Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Names in the Hat

I am Spartacus

Originally Posted By: Guernsey Tom

if CK had failings it was perceived by many that he had no plan B but that was only when we were mid table in the conference and had perhaps reached a plateau

CK was strugling for idears and had no plan B, in the Ryman Prem, hell he nearly got us relagated, an it was a far weaker division then it is now, or will be next season!

do the fans want him - probably

\o errr i wouldnt! i still have a lot of respect for what CK done for Margate in the past, but the guy would be a step backwards.

Edited by BlueGate Alan ( 10 minutes 9 seconds ago)

Edit Reason: OK I have lol

Damn u!!!!!

Back to the thread, if CK had failings it was perceived by many that he had no plan B but that was only when we were mid table in the conference and had perhaps reached a plateau, what he did do was elevate Margate to the biggest non- league club in Kent, winning two promotions and numerous cups, that is success in anybody's language. And he had achieved similar success at Dover prior to margate so, track record- fantastic, ability - unquestioned - could he do it again - why not, do the fans want him - probably, would he be willing to return - doubtful.

What ever people think about CK he was a proper manager. Knew how to organise teams and would be welcomed back by nearly everybody. Yes it went wrong for him in the last couple of seasons but who really could have managed the club at the time.

What ever people think about CK he was a proper manager. Knew how to organise teams and would be welcomed back by nearly everybody. Yes it went wrong for him in the last couple of seasons but who really could have managed the club at the time.

Tend to agree with that; perhaps altering could have managed to would have managed might be appropriate.

Mind you, perhaps he would not want back anyway.

As regards regressive step, try telling that to Newcastle United.

It is surely about the right man for the job.

Not CK for me Gary.Seems everybody wouldn't want him back then. I think everybody including those not wanting him back are appreciative of his efforts on our behalf in the past though.

CK had come to his sell-by date i.m.o. & it wouldn't be a positive for him to come back as manager.

Its time now to move up a gear,if possible.

To be honest Cookie, I'm open about it. I believe that it is about the right man for the job, given all the circumstances.

I do believe, however, that we should not be tied by the "regressive" attitude - as I say right man for the job (whoever it might be).