Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

2008/2009 Squad

CT9

ShadowMover I might well talk a lot of nonsense. The purpose of starting this post was for a bit of fun during the closed season so we could try and keep on top of next season's squad. Having a bit of fun guessing who would be playing. Hence a lot of my posts look alike because as players move on or in I change my original post.

At the end of the day I'm just a football fan with an opinion. As we know the entire game is about opinions.

We all knew that there was going to be a lot of movement within the squad.

Anyhow you've come on here yet you've not shared your own views with the rest of us. What do you believe is going to happen next season? I guess your in the "know" of what's happening. Personnally I'm not so I just like to form my own opinons for now and confirm a place when it becomes public knowledge.

So come on ShadowMover let us all know what you know and then we can mull your opinions over.

Oh-oh, power's going to Alan's head! Must be all those Welshmen around ;o)

I've got to put my hand up and say that I'm Jason's dad and I've purposly not tried to say anything about my son except (I believe) for the one occasion that I let people know gereration sports were playing in the Cup Final at St. Lukes. The game that never got played.

Your posts have been a credit to you then TSO. The games I have watched Jason play he has done really well, just needs to show more committment maybe to training etc, or is that being unfair?

I have only seen JM play once-but would say that looked very good to me-and am a bit surprised/disappointed (to date) that he has apparently not been one of the 'chosen ones' with a first team contract.

Plenty of time for him to change that though

Yep, Jason McAree, has really impressed me over the last few games.

So much so that after the Ashford game (I think it was this game) he and Pratt were the called up to play with some of the 1st team against Ebbsfleet. After this the display he put on, up at Southwood, well I couldn't sing his praises enough.

It showed to me that with the pace and skill of him, Moir, Lewis and McClean there were some real gems coming through.

did anyone go up and watch the second trial match... we have so much young talent its brilliant lewis and quain done it for me watchin those two play was brilliant they run at players with such speed thers not much they can do... lewis needs to finish his chances more but other than that he was great and quains deliverys were great think they scored from every1 two players that well go far

Lets be a bit cautious here.

There is a massive difference running with the ball at your feet on a summers day, to playing against a seasoned 6'3'' semi pro in the Ryman league on a wet Tuesday night in essex in the middle of winter.

I think MM that is the first post from you I have completly agreed with, as I have said before I think the young lads are about to embark on a very steep learning curve, I hope that they are are quick climbers, or it could be a long season !!

Originally Posted By: BlueGate Alan
Your posts have been a credit to you then TSO. The games I have watched Jason play he has done really well, just needs to show more committment maybe to training etc, or is that being unfair?

Absolutely true Alan. With Jason not having played any football with a Youth Team set-up for 2 years (for one reason or another) followed by an injury at work at the start of last season. A skill saw went through his thigh. He needs to concentrate on getting fit again.
Mind you in the time he was not playing youth football he successfully passed his carpentry/joinery apprenticeship and is now a self-employed carpenter.
He managed to play the best part of the second half of last season. Mark Weatherly correctly letting him play either the first or second half and the whole 90 mins in the last few games.
He had become totally dis-illusioned with playing club football again but thanks to his friends he played with on Sunday mornings in the Thanet League he went trialing for the reserves.
He's lucky to have pals like German, Shane, Olti, Quainy, Shane, Woody, Damo, Darin, Phil and Tom. They gave him the insentive to go.

Yet due to those lost years and many of his friends being at Generation's acadamy he has a lot of work to put in to get to the fitness of the likes of German (Chris Lewis) and Quainy (Aaron Quain).

Hopefully under the control of Phil Fennel, Tom Hickman, Mark Weatherly and Steve Moore he can improve and go on. Plus even the few evening games he played with Roberto Corbishley he learnt a lot. He told me afterwards it was great playing with him and although Roberto wasn't there on Saturdays he was able to take the valued information he'd learnt into those games.

I'd just like to say though with all the lads that have already been signed and the likes of Wheatly, McClean, Brown, Hoggart, Ingly, Pratt, Keki and Taylor still all to come through it looks good for our local lads.

Thanks for the update TSO, understandable now why he was taken off or not played at times during last season. Sounds a very nast injury and well done to him and his mates for wanting to play the game again. Am convinced he is one for the future too.