Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Board Vote

Dear Slart,

So you want to imitate the great Will Brooks and ban me as well, do you ? You don't have Ulster Unionist blood in you perchance ? wink

Look, this is not about a measly 35 quid. It's about the PRINCIPLE of taking a member of the public's money and then depriving them of the benefits of membership/ownership of a regulated Society, viz. right to vote in elections, pick the team, contribute to discussions and debates on the Society's forums etc. This has been unilaterally and without forewarning done by ONE PERSON, Will Brooks, behaving autocratically as if he personally and exclusively owns MyFC Ltd.

In my exchange of emails with Mr Brooks at the start of this week (after he had banned me without warning), I gave him until this morning's (Fri.) post to refund my fee to me by cheque to my home address (provided to him). If I do not receive it, I will arrange to have the cash collected personally and with attendant publicity.

As for donations to the Trust, I've already made a contribution to EUFC, as well as to a number of other so-called "crisis" clubs. My record over many years in financially supporting NL football clubs who've sought my help (e.g. kit sponsorship of Marine AFC of the Unibond League) is available if you wish me to email it to you.

Kind regards,

Nigel

Morning, Nigel,

Just out of interest, (and I am beginning to dislike Mr Brooks, in spite of the benefits MYFC are bringing) are the exchange of e-mails between yourselves too confidential or controversial (or libellous) to cut and paste on here.

If, as you say, an injustice has been done, perhaps airing his views might sting Mr B into a defensive rearguard aaction, and get you reinstated.

Gary, I fully intended publishing them (and still might in a legal scenario), but Mr Brooks has already threatened me with libel proceedings for the posts I've made here and now refuses to engage in any correspondence with me while still maintaining that I remain still a member of MyFC/owner of EUFC. Basically, he does not like being challenged or questioned. He even whinged that I only gave one of his Articles on the website 1 'star' and demanded that I justify that. Where does it say in any of the Rules that we have to justify our ratings of Articles ? It seems Will only wants sycophants and yesmen around him.

Now if anyone can explain for me what are the OTHER benefits of membership of MyFC/ownership of EUFC other than the ones Mr Brooks has deprived me of, viz voting in elections, voting on on-field and off-field matters in relation to the Club and Society, discussing relevant issues with fellow owner-members on the MyFC website, availing of the tv and similar facilities thereon, accessing the shopping mall etc. etc. etc., I would be delighted to hear exactly what these are, and be content that I'm getting my money's worth.

But you tell me what other membership of any 'club' or 'society' takes your money and gives you nothing back for it and prevents you from participating. That's a scam.

Additional :

Ah dammit, here's a 'taster' then ...

========================================

Message Received: Mar 10 2008, 01:56 PM

To: ncooke111@xxxx

Cc:

Subject: Re: also...

Nigel

Answers in-line....

On 10 Mar 2008, at 13:44, Nigel Cooke wrote:

"Will,

I am somewhat surprised to be contacted on my private email address rather than by a pm to my In Box on MyFC as per Forum Rules section."

It is easier and quicker to email privately. The WT can do this.

"You obviously have taken no account of the posts where I defended you and the Forum Team against attacks from others; ask Arithon for example."

If this is the case, there seems to be an equal amount of 'stirring', like yesterday. On a totally unrelated thread, the insinuation that we need independent arbiters 'otherwise there will be trouble'. I'm sorry, but it was just stirring. You didn't take up my suggestion that you organise it did you?

"Incidentally, have you now blocked my membership without any sort of notification as per your own Rules ? "

No, you are still a member. But you have been blocked from the site. ... And you still haven't explained why you marked a perfectly reasonable good news article with one star.

My "motivation" is/was to ensure that the MYTH of 'Own the Club, Pick the Team' was at least partially uheld in terms of democratic accountability and transparency.

I have asked for my money back and said I'll go away if I get it. Will Brooks has REFUSED to refund my membership fee and still maintains I must remain a member without enjoying membership benefits. THAT IS ILLEGAL under FSA legislation and regulations.

I gave Mr Brooks until this morning's post to refund my money. The post has now come and he hasn't done so. Accordingly, we now move on to DIRECT ACTION to recover the cash. smile

Sad News, my friends - I have to leave you now.

No, no, don't cry for me Argentina or try to hold me back. I must arise and go now and go to Inish ... er, no, London actually.

"Why, Nigey ?" cry the sobbing hordes. "Why are you deserting us ?"

Well, I hadn't intended going to London this weekend or calling into Aldershot or any of that BUT our beloved leader William Brooks has forced my hand. He has again just now refused (by email) to refund my £35 and cancel my MyFC membership. Accordingly, we now move into the Direct Action phase of the campaign to retrieve it.

"We, Nigel ?"

Oh yes. The fun is just beginning. You don't think I've just sat here on my tod all week and not prepared for this eventuality, do you ?

"What are you going to do then ?"

Ah now, you don't seriously expect me to 'reveal my hand' in advance. But this is the sort of thing that MAY happen ...

I have a business colleague who runs an agency which provides models and gimmicks and the like for various scenarios and events. We've cooperated previously on campaigns. Now he MAY be now preparing some young ladies to dress up in rather fetching Dick Turpin outfits, complete with masks and toy pistols, carrying placards with "Stand and Deliver, Will" to follow Mr Brooks about until he coughs up my dosh. Oh, and of course, media photographers MAY just be in attendance (they love pretty girls dressed up, don't they?) to record the fun.

But I'll keep my main powder dry for now. Don't want to spoil things or 'alert the enemy'.

Aye, a wee jaunt down to London for the craic and a chat with Ken and Boris at the Paddy's Day parade on Sunday. Life isn't all bad, is it ? smile

My First post after a while of lurking:

MyFc Trust Board results (6400 odd votes)

Jessica McQueen ('Jessica') votes: 1912

Paul Charnock ('Arithon') votes: 1821

Mark Neilson ('DA11') votes: 1797

Brian William Austin ('Brian A') votes: 1706

Chris Pilkinton ('Chris P') votes: 1268

Spencer Dolman ('chelseaspencer') votes: 1232

Stephen Sullivan ('Asbodan')votes: 1223