Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Charlton Heston - RIP

Originally Posted By: Greg_Dyke
He never should have been made spokesman for the NRA....

subjective and an opinion that many would not agree with...of course guns kill people but on our streets its the lawless guns that are killing the innocent and I'd warrant that the guns doing the killing in the states are mostly fired by the lawless...

read his speech to the NRA...it makes much sense if you read it impartialy..

and yes he did make some great films...a man of his time in hollywood..

Actually, Charlton Heston resigned as President of the NRA, when he was diagnosed with Alzheimers.

Taking guns away from people probably wouldn't cut the number of shootings, as most are carried out by illegal weapons, or weapons that are not secured to keep them away from kids!

They raised the legal drinking age to 21, but still the highest death to teenagers, is drunken driving!

Quote:
Taking guns away from people probably wouldn't cut the number of shootings, as most are carried out by illegal weapons, or weapons that are not secured to keep them away from kids!

Exactly. Banning them wouldn't solve the problem, seeing as how most of the people who are willing to kill someone obtain the gun on the black market.

To use an old, overused saying, guns don't kill people, people kill people. Taking the gun away would only cause a person intent on killing to find another way.

This isn't a response to AMFNo1 but in general. There are times when I wished to God I had a gun, because I'd feel a lot safer, not just for me but for my family.

Imagine the scene in a train carriage on a late night, a young woman/man is is faced with a number of pissed/drugged up yobs/thugs threatning violence or worse? If the potential victim suddenly produced a gun, how much would that reduce the chance of an "incident".

I understand the anti-gun stance BUT I WANT ONE!!!!!!

The banning of hand-guns in this country didn't make the slightest bit of difference.

Gun crime in London is soaring.

Knife crime in London is soaring.

I'm with Unc. on this one. Lets get to where we have responsible sentencing for gun & knife crime. It's NOT the weapons, but the scum that carry them !

As has been pointed out on an earlier thread, it is an Americans RIGHT to bear arms, and that is the LAW.