Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Board Vote

6 out of the 7 live in Kent I think. The other is 130 miles away in Leicester. Will be handy for meetings, that's for sure.

From MyFCs point of view, I do think there should have been an "international" elected but basically the board is now composed of local fans, plus Paul who seems a pretty decent sort.

It's all kicking off on the MyFC message boards about how most of the people elected couldn't give a stuff about MyFC (one has only ever posted once on the MyFC boards, most of the rest have only made a handful of posts). Six of the seven joined after G&N was named as the takeover club, which means they are effectively Ebbsfleet rather than MyFC people. What seems to have happened is everyone who voted thought there should be one or two local to Stonebridge people on the board so picked one or two. Given there was only about ten local people to choose from out of over 100 candidates, this skewiffed the election hugely in their favour. Mind you it could have been worse. Sarah-Jane was 8th.

MyFc Trust Board results (6400 odd votes)

Jessica McQueen ('Jessica') votes: 1912

Paul Charnock ('Arithon') votes: 1821

Mark Neilson ('DA11') votes: 1797

Brian William Austin ('Brian A') votes: 1706

Chris Pilkinton ('Chris P') votes: 1268

Spencer Dolman ('chelseaspencer') votes: 1232

Stephen Sullivan ('Asbodan')votes: 1223

hmmmm...not too bad at all really and much more sensible than I expected...well done all...

Originally Posted By: clowntown
It's all kicking off on the MyFC message boards about how most of the people elected couldn't give a stuff about MyFC (one has only ever posted once on the MyFC boards, most of the rest have only made a handful of posts). Six of the seven joined after G&N was named as the takeover club, which means they are effectively Ebbsfleet rather than MyFC people. What seems to have happened is everyone who voted thought there should be one or two local to Stonebridge people on the board so picked one or two. Given there was only about ten local people to choose from out of over 100 candidates, this skewiffed the election hugely in their favour. Mind you it could have been worse. Sarah-Jane was 8th.

What's all this MyFC & EUFC then ? Are we not all one big happy family ? ( apart from you Clowners, but then you already support a Kent Club ...as per the Geography of the news team for Kent & Sussex !)

Why should Fleet fans have signed up pre the announcement ? I for one had never heard of MyFC prior thereto......you can't join something that you have never heard of can you ?

Why is it kicking off on the MyFC forum ? 29,000 members & only a few vote....maybe they are the few who care ?

It's just like the people who don't vote in a General Election & then moan about the Government !!

Anyway.....not that you give a sh*t.......let the pre match drinking continue !!

Regards,

beer2 beer2 beer2

Originally Posted By: Uncle Urchin
Originally Posted By: Jeff
It's great isn't it?

Football is being given back to the real fans.

possibly jeff but I would suggest awaiting the reality of their powers before jumping to that conclusion..

I hear Jessica can seduce men at a thousand yards... and Arithon can summon a swarm of Seagulls which his convoluted whistling.

Between them, they can achieve anything - Global peace,even an end to pollution.

Thanks be that they have concentrated their might on to the Fleet.

Well that really is [****!!****] really isn't it. The vote was overwhelmingly in favour of the 7 selected. Their are very few critical posts. BTW What is you username on MyFC Mr Clownpants?

It's all kicking off on the MyFC message boards

I wouldn't say it was kicking off at all. Just members giving there opinions. You make it sound that they are up in arms. If that is kicking off then I've seen rioting in here at times.

Originally Posted By: I_Hate_Hot_Air
Well that really is [****!!****] really isn't it. The vote was overwhelmingly in favour of the 7 selected. Their are very few critical posts. BTW What is you username on MyFC Mr Clownpants?

Why do you want my username? Are you going to tell on me to Will Brooks for daring to criticise his little vanity project?

It's all kicking off even more now as none of the six locals elected have even posted on the MyFC message board since the result was announced (not even to thank people for voting). People are already talking about no confidencing them and having a fresh election.

Why do you want my username? Are you going to tell on me to Will Brooks for daring to criticise his little vanity project?

Nope. Just would like to know if you are just as much of a tart on that forum as you are on this.

Originally Posted By: Uncle Urchin

MyFc Trust Board results (6400 odd votes)

Jessica McQueen ('Jessica') votes: 1912

Paul Charnock ('Arithon') votes: 1821

Mark Neilson ('DA11') votes: 1797

Brian William Austin ('Brian A') votes: 1706

Chris Pilkinton ('Chris P') votes: 1268

Spencer Dolman ('chelseaspencer') votes: 1232

Stephen Sullivan ('Asbodan')votes: 1223

hmmmm...not too bad at all really and much more sensible than I expected...well done all...

I think that the vote reflects that EUFC fans may be in an overall minority on MyFC but are by far the largest group and as such can have a far bigger say in determining what happens.

I don't know if its all kicking off on the MyFC site or not but I believe Clowntown is right in his analysis of how so many locals got elected. No doubt it will upset a few MyFCers but I believe this board gives the club a level of stability and continuity going forward and a voice for non-MyFC fans.

What of course remains to be seen is whether they wield any real influence or whether they become the foot-soldiers of the masses (being local), hopefully they will not become the puppets of a few.

Anyway, congrats to all elected and I hope they have an enjoyable and productive year.