Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

15th March, 2005...

jc

...precisely three years ago yesterday, was the date of our crushing Trophy quarter-final replay defeat to Bishop's Stortford. Something to ponder...

Well done to all who travelled yesterday - the mass celebrations that greeted our goal will live long in the memory.

I was reflecting yesterday on how far we'd come, since I had started following the Fleet.

3rd March 2001, we beat Carshalton Athletic 3-0 at home, in my first ever game. Later on that year, we won the Full Members' Cup at home to Purfleet and the Kent Senior Cup, away at Folkestone I think.

Seven years later, we are one promotion (but two leagues) higher, with attendances up about 300%, playing full-time football, on the verge of the football league, anticipating a Wembley final, not to mention all of the off-the-field happenings of the past year or so.

It has been such a journey so far, and it feels like this is only 'the end of the beginning'.

My first game was tamworth in 2002, my nephew was a mascot, and I got totally hooked.

I was there at bishop stortford, and remember the loss.

yesterday I was at australia house, and all I could think of was the game I was missing.

Then coming home had the game on the radio in the car, and went mental when the goal went in, and started to think I was dreaming.

Now cannot to enjoy the day at Wembley.

Just wait till tomorrow, lets see them West Ham, Tottenham and Arsenal fans shut me up.

I'm fleet until I die.

Originally Posted By: thatguy

Just wait till tomorrow, lets see them West Ham, Tottenham and Arsenal fans shut me up.

I'm fleet until I die.

I've had the Mickey taken out of me so many times by fans of clubs like these, but today was brilliant, a Man utd. fan an Arsenal fan and a Chelsea fan were arguing about whose was the best club, and, boy, oh, boy, did I savour the moment when I casually walked past and shouted, 'YES, BUT WHOSE GOING WEMBLEY?'
grin

Originally Posted By: EUFC superb

I'm fleet until I die.

I've had the Mickey taken out of me so many times by fans of clubs like these, but today was brilliant, a Man utd. fan an Arsenal fan and a Chelsea fan were arguing about whose was the best club, and, boy, oh, boy, did I savour the moment when I casually walked past and shouted, 'YES, BUT WHOSE GOING WEMBLEY?'
grin

Excellent! Similar occurance in my office today.

My first game was tamworth in 2002, my nephew was a mascot, and I got totally hooked.
I was there at bishop stortford, and remember the loss.

yesterday I was at australia house, and all I could think of was the game I was missing.

I'm fleet until I die.

Emigrating eh?
You can be Wagga Wagga's other Fleet fan! yay