I hope your dislike of the new owners doesn't stop your support of the club or your work with the trust, I think we might need the trust more than ever in the next few years.

Originally Posted By: jc

We need people like you on there JC. If you want I'll even pay your membership fee.

Originally Posted By: Slartibartfast

Whoops, The idea of someone in Australia setting his alarm clock for 2:00 am to listen to Lord Chas and getting excited over the Fleet really appeals to me JC.
I love the thought that there are people all round the world that care about how we get on

Agreed and I remind JC of this at every match.

I don't set the alarm..actually watch the midnight Premier League game as a curtain raiser to the Fleet match. Listening to Lord Chas doesn't really excite me and technical hitches make it impossible on some occasions anyway.Looking forward to the video coverage although its delay means I'm watching it at 11am on Monday morning(more likely around 7pm that night) which would impact on the time available for my team selections for a Tuesday game.

Yeah...you read it right...my team selections.

Having never been conservative by nature (and with a touch of undiagnosed ADD) I've always welcomed innovation. Members(NB...not owners)picking the team appeals to me on a number of levels.

I've posted my thoughts on team selection on the MYFC Forum and they were received with a mixture of apathy(99%) and contempt(1%)....as I feel are the majority of my posts on this Forum(sour grapes from not making Harry's most irritating posters list...this one should get me there!).

Picking the team shouldn't be that difficult if LD sets his preferred formation based on available players and the strengths/weaknesses of the opposition.
LD, using the selector dropdowns, lists, in his order of preference, given the priority of the match, player availability, skills, and overall squad development, the players he feels would best suit each position for the approaching match.

Knowing his starting formation ahead of time will allow him to train his players appropriately. As a good manager he would already be training alternative players for each position to minimise the impact of match injuries, dismissals or tactical changes.

A lot(80-90% IMO) of people would opt for his first choice and I'm pretty sure that would be the team each week but it does give me the opportunity via the raw vote and an accompanying thread to voice my opinion and ideas. No different to what you blokes do pre and post match now.

I read a lot of posts where people are aghast at the whole idea of picking the team. I can see why you might not want to when a team is on a winning run but I'm not so sure they would be so accommodating in a team facing a series of losses.They would then be calling for a new manager. Who picks him? The Board...but they picked the recently sacked one...their last poor selection should disqualify them from picking the next one. And so on.
Look at the bottom of every league in Britain...their manager picked the team.

Originally Posted By: David Holden
Look at the bottom top of every league in Britain...their manager picked the team.

Yep, too true DH,

Let that be a lesson to Avram...I'm not a Chelski fan.

However, is always lovely to hear from a Crim Aussie. Cheers Wagga for your thoughts. bootyshake

Huwiet..Hang on for just another sec,the issue we was talking about was if MyFC members wants to pick the team.

That Slarti has been Fleet lifelong doesn´t in that context means that he has any greater knowledge about what MyFC members wants to do.

The longer one has been a MyFC member,the better assumptions one should be able to make about what MyFC members wants to do.

That´s it,and if looking through the threads at MyFC forum regarding picking the team..it is my firm belief that a clear majority do want to pick the team.

I´ve been reading those threads since bloody August.

Nothing has changed in a signinficant way IMHO.

They signed up to the slogan..Own the club,pick the team.

Why should a majority suddenly have changed the will to do that?

Pick the team part was and still is one of the major drawing factors for MyFC to bring members in.

IF suddenly MyFC would change and say..members are not allowed to pick the team..there would be mayhem on the forum,and MyFC would just be a one year thing.

MyFC simply wouldn´t survive going back on the promise that members will pick the team,and EUFC would have to find themselves another owner next season.

Only way that members will not pick the team are if it has been properly tested..and has proved to be a failure.

Then and only then can there be change regarding this without MyFC putting themselves in an impossible situation..and in it´s prolonging also putting EUFC in a tough situation.

Members picking the team will happen.It has to.

Originally Posted By: waggamick
Originally Posted By: David Holden
Look at the bottom top of every league in Britain...their manager picked the team.

Yeah, true...I left myself open for that one.

And Huweit, when I get out I'm comin' to get you...so better have a beer ready.

I will have a crate ready, Wagga..

In seriousness, I admire your level of interest in Fleet matters.

Good on ya!

Up THe Fleet!!

Originally Posted By: Uncle Urchin
Originally Posted By: rsheard
Exactly... which is why I WILL be voting to pick the team, but will be voting for Liam's selections. It IS important that we all vote, ESPECIALLY if we want Liam to get his side.

great rhetoric richie but can you tell me please how you can pick the team as well as liam ...?

thanx.... grin
Quite simple, Auntie. I vote for whatever selections Liam suggests. Do keep up.

