Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

E.G.M. of MFC Limited, April 28th

JeremyJacobs

Originally Posted By: Pagey
i am so tempted to start a new thread and let everyone know

I think you probably should then. The club looks to be dying on its feet and the fact that an EGM has been called by one of the directors and not the chair is worrying.
Who can really explain the lack of progress on the ground and now one of the directors wants to appoint Gary Lever? It sounds like a possible conflict of interest to me. What if there was more money to be made from the ground as housing or a leisure centre than a football ground.

Hold on, right now there is nothing to panic about. There could be a number of governance reasons why the meeting was called. The process to do this will be laid down in the limited company's articles of association. OK, there may be some differnce of opinion between the directors - hardly the first time in corporate or the club's history. If through this action there is clarity about decison making, direction and strategy then that's only good.

Cookie

How can it be a positive move to bring on two more Directors? What do you suppose the Chairman, Mr Bown and Mr Painter think about it?

I suggest that those who are travelling to Lea Bridge Road tomorrow have a word with Club officials, and/or, perhaps MISA should approach Messrs Rowlett, Bown and Painter.

Originally Posted By: JeremyJacobs
Cookie

How can it be a positive move to bring on two more Directors? What do you suppose the Chairman, Mr Bown and Mr Painter think about it?

I suggest that those who are travelling to Lea Bridge Road tomorrow have a word with Club officials, and/or, perhaps MISA should approach Messrs Rowlett, Bown and Painter.

Looks like you know more than you are letting on JJ.
As for me knowing anything.I know NOTHING.I hear rumours of course I do.I'm sure others have heard them too.I am merely trying to see us get through the next 3 games without any more upset.Theres enough of that as it is at this moment,before the season has been fully completed & I see no need for any of it until then. Come the seasons end then maybe it might be more valid & convienient to talk about whatever needs to be talked about i.m.o.
Nothings going to change at this time,the boss is still going the full distant this season,at least & so are the players.
What will be will be & that includes what may or may not happen in the boardroom & if its not good I too will speak my piece then,but in the meantime we should,again i.m.o,be showing our solidarity more to the players & the manager,while we still have points to gain on the field.
Why the players & moreso the boss would want to bother after this week is beyond me.I just hope their professionalism shines through as I'm sure it will.
I'd like to see us get 3 wins to round the season off with & then even I will air my views,about whoever or whatever.Sorry but thats how I feel anyway.

I'm not on the inside track here-but as Wellsie posts-no need to panic imo.

2 new directors could be good for the club.

This stuff goes on all the time in the corporate world-and yes-companies change direction-even ownership- but the trading side (read playing side) carries on as normal.

Frankly-its of minimal influence to the players and should only be of moderate interest /influence to the manager.

Seems like we are making excuses already for the playing side.Why?

Players play, managers manage,directors-direct ownership and strategy.

Let them all get on doing what they should be doing

As before, i think wellsie's is the most sensible-and probably accurate- post on this topic at this stage

Thing is players are like the rest of us, where & when is your next job going to be?

And i allways thought Gary lever was determind to take us, along with the ground forward. If so i am happy for him to takeover as this ground fiasco has gone on long enough.

"Who can really explain the lack of progress on the ground and now one of the directors wants to appoint Gary Lever? It sounds like a possible conflict of interest to me. What if there was more money to be made from the ground as housing or a leisure centre than a football ground".

Exactly.

If Gary Levers company owns the 5-a-sides, what is MFC's involvment with them? Does MFC get a cut of profits for running it or is it two completely seperate businesses? I was under the impression that MFC owned the 5-a-side pitches and that the revenue would be there for the club itself.

Steve

Was it not always made public that the margate and hartsdown develoment company owned the 5-a-sides and any subsequent ground development.

In fairness to GL,if i had money and was pumping money in,i'd want ownership and control aswell

Why break a habit Ian?.Comment,question,not much difference. Personally the answer from me is "I don't know" to be honest.Maybe someone else might know the answer to your comment/question.It wouldn't surprise me in the least if we were not doing so well out of them as we had planned,but I could be wrong.