Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Player of the Season,

I'm with you there Emily.Those who were at the 2nd leg at Aldershot,would not forget when their forward was through on goal,Sasha came back from behind,and took the ball cleanly,off his toes,and raced off upfield.Superb.The look on the forwards face of disbelief was magical!SASHA for me.

I went for Long.

Epitomised his season in the Burton replay, 2nd half of extra time. Where DID he get that energy from to chase balls he had no right even to consider walking after? And of course made Bossie's goal at Aldershot which secured our Wembley place.

Probably the best goals return from a midfielder for 2 decades.

Also seriously considered McPhee, Lance and Sasha, but Long has been the model of consistency, usually our most creative midfielder, has endless energy, and last but not least, our fox outside the box in terms of goals.

I was torn between Long, McPhee, and Lance. A few back I was thinking of Sacha (keep quiet, Hannah!), but a few sendings off and suspensions made me choose between the first three.

I went for Stacy in the end, basically for his consistancy and high fitness level, plus top goal scorer. Chris McPhee came a close second. And as for Lance, top class keeper for our league. More penalty saves than conceding penalties.

Originally Posted By: KShep
My vote would go to Chris McPhee. The 'We all dream of a team of Chris McPhees' chant hasn't really taken off yet (but it will in due course!), however he has excelled in every position he has played in. His finishing has been slightly wayward, but for effort and efficacy, no-one ranks higher than him. If and when McCarthy retires, I think he must be a front-runner for the captaincy, should we keep him.

It sounds as if your singing about Christmas trees to me devil

Originally Posted By: Richard C
Mcphee for me... its tough call but he has played everywhere and doesnt look out of place in any position... im sure he could do centre back too!

Stick him in goal cool

i think starkey player of season!! he has been a star player in key positions! Joking...McPhee! And Kayne, i happen to like the McPhee chant! Think best loan signing defo Darius Charles..Young player..Akinde, Bostwick, Purcell, any one of them! Best Signing, McPhee!

Worst player of season..(3 weeks ago woulda sed luke moore but he improved!) Dont know...YET!