Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Profit, surely not...

Originally Posted By: The Town Crier
unc, forgive me if I have this wrong, but I was speaking to bloke in the pub, and he said that that Arsenal play in a stadium called Emirates and they pay the Arsenal to use their name.
The other thing is, I always thought that that the big circle on their( Arsenal's) shirt was a sort of logo that represented a target for the cannon, but bloke in the pub said no, they ( the Arsenal) actually get paid for showing it, advertising and sponsorship he called it.

Obviously bloke in the pub has it wrong, and doesn't have your accounting skills.
What he should have said was...although the Arsenal declare advertising and sponsorship, they are in fact talking "bollox"

If I have insulted. which I don't think I have, but just in case, I apologise

This was a message on our (Billericay) forum, to our fans, why would you want to comment anyway.

I actually responded to webbos commments if you go back and read the thread and using your logic why should he comment then...?

although it appeared okay that he did....

as for your profits declared...I have no gripe at all with that if you want to spin it to your fans but the comments were clearly patronsing and derogatory towards other essex clubs...which is why I responded....

profit is spare cash generated and can be spent...subsidies from shareholders and cronies packaged into sponsorship cannot....in fact this is just an extension of another thread on here and also instigated by you and webbo about what represented income and what represented shareholder support...

however you and others wish to package it.. what you put into the club as chairmen/shareholders is not commercial sponsorship or profit...its a subsidy....

oh and this may be a surprise to you all but players talk to each other quite a lot... grin

UU, I took T.C.'s initial comments..

Quote:
This will of course be a shock for some Essex folk and it has caused reverberations in the city.

..to be poking a bit of fun at people who make postings like this...

http://chelmsfordcitysoapbox84887.yuku.com/topic/1028

..and not intended as anything more sinister. Was I wrong?

Unsuprisingly, you seem to have missed the point, LF. No matter; it wasn't aimed at you.

Sweet dreams.

Of course players talk, we all know that, but what does that have to do with shareholders accounts?

Iron webbo's comment was not challenging my posting, I read it as if he just making a comparison between his club and Billericay, but as I have not seen Braintree's accounts, I can't comment either way.

You have no problem with...but if 'I' post on 'OUR' forum, to 'OUR' fans, 'you' find it derogatory.

My posting wasn't meant to be either patronising, or, derogatory, If i did offened anyone, then please accept my apologies.

If, as you claim, your reply was to challenge Braintree's accounting policy only, then I will assume you accept our (billericay) profits are both legitimate and true?

And the Spurs shirt sponsorship/package by Mansion, is this just a subsidy, and not legitimate income?

Originally Posted By: Rick the Dick
UU, I took T.C.'s initial comments..

Quote:
This will of course be a shock for some Essex folk and it has caused reverberations in the city.

..to be poking a bit of fun at people who make postings like this...

http://chelmsfordcitysoapbox84887.yuku.com/topic/1028

..and not intended as anything more sinister. Was I wrong?

Of course it was a bit of fun, hence the smiley grin

Originally Posted By: The Town Crier

Of course players talk, we all know that, but what does that have to do with shareholders accounts?

Iron webbo's comment was not challenging my posting, I read it as if he just making a comparison between his club and Billericay, but as I have not seen Braintree's accounts, I can't comment either way.

You have no problem with...but if 'I' post on 'OUR' forum, to 'OUR' fans, 'you' find it derogatory.
My posting wasn't meant to be either patronising, or, derogatory, If i did offened anyone, then please accept my apologies.

If, as you claim, your reply was to challenge Braintree's accounting policy only, then I will assume you accept our (billericay) profits are both legitimate and true?

And the Spurs shirt sponsorship/package by Mansion, is this just a subsidy, and not legitimate income?

Mansion are not the owners, but sponsors,so thats income.. where as you are the sponsor and owner...so its a subsidy is it not...surely?? blush

Originally Posted By: Localfan
TC, I was presuming you were owner and main sponsor, from another conversation....if not...my mistake, wrong info.....

Just didn't see the reason for giving good news but tainting it with a dig at City......?

No dig inteneded LF:

Just a bit of lighthearted football banter I thought? sorry if I offended.

So, I wake up, shower and then fire up the PC to read this illuminating thread...

