Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Board Vote

Originally Posted By: Slartibartfast

I think that the vote reflects that EUFC fans may be in an overall minority on MyFC but are by far the largest group and as such can have a far bigger say in determining what happens.

Local representation is vital, and its a good result. I do keep saying that MYFC is a mechanism to be used to forward the club.

Just remember, if the MYFC board represents MYFC, then when people say MYFC this, MYFC that, you are now referring to respected locals in the main as they are now at the wheel of the myfc .

When seeing that 6 out of 7 are locals, it was 8 out of 10 also.

Harry had a near miss :-)

I think we could have a great board here as it can never be said that they dont have the wishes of the club in their hearts. I hope the communication between them and the forum is good in the future. This is not a criticism, but as somebody who spends far too much time on the forums, ask Jeff ! , I confess to having never heard of 1 of the new board members before the result.

Glad the whole thing is out of the way, get the voting mechanism through, and lets get some decisions made.

Then we can consentrate on the important thing, the Fleet.

Originally Posted By: Slartibartfast
I think that the vote reflects that EUFC fans may be in an overall minority on MyFC but are by far the largest group and as such can have a far bigger say in determining what happens.

I doubt there's more than a few hundred EUFC fans in MyFC (as I've mentioned, membership in Kent has risen from 253 to 1,000 since EUFC was named as the takeover club, but many of those will presumably be fans of other clubs who just happen to live near Ebbsfleet) which isn't enough to directly influence the vote.

What seems to have happened is most MyFC cult members who voted wanted a balance of people on the board, so will have voted for a couple of EUFC locals, a couple of overseas fans, etc. There were only nine people from Kent in an election field of 104 though (as compared to about thirty overseas folk), which meant those votes for locals were concentrated in a small group of people, ergo six of them getting elected.

Originally Posted By: clowntown

It's all kicking off even more now as none of the six locals elected have even posted on the MyFC message board since the result was announced (not even to thank people for voting). People are already talking about no confidencing them and having a fresh election.

Run along now...there's a good chap.

However, I will just say this:-

So, the ones that don't vote in the election don't like the result & therefore demand another election where, presumably, they will show more interest ?

I think even the EU wouldn't stand for that !!

Just write off your £35 expenditure & f*ck off !

Have a good weekend.

Cheers,

beer

Originally Posted By: Santa
but I believe Clowntown is right in his analysis of how so many locals got elected.

He's partially right - I expected the result that occurred. It was inevitable that most local MyFC members would vote en-block for local candidates. On top of this most MyFC members recognised the importance of having local representation on the Board and would have voted for one or more local candidates.

No doubt it will upset a few MyFCers but I believe this board gives the club a level of stability and continuity going forward and a voice for non-MyFC fans.
There are some MyFC members 'upset' by the result, but this is not because local supporters got elected but from what they see as the Board not reflecting the global nature of MyFC. The danger in this is that it could impact on membership renewals and that would not be in the club's interest anymore than in MyFC's interest. And I beleive the Board should address this issue.

Anyway, congrats to all elected and I hope they have an enjoyable and productive year.

Agreed

Originally Posted By: Hirsty

So, the ones that don't vote in the election don't like the result & therefore demand another election where, presumably, they will show more interest ?

The people complaining about the result are people who voted. Mostly it's overseas fans unhappy at having no non-UK representation. I am not criticising the results myself - I couldn't give a flying poo who is on the board - merely reporting the groundswell of anger on the MyFC message boards. Don't shoot the messenger!

"There are some MyFC members 'upset' by the result, but this is not because local supporters got elected but from what they see as the Board not reflecting the global nature of MyFC. The danger in this is that it could impact on membership renewals and that would not be in the club's interest anymore than in MyFC's interest. And I beleive the Board should address this issue."

So, why didn't more people vote, and vote for a "non original" Fleet person ? The choice was there.

Maybe:-

a) people trust the elected candidates as they care about the club ?

B) the majority can't be bothered to vote ( again) ?

You can't move the goalposts (ha !) just because you don't get the required result under the rules Brian !!

Let the pre match drinking continue !!

beer2

"There are some MyFC members 'upset' by the result, but this is not because local supporters got elected but from what they see as the Board not reflecting the global nature of MyFC. The danger in this is that it could impact on membership renewals and that would not be in the club's interest anymore than in MyFC's interest. And I beleive the Board should address this issue."

So, why didn't more people vote, and vote for a "non original" Fleet person ? The choice was there.

B) the majority can't be bothered to vote ( again) ?

You can't move the goalposts (ha !) just because you don't get the required result under the rules Brian !!

Let the pre match drinking continue !!

beer2

Careful Hirsty, not only can they move them ...........They can take(the pratice ones) home with them when they leave! eek

6,500 voters is a good turnout for an internet election. And I am not complaing about the result either - as I said - I expected it.

