Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Profit, surely not...

Last night was our annual shareholders meeting, and yes, our latest set of accounts show a profit.

This will of course be a shock for some Essex folk and it has caused reverberations in the city. grin

There was even a rush to buy shares before the meeting, with a number of shrewed new investors looking to ad stock of BTFC Ltd to their existing portfolio's.

Talking of friends in the north..

BC, there's north of 'ricay and then there's NORTH snow of 'ricay grin

Originally Posted By: Iron Webbo
Billericay make a profit, Braintree make a profit, I wonder if any other local clubs are doing the same?

don't talk bollox webbo...very few NL clubs make a profit and certainly you and ricay aint amongst them....unless of course your subsidies are written off to sponsorship...even then the cash gets hidden....

devil

Agreed Gazza. I also have a set of audited accounts in my briefcase which indicates a profit. From Cressing Road, not your good selves, of course!.

It would seem that operating within one's means is the way forward.

Well done to everyone at New Lodge ... now if you could just finish in the top five ...

Originally Posted By: finisterre
With the profit being as large as it was - should we not be looking to buy a nearby local club to act as our feeder club?

Or is that against league rules?

With Romford coming, I don't think their Council would allow another team to play on the Bridge pitch Fin.

Originally Posted By: Uncle Urchin
Billericay make a profit, Braintree make a profit, I wonder if any other local clubs are doing the same?

don't talk bollox webbo...very few NL clubs make a profit and certainly you and ricay aint amongst them....unless of course your subsidies are written off to sponsorship...even then the cash gets hidden....

devil

Alas,It is only a few, but then again not all clubs are as well run as ours. Errm, we certainly did make a profit.

Written off subsidies and hidden cash is something that you are probably familiar with, and that might be the way things are done at your club, but our accounts were, and always are, independently audited by certified accountants, sorry to p1ss on your parade unc, but, we did make a profit.

Originally Posted By: The Town Crier
Originally Posted By: Uncle Urchin

devil

Alas,It is only a few, but then again not all clubs are as well run as ours. Errm, we certainly did make a profit.

Written off subsidies and hidden cash is something that you are probably familiar with, and that might be the way things are done at your club, but our accounts were, and always are, independently audited by certified accountants, sorry to p1ss on your parade unc, but, we did make a profit.

If you say you made a profit, then that's OK by me TC. Very well done. However, as a qualified accountant myself, I would dearly love to have sight of your accounts in order to establish which elements of "creative accounting" are present.

Ah ha... Not the usual suspect that would consider doubting but right colour...I.m sure that you (and your fellow supporters) would love us to pass on a copy to someone who wore the Claret and I'm sure they would find their way to your forum...I fully expect the "twat" that posted the last "Billericay Town is bankrupt" post on the Slop Box to mice his way around them...So, I would say "Fat Chance"...

BC, I spend all my time credit rating companies at work and reading their final report and accounts and analyising them from time to time. I can assure all those that wish to cast doubt on the clubs accounts, that they are above board and we have indeed made a profit...all be it a small one.

I thank you...