Why is it when WE post news, with a bit of light hearted aside, some c*ck has to come on and make some snide comment.

And it's the usual subjects as well!!! Loco Fan, Peter Foster and surprisingly Balmoral Claret...I'll include UU as well for the follwoing reason, aplied to all.

I have witnessed insulting posts made by all the abovementioned people and they use the form as "banter"...not one of them has made any apology (that I remember) BUT make some comment about hey, it's only banter...

So then there is a little a little amusing aside, a bit of light hearted comment in the original post and...

Dear me...and I thought all of you hade thicker skins than that...

Well, I expected nothing less of the lot of you.

Well said Gazza.

When you look back at all that crap that was posted about 'ricay when Dave Wareham moved on, it's unbelievable how thin skinned they are when the boot's on the other foot: "they don't like it up 'em Mr Mainwaring".

the problem with these type of threads is that they are made without thought...I do believe that webbo's post in reply to TC's on the subject matter was condescending and uncalled for when in fact everyone in football knows that in reality most clubs at 2/3 (afcw and maybe 2/3 more apart) lose money per se...yes they can use subsidies dressed up as sponsorship from their own and associated companies to prop up the p&l account but it does of course bring us back to the original argument at xmas....

what represents self suffiency and true profit... ?

I know from experience that the wages of competing ryman football clubs (and beyond) with gates averaging around 500 and the respective bar/catering incomes and also outside sponsorship from shirts and boards cannot sustain the clubs...it is just not possible...owners and shareholdes therefore plough money into these clubs to reduce the deficit and there are of course..as PF and BC will understand...various ways of dealing with it in the accounts....all legal of course and I am not suggesting otherwise...

if any money comes from directors or shareholders and is placed into income thereby creating profit then it is my opinion that this is a subsidy from controlling interests and creates non sustainable non liquid profits on paper...thats fine and legal and I have no problem with that but I do have a problem with gloating and hypocricy...which is why I responded initially to webbos post and now to others......what may be one clubs preferred modus operandi in dealing with accounts matters does not have to be the same at other clubs and so long as all the transactions are within the guidelines I cannot see why some should attempt to take the moral high ground....it is quite clear that many clubs at our levels have done very well in recent years and it is also quite obvious from their published accounts that that success has been funded by individuals...

I am intrigued also by the clever accountancy used by afcw with season tickets and of course after a little thought it crossed my mind that all sponsors of hx next season should be given season tickets at par for their donations....so we take 10k off a sponsor and give them 100 season tickets at a face value of 100 quid each...we therefore start off every home game with an extra 100 fans regardless of if they are present or not....

as with directors subsidies...all legal..all above board but at the same time creating less than factual data...creative accountancy as BC says is a much used tool in the world of the abacus...

as for announcing things to club fans...AGM's are the best place for accounts to be discussed..not public forums...IMO...

oh and gazza...don't be too disappointed in me..I have an opinion and have passed it...just because you do not agree with it doesn't make it wrong..of course the old chestnut of oh its only banter always comes out of the woodwork once the baying mob get into the threads.... laugh

apologies for any offence caused...non intended and I shall leave you all to it.. smile

"Agreed Gazza. I also have a set of audited accounts in my briefcase which indicates a profit. From Cressing Road, not your good selves, of course!."

Kindly provide for me the name of the accountancy firm which audits (a s opposed to prepares) the Braintree accounts, please, Iron Webbo....

Originally Posted By: GazzaBTFC
So, I wake up, shower and then fire up the PC to read this illuminating thread...

Why is it when WE post news, with a bit of light hearted aside, some c*ck has to come on and make some snide comment.

And it's the usual subjects as well!!! Loco Fan, Peter Foster and surprisingly Balmoral Claret...I'll include UU as well for the follwoing reason, aplied to all.

I have witnessed insulting posts made by all the abovementioned people and they use the form as "banter"...not one of them has made any apology (that I remember) BUT make some comment about hey, it's only banter...

So then there is a little a little amusing aside, a bit of light hearted comment in the original post and...

Dear me...and I thought all of you hade thicker skins than that...

Well, I expected nothing less of the lot of you.

Aren't you precious all of a sudden, Gazza. Has anyone managed to look up for me the total indicated in the Billericay Town FC for players' wages, yet, please....