As i said earlier - people voted for local candidates as they felt it was important than there should be local representation on the Board. I believe that the fact that the membership of MyFC believe this to be positive should be acknowledged by the existing EUFC supporters as it reflects a desire to ensure that the clubs interets are put at the heart of the work of MyFC.

Of the approx 45,000 votes cast - 12,500 were divided between 9 local candidates - about two local candidates for every person that voted and giving an average vote of 1,300 for each of the 9 local candidates

The remaining 32,500 votes were divided between 95 candidates giving an average of 330 votes per candidate. It is easy to see why the result emerged as it did.

Name is Dominic - and I am not suggesting moving the goalposts - MyFC has a global following and there is some disappointment that this global following is not reflected in the composition of the Board. There is nothing wrong with this - it would be worse if every single member was jubilant about the result. I have expressed an opinion that there is a danger that it might cause some members not to renew their membership next year and this would have a negative impact on the club more than anything else. I am suggesting that the Board should consider this and, if they feel that the situation warrants it, should act to address it.

I concur with Yorkfox's post. The fact that the Board is filled with locals is a good thing for the club and for MyFC and I, as an original MyFCer, am glad to see that.

Could it have had an international flavor to it? Sure, but for the first go-around (or three), it may be in the greater interest to get the hard-core fans who have signed up to lead and get everything going in the right direction.

Congrats to everyone who was voted in. I voted for five of the seven and it is always nice to see those who you think can do the job right get in to do the job.

rvr

They can winge all the like on MYFC, we had loads of them on here telling us that voting to pick a team etc must be the way to go, fairest way, only way, voting cannot be wrong Blah Blah Blah. CANNOT BE FIXED (laugh)

when the vote does not go the way they expected, don't they bloody moan!!! Accept it MYFC job done

Originally Posted By: Alan ( GNFC )
Thank goodness the vote allowed the opportunity to vote for less than seven candidates.

That was my first concern. I was also glad as I found it difficult to find a 5th 6th and 7th person.

Now this done and dusted , I am off to get ready for prpbably the most important clash in our history

Brian

Originally Posted By: doheochai
Originally Posted By: Alan ( GNFC )
Fleet fans having a majority on the board.

No matter who was elected there all the members of the Board were going to be Fleet fans

A supporter yes a fan no. A fan goes to as many matches as he can every year on the board or NOT!!

Originally Posted By: doheochai

Name is Dominic - and I am not suggesting moving the goalposts - MyFC has a global following and there is some disappointment that this global following is not reflected in the composition of the Board. There is nothing wrong with this - it would be worse if every single member was jubilant about the result. I have expressed an opinion that there is a danger that it might cause some members not to renew their membership next year and this would have a negative impact on the club more than anything else. I am suggesting that the Board should consider this and, if they feel that the situation warrants it, should act to address it.

you really are a grade A numpty wanchai and that little rant just about justifies my suspicion of your motives all along...

now run along sonny....let the elected real football ones do their jobs...

Originally Posted By: BustaGut

A supporter yes a fan no. A fan goes to as many matches as he can every year on the board or NOT!!

Well EUFC is the only club I support - haven't been to a game yet but I am hoping to get to the Woking and Oxford league games and Wembley if we make it.

Would you regard me as a supporter or a fan?

Or maybe Josh - who lives in America and like me has supported EUFC since November. He's already been over three times to games.
Would you regard him as a supporter or a fan?

I am extremly unhappy with the result of the vote.

That said,I accept it of course.

That said again,I am fully free to critisise things thats need to be critisised IMO.

I am fairly sure you know candidates like Chris P and Brian A for example.

They haven´t made any effort at all taking part in the forum for MyFC they are now the representatives of.

If they continue to think they will get away with one post every other year or so,they have another thing coming for them from this direction.

I said it over on that forum.I say it over here as well..allthough I do know for a fact that not a single soul will agree with me.

I couldn´t care less to tell the truth.

One post Chris P better shape up something extraordinary.

I´ll be after him otherwise..day after day after..

I´ll promise.

Originally Posted By: Claudius
I am extremly unhappy with the result of the vote.
That said,I accept it of course.
That said again,I am fully free to critisise things thats need to be critisised IMO.
I am fairly sure you know candidates like Chris P and Brian A for example.
They haven´t made any effort at all taking part in the forum for MyFC they are now the representatives of.
If they continue to think they will get away with one post every other year or so,they have another thing coming for them from this direction.
I said it over on that forum.I say it over here as well..allthough I do know for a fact that not a single soul will agree with me.
I couldn´t care less to tell the truth.
One post Chris P better shape up something extraordinary.
I´ll be after him otherwise..day after day after..
I´ll promise.

and I shall be watching you and all the other self serving numpties that are tonight spitting blood because their precious democracy backfired on them...

couldn't make it all up culdya.... grin