Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Judgement Given !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Teflon

Think its best now that everyone embraces Dorking Fc, the owners have now got a fresh start & free of excuses for the future.

Lets hope MVDC dedicate some money to the state of the facilities being the landlords and leave ill feeling behind.

Well done to all involved..

Congratulations to all involved at Dorking FC. I hope the council can now arrange a long term lease with the board that will allow the board to access the funding available to improve the ground.

I hope the board can build bridges with the council so they dont stop every plan put forward.

I also hope all those who have been effected by all the events of the last two years can now move on and either support the club and the board or leave them alone.

Hopefully time will heal and the board will be able to harness the energy and passion that has been aimed against them in a positive way for the betterment of Dorking Fc.

I haven't said much to all those snipers about the Dorking issues as I felt it was better left until resolved but just wanted to say ..................

bootyshake bootyshake bootyshake bootyshake bootyshake bootyshake bootyshake bootyshake bootyshake bootyshake

bootyshake bootyshake bootyshake bootyshake bootyshake

Great news for Dorking FC Ltd and for all this to finally put to and end.

I hope the club will go forward from this and give the people of Dorking and Supporters a club that they can be proud of.

No excuses now for the club not to get the ground improved and move upwards.

Think TFS is right I hope that people get behind the club and if they don't want to do this then just move on.

Good luck with it Ray and Jack just hope you will embrace others that will try and help you and the club.

Would you be happy confused to spend all that money on the bloody obvious !!!!!!!!

"Now the two sides have three months to sort out a new agreement, with Mole Valley council claiming to be happy that the case had underlined the need for improvement works at the town centre ground."

http://www.surreyad.co.uk/news/2026/2026364/dorking_fc_to_get_new_lease_after_court_ruling

Originally Posted By: thespursfan
25 years, d Dave, is that agreed already?

I believe that is the term that has been quoted. something along the lines of what Chicester City United FC are planning is what Dorking could do with.

http://pa.chichester.gov.uk:90/WAM/doc/Plan%20-%20Under%20Consideration-942109.pdf?extension=.pdf&id=942109&location=NewVolume3&contentType=application/pdf&pageCount=1

Originally Posted By: DorkingDave
Now Dorking Football Club Limited will be getting a 25 year lease, lets hope some improvements are made to the venue to turn it into a community asset, not just for football.

I'm afraid that's very debateable, Dave. They COULD, in theory, only offer us say a 6 month lease which would result in going back to court. Hopefully, a good dialogue will now be set up over the next 3 months.

I do feel very sorry for the Council tax payers of the Mole Valley area, but to be fair, the whole expensive fiasco could have been avoided if MVDC had talked to us when we asked them to. A point that His Honour Justice Nathan pointed out.

I do know how much the 85% of our costs came to but feel it a touch imprudent to get into the area of figures on here. Working out the the remaining 15% is easy, and from what our barrister told me yesterday on estimations of how much it must have cost MVDC to run their court battle, the actual total cost to them is quite considerable.

Incidently, under the Freedom of Information act, you could in the future find out the actual cost !

Interesting point Swoonie.

I've just received this recent press release from MVDC.

'Mole Valley District Council

Originally Posted By: Big J R

I'm afraid that's very debateable, Dave. They COULD, in theory, only offer us say a 6 month lease which would result in going back to court. Hopefully, a good dialogue will now be set up over the next 3 months.

So what was the point of all this then, surely DFC's legal team pointed this out prior to going to court?

JR,

With all due respect, i can only think that harping on about 'tax payers' money is hardly going to PR Dorking FC to mole valley council?! (Who as landlords could help with the facility!) I would like to think that DFC are smarter than to publically continue to moan about the council, everybody now needs to move on, supporters+owners+council & rebuild relationships.