Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Town and the QE Stadium

Originally Posted By: BrimsdownRover
Very Interesting pieces in the local papers over the past couple of weeks how even more interesting that you lot are now changing tact. From the offset it looked a fair proposal from St Ig's and 1893 and why shouldn't the athletics track stay put for the use of schools which it has been doing so for many years . Your proposal looks very much like Me Myself and I to everyone else . The residents that have dwellings around that place seem to like the other three parties proposals but yours just stinks . Make yourselves comfortable at Brimmo as it could be your staying for the long haul .

Back to the papers , You claim you were "Forced" to groundshare at Brimmo ,What a load of old cobblers . It was you lot who came here with your smarmy smiles and handshakes as I recollect !

When we members held a meeting as reguards the Town being given a shared 30 year lease Not one member voted in favour of it . Not a single one ZILCH ! In fact most members didnt have a good word to say about you lot at all. But as we expected the powers that be leant on us to go along with it . You claimed when you was trying to get the joint lease that there would be bigger bar takings ? With your massive crowds ? In fact you promised us the world ? And Now the plan is to move to the QE stadium ? And take the massive crowds that have become moderate ? with you . Looks to me that people are realising what you are all about , Stuck up each others Ar$es. bootyshake

grin

The rugby club envisaged having a 'rugby' training area within the confines of the footprint of the stadium not a training area on the infield.

If people go back in time, wasn't the high performance centre offered to Picketts Lock because this country failed in getting the 2005 World Championships here?

So any training pitch they build would be outside an enclosed stadium.Sounds OK.Or maybe they could regularly hire the five-a-side court that ETFC proposed in their application (or use it for free if they contributed to the cost of building it).Another plus,as it would kill two birds with one stone.

I realise that our rivals for the site are taking note of everything said on this thead,and may possibly use some suggestions or points to help their own application,but i also believe the discussion is helping our board just as much to fine tune their own bid.Please say if you differ in that opinion.

Originally Posted By: BrimsdownRover
Very Interesting pieces in the local papers over the past couple of weeks how even more interesting that you lot are now changing tact. From the offset it looked a fair proposal - separate proposals, unless you are suggesting some form of collusion?- from St Ig's and 1893 (which, of course it didn't discuss with ETFC, yet quite happily incorporated into it's proposal. immediately killing off any hope of promotion for either club. That's hardly commercial acument at work!- and why shouldn't the athletics track stay put for the use of schools which it has been doing so for many years -because it's beyond the end of its useful life, and is not going to be replaced by the Council. Why do you think the stadium has fallen into disuse & disrepair?. Your proposal looks very much like Me Myself and I to everyone else- if you discount the athletics, and accommodate the rugby club you have a viable sustainable proposition; the moment you do anything else it doesn't work . The residents that have dwellings around that place seem to like the other three parties proposals but yours just stinks [color:#FF0000] I guess the key question is whether they prefer a residential redevelopment, which is what they are likely to get if they support undeliverable proposals[/color]. Make yourselves comfortable at Brimmo as it could be your staying for the long haul . That wouldn't be the end of the world and, on the basis that you don't want the QE stadium proposals to work something you would be happy with. Like Mrs O'Ware and her cronies, you are now faced with the dilemma of the lesser of two evils. It can quite easily bring on spontaneous combustion, I hear!

Back to the papers , You claim you were "Forced" to groundshare at Brimmo ,What a load of old cobblers . It was you lot who came here with your smarmy smiles and handshakes as I recollect !

When we members held a meeting as reguards the Town being given a shared 30 year lease Not one member voted in favour of it . Not a single one ZILCH ! In fact most members didnt have a good word to say about you lot at all. But as we expected the powers that be leant on us to go along with it . You claimed when you was trying to get the joint lease that there would be bigger bar takings ? With your massive crowds ? In fact you promised us the world ? And Now the plan is to move to the QE stadium ? And take the massive crowds that have become moderate ? with you . Looks to me that people are realising what you are all about , Stuck up each others Ar$es. bootyshake

Originally Posted By: lovely stuff
Brimsdown Rover, you are an ill informed,factually ignorant,bitter stirrer with the a king size chip on your shoulder about our club.skull

Don't worry,you're not the only one. Luckily,as proved in the past, your opinions or influence count for nothing.

I used to hate Rovers..... when one finger points.......coup?

I have read some of this thread with interest, some with, yawn, oh my god such boredom.

It has been said before the ETFC board are allegedly not up to running at football club at anything higher than county level.

That would require motivation and money, nepotism doesn't work!

QE2 = dream on.

we are at brimmo for the duration

They had capable negotiators, and folks used to council methods, the ETFC board sucessfully removed them, and the inner circle rule.

well whilst they are happy, at brimmo, and feeding people lines about the QE2 NOTHING will changed

NEVER.

just fed up with all this bollix, it has been going on TOO long, 7 years on

no ground,

same board,

no investment

no support from the council

a chairman who will not speak to fans or sponsors

I wish people would wake up and smell the coffee

there are no results on or off the field

the honeymoon is over

Originally Posted By: Southport - TOWNER
NEVER.

just fed up with all this bollix, it has been going on TOO long, 7 years on

no ground,
same board,
no investment
no support from the council
a chairman who will not speak to fans or sponsors

I wish people would wake up and smell the coffee
there are no results on or off the field

the honeymoon is over

Southport,however valid or otherwise your opinions are,they can't be regarded as neutral or unbiased,considering the board you talk about are the very people who marginalized you and squeezed you out of the boardroom.Although i can understand your frustration.

From what i've seen so far.Securing a 30 year 50% lease at Brimsdown AND producing the most professional presentation so far with regard to the QE,means that most of us are still beind those running of our club.You say the council doesn't like us.That is wrong.Our board have built up a great relationship with them since our formation.
The only parties they don't like us are the rival bidders (no surprise).O'Ware and her newspaper or choice (again no surprise).The only opinion that matters in the councils and i'm confident we have just as good a relationship with them than any of the other parties concerned.The only worry is all the other parties i mentioned,ganging up on the best and most viable proposal.Thus putting combined pressure on the council.Whereas i believe all the fudging,dithering and talk about co-operation and shared management by the others could actually work in our favour.