Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Profit, surely not...

For goodness sake Gazza and TC, I'm not trying to undermine your accounts, and certainly will NOT be going the Companies House route to obtain copies thereof.

Just interested, that's all - I think that ANY football club turning in a profit these days is a massive achievement, and would be interested to know the secret (yes, I realise it's because of your superb administation, and operating within your means, but I'm sure OTHER clubs are doing the same, but not achieving the same positive results).

Balmoral, I suspect it was your phrase...

Quote:
I would dearly love to have sight of your accounts in order to establish which elements of "creative accounting" are present.

..that is objectionable. It contains a presumption of guilt. Now, if you'd said...

Quote:
I would dearly love to have sight of your accounts in order to see how you do it.

..it may not have recieved the same reaction. Words can be so important, especially in the absence of body language.

Originally Posted By: Rick the Dick
Balmoral, I suspect it was your phrase...

Quote:
I would dearly love to have sight of your accounts in order to establish which elements of "creative accounting" are present.

..that is objectionable. It contains a presumption of guilt. Now, if you'd said...

Quote:
I would dearly love to have sight of your accounts in order to see how you do it.

..it may not have recieved the same reaction. Words can be so important, especially in the absence of body language.

Thanks for the advice Rick. However, the term "creative accounting" has no sinister implications at all within the accounting profession. Indeed, it is a term applied to the clever use of PERMISSABLE and LEGAL accounting procedures in order to optimise an organisations results. However, it remains extremely difficult to use the procedures to turn losses into profits, so I will REPEAT the fact that Ricay's result is a superb achievement in the context of non league football.

Originally Posted By: GazzaBTFC
I was a bit disapointed by Unc's comments...

Let's put it down to a particularly good Crianza. druff

Originally Posted By: Balmoral Claret
However, the term "creative accounting" has no sinister implications at all within the accounting profession.

Of course not. But to those not within that profession, which I guess are a large proportion of those who read this MB, it may give the impression that you were suggesting that all is not what it seems.

Anyway, 'tis done now, & corrected. Ordered yout T-Shirt yet wink

Originally Posted By: Rick the Dick
Originally Posted By: Balmoral Claret
However, the term "creative accounting" has no sinister implications at all within the accounting profession.

Of course not. But to those not within that profession, which I guess are a large proportion of those who read this MB, it may give the impression that you were suggesting that all is not what it seems.

Anyway, 'tis done now, & corrected. Ordered yout T-Shirt yet wink

Ordered my T-Shirt? Certainly not - I'm a realist Rick, and have been supporting the Clarets long enough to know that it's not all over until the fat man (sic) sings.
Ask me again in a month's time.

Originally Posted By: The Town Crier
Originally Posted By: Uncle Urchin
Originally Posted By: Iron Webbo
Billericay make a profit, Braintree make a profit, I wonder if any other local clubs are doing the same?

don't talk bollox webbo...very few NL clubs make a profit and certainly you and ricay aint amongst them....unless of course your subsidies are written off to sponsorship...even then the cash gets hidden....

devil

Alas,It is only a few, but then again not all clubs are as well run as ours. Errm, we certainly did make a profit.

Written off subsidies and hidden cash is something that you are probably familiar with, and that might be the way things are done at your club, but our accounts were, and always are, independently audited by certified accountants, sorry to p1ss on your parade unc, but, we did make a profit.

you are not pi55ing on my parade TC at all and as you very well know I have no interest in undermining your club...I just prefer to tell it as it is and you and I know (and so does webbo) that no non league club at our level with our average gates and our player budgets makes a profit...you can wrap it up all you like but perleeeese...leave the insults out of it when you and I both know full well that I am right... laugh

unc, forgive me if I have this wrong, but I was speaking to bloke in the pub, and he said that that Arsenal play in a stadium called Emirates and they pay the Arsenal to use their name.

The other thing is, I always thought that that the big circle on their( Arsenal's) shirt was a sort of logo that represented a target for the cannon, but bloke in the pub said no, they ( the Arsenal) actually get paid for showing it, advertising and sponsorship he called it.

Obviously bloke in the pub has it wrong, and doesn't have your accounting skills.

What he should have said was...although the Arsenal declare advertising and sponsorship, they are in fact talking "bollox"

If I have insulted. which I don't think I have, but just in case, I apologise

This was a message on our (Billericay) forum, to our fans, why would you want to comment anyway.

((n@CCFC)/38)-((n@BTFC)/38)=?

Care to hazzard a guess, Pierre?