Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Board Vote

Originally Posted By: Hirsty

Don't attack those that have been supporters for a long time.

who started the attack? - and my comments were made with tonuge firmly in cheek grin

They have probably spent more money watching the club over 40 years than the cost of organising a couple of coaches matey !!

I'm sure they have - but does that give one individual the right to decide who is and who is not a fan?

You are not the Messiah you know !

Couldn't possibly be - I'm an athiest.

Glad to see that several I voted for got on the board, congrats all round!!

Can see the point that it's a shame that no non-uk member got elected as MyFC was supposed to be a global phenomenon, but then again if only 6k odd of the 29k members can be bothered to vote, that's what will happen.

Another below 10k vote, bit of a worry, and think I read Arithon say someone that perhaps inactive members should be emailed. Think that really should be a top priority as the whole idea is to get involved online whether by means of the forum or by voting etc, and if only 1k odd post on the forums, and under 10k vote for things, and as only 1992 have renewed beyond the first year, IMO it doesn't look too rosy.

Anyway that's my bit out of the way, back to the Guinness and hopefully we'll do the Shots in a timely fashion tomorrow afternoon, and begin our March to the Arch!!

Originally Posted By: PatMan
Maybe if more than 20% of the MyFC sheeple had bothered to vote - then you might have had a different result?

increase turnout wouldn't have made any difference to the end result. The memebrs of MyFc want to have local representation on the board and the 95-9 split between non-local and local candidates inevitably meant that most of the positions would be filled by them. The one thing I am surprised at is that Arithon won a seat instead of tfelgar.

The "wisdom of the masses" have spoken - the whole idea that hundreds or thousands of people will come to the correct decision was the main idea behind the MyFC thinking. And now that they HAVE decided, some of the unhappy ones think they are wrong - kinda contradicts the entire strategy really.

No Pat - some of them recognise the fact that by wanting local fans on the Board and voting to ensure it would happen - they inadvertently created a situation where most of the seats went to locals. It would be a shame if the opposite happened at the next election. I fully accept the result and support the 7 people elected. I expect them to do a very good job. But often things can be about perception and it would be a shame if MyFC lost members because of a perception that the Board was not a balanced reflection of the entire MyFC membership.

Being a fan is not about buying shirts, trying to rival the Lottery, or thinking they can be the new Kings Ferry -

Never claimed it was - remember Busta was the first one to start going on about money.
its about turning up, week after week after week. Putting up with nights like Tuesday, knowing there are days like Saturday. Its why most people support a local team, so they CAN watch.

And I listen to all the games with Chas - watch them when they go online and will get to games when I can.

And those who choose to support a distant team - tough. Its your own choice, the Cockney Reds, the Dublin Bhoys - they shell out money to watch their team - and dont bleat about the cost. its an expense that you choose - live with it.
Absolutely - merely pointing out the fact that the cost for one game for me is more than a season ticket for Busta. And I'm sure he has complained about the cost of season tickets in the past - he complains about everything else so it is a logical assumption.

Lord Wah Wah said: Absolutely - merely pointing out the fact that the cost for one game for me is more than a season ticket for Busta. And I'm sure he has complained about the cost of season tickets in the past - he complains about everything else so it is a logical assumption.

The point you continually ignore is, Bustas money is spent to help the Fleet, yours isn't! tongue

Originally Posted By: doheochai
Been nice chatting guys - but I gotta go - off to Spain for a little R&R in the morning - and have tickets for the 2nd leg of the Spanish cup final between Valencia and Barcelona (85,000 mad Spaniards - can't wait). See you all when I get back.

take your time son.....NL football can do without self serving egotists....

oh and make sure you leave your mobile on so comrade wills can contact you for advice.... grin

Good result in my opinion.

Congratulations to all those elected...commiserations to those that missed out.

Results reflect the global nature of MYFC in that the last time I looked Kent was on the globe.

Parochialism is for those that haven't quite worked out that given technological, social and environmental events over the last thirty years or so that we are all global citizens.

Let's face it..the wisdom of crowds theory has stood up in this election. Those that didn't vote abrogated their responsibility so IMO have lost their right to whinge. Those that did vote exercised a collective wisdom that saw locals being considered best placed to oversee the running of THEIR MYFC.

Not surprising to see the 'rigged vote' and 'Will will load the board' conspiracy cranks have gone missing.

Hmmm...successful model of the 'wisdom of crowds'....hurry up, let me pick the team!

PS

It is a tad hypocritical to keep on criticising the inactivity of MYFC members and then turn on Dodecahedron and YF at every opportunity. You mightn't have noticed, but I have, that they are actually stepping up and having a go, with most of their initiatives being beneficial for YOUR/THEIR club.

This result should see the end of the 'I'm a fan...You're not' bullshite which reminds me of the infantile squabbling from the less mature of the Grade 3 students I taught so many moons ago.

At last...football time.

C'mon ETFC!

Only kidding Patman!

EUFC 2 Aldershot 0

Fleet jordy//really?

I more thought they might be busy working on another 27K monthly operational loss.

They might be the salt of the earth for all I care..if they do not want to represent the board they have been duly elected to I will be on their ases..torchblow style.