I hope your dislike of the new owners doesn't stop your support of the club or your work with the trust, I think we might need the trust more than ever in the next few years.

If this is aimed at me as well, I thought I'd better reply. I'd like to say that, while I do have numerous problems with the new owners (both individuals and the concept as a whole), this will not stop me attending games. Indeed, I (like Jeff has said before of himself) have felt my love for EUFC bolstered by the recent 'MYFC Bollox', to coin a phrase. Only last week I traveled back from Egham for the Burton replay, having also gone up for the away game alone, and found myself forced to stay in Gravesend and travel back at stupid o'clock for a morning seminar. This is something I may well not have done last year (albeit that it was a great chance to see us reach the Trophy semis for the first time).

As was said by my brother after Tuesday's match, it was very easy to forget the whole MYFC situation. The attendance was measly (typical of recent seasons), the game saw us almost shooting ourselves in the foot (just as we did against Bishops Stortford at the same stage a couple of years back), and we were able to stand at the Swanscombe end, like back in the old days. Such games are truly enjoyable and one can easily separate the 'virtual club' from the real club. I feel no lust to give £35 to the club, via MYFC, since I have little interest in the venture itself, aside from the money we will gain from it. To me, the heart of the club, despite the name-change, the takeover and various interfering parties, still remains and I will continue to support EUFC, and with it the Fleet Trust, as a result.

Originally Posted By: Bernard

If this is aimed at me as well, I thought I'd better reply. I'd like to say that, while I do have numerous problems with the new owners (both individuals and the concept as a whole), this will not stop me attending games. Indeed, I (like Jeff has said before of himself) have felt my love for EUFC bolstered by the recent 'MYFC Bollox', to coin a phrase. Only last week I traveled back from Egham for the Burton replay, having also gone up for the away game alone, and found myself forced to stay in Gravesend and travel back at stupid o'clock for a morning seminar. This is something I may well not have done last year (albeit that it was a great chance to see us reach the Trophy semis for the first time).

As was said by my brother after Tuesday's match, it was very easy to forget the whole MYFC situation. The attendance was measly (typical of recent seasons), the game saw us almost shooting ourselves in the foot (just as we did against Bishops Stortford at the same stage a couple of years back), and we were able to stand at the Swanscombe end, like back in the old days. Such games are truly enjoyable and one can easily separate the 'virtual club' from the real club. I feel no lust to give £35 to the club, via MYFC, since I have little interest in the venture itself, aside from the money we will gain from it. To me, the heart of the club, despite the name-change, the takeover and various interfering parties, still remains and I will continue to support EUFC, and with it the Fleet Trust, as a result.

Cannot disagree with most of that Bernard, with my own exception that I don't dislike the "Own a Club" concept, persay, just the extra bit of "pick the team".
The new income stream is just awesome - without I would question whether the club could have continued in it's old form whilst losing £27,000 per month and a seeming inability to resolve the lack of supporters problem.
Money worries (at least for this season) have been eradicated, debts paid off, new contracts are being signed and things have rarely looked rosier on the pitch.
If MyFC CAN resolve the "Let Liam pick the team" issue, then I would come on board - until then, as both you and JC have said, it just doesn't seem the right thing to do.

Originally Posted By: Emily

But the whole ethos of MyFC is that they pick the team

This is not the whole ethos at all. The whole ethos is for the club to be run by many people using democratic accountability rather than by a board of a few. It removes the risk of a club being reliant on a small number of relatively wealthy individuals who may not be able to bankroll the club for ever, and spreads the cost of dong so widely.

I am still genuinely surprised that all local Ebbsfleet fans don't join MYFC. A lot have and some of them have become some of the best contributors.

Pick the team has been blown out of all proportion in terms of its importance to what MYFC is about and I predict it will play a pretty insignificant role in future MYFC dealings.

C.G.

Everyone should make their own mind up on whether they join or not but for someone like yourself who can't get to all the matches it has to be worth seriously considering for the match coverage alone.

I am as aghast at the idea of MyFC members picking the team as you are, though not as aghast as I would be if you where picking it obviously, but they really aren't all idiots.

We have yet to see the impact of picking the team, some of them think they already are picking the team...I suspect most of us won't notice the difference when it becomes a reality.

If you did join C.G. you would love their forum. grin

Originally Posted By: Chatham Gary

The new income stream is just awesome - without I would question whether the club could have continued in it's old form whilst losing £27,000 per month and a seeming inability to resolve the lack of supporters problem.

it is of course still losing 27k per month gary which if I recall is against the provident societies rules....

no matter....we'll ignore that one shall we... laugh