Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

2008/2009 Squad

CT9

Plus I personnally believe that wheatly or Payne will play that position if Peters isn't. On Ashby might be worth asking the question on Tuesday night, as to whether he's playing or not this season?

Originally Posted By: Porka
Would disagree with the playing side for Ashby. He's 38 this year, and last played two years ago in the Conf South.

We'll have to see with Smith. Not getting any younger but he's been signed as a player/coach so surely still has plenty to offer.

I can't believe you have left Joe Taylor out of your set-up, Hippy.

---------------SCS-----------------

Corbishley---Smith---Eastwood---?

-----Morris---P.Smith---Quain------

Peters------------------------Lewis

-------------Coleman---------------

Bowles, Lamprell, Krunic
Wheatley, Payne
Hickman, McNamee, Keci, Axon, Vanhinsbergh
Taylor, Pratt, Brown, McClean, Moir

Has to be said that we look very light at the back at the moment. Hopefully, that is an area where we can strengthen. If Hickman signs for us, that IMO would be a good move to bolster the midfield.

Yep I impressed myself with thinking about Hickman. Not only for midfield but also as cover at the back.
Plus Porka, you've left McAree out from your set up? Has he been attracted somewhere else?

Isn't Dan Young one of those on our retained under contract list?

Also - don't see Coleman as a central frontline striker - Pratt would be a better choice.

I'm a big fan of Chris Lewis but think he'll suffer at Ryman level as he's physically a bit lightweight.

Originally Posted By: michaelmichael
I believe the contracted players are Smith,Peters,Coleman and SCS (now on transfer list )

Peter
When I was asking this question these were the players that I was told.

Originally Posted By: hippy
Originally Posted By: michaelmichael
I believe the contracted players are Smith,Peters,Coleman and SCS (now on transfer list )

Peter
When I was asking this question these were the players that I was told.

I'm not sure myself ... the full list has probably been mentioned somewhere sometime, but gawd knows where.

Cookie, I've taken it that the club is going in the direction of locals and youth. I've left SCS, Smith , Peters and Coleman as they're the ones that were left on contract (so long as these are the correct players).

After that my intake is that P. Smith and hopefully Ashby, himself, will play.

Got to admit I'm unsure whether Moir or Corbishley will be there. Moir from Essex(but young) and Corbishley from Maidstone.

Originally Posted By: Porka
Originally Posted By: margateshot
Porka, How can it look very tight at the back when those players are the same ones we had in the squad last season, which leaked goals like a sieve. IMO we still need at least two experienced defenders to have any chance of competing next season, let alone a decent striker. When injuries and suspemsions kick in we will be in deep poo!!!

I did say light at the back! Think we need at least one new centre back, and definitely a left back.

Sorry Porka I need glasses.....

Originally Posted By: hippy
Got to admit I'm unsure whether Moir or Corbishley will be there. Moir from Essex(but young) and Corbishley from Maidstone.

Must admit I am not convinced what Moir brings to the game but as for Corbishley I think we have another Dean Standen there (but without Deans love of collecting cards) who can play at fullback or midfield. Corbishley is definetly one to sign on. The fact he travels from Maidstone is not a problem.

Originally Posted By: StuyRandall
i dont think we should retain Morris, he disappointed me this season. Josephs should be kept.

is Yianni out for another year?

Yes Yianni is out for another season.
As for Morris I must disagree I think as young, local talent he's the best around the whole island. Not written much on him before because didn't think there was a necessity too, just thought that his football did all his talking. The rest are promising and hopefuls. Yet Morris and Corbishley are already the real deal at Ryman Premier standard and will only improve as we stride up the leagues.

I thought we had released Yianni,especially in the light of not having actually signed him on contract.(in error)

Great player but I think we have wasted enough money on him & yes,I know its not his fault.

A player that I think a lot of & its a shame we didn't reap the benefit of his talents.

I agree with your above post entirely Stu'y. Morris was a big disappointment when given his chances. However,maybe last years experience might bring him on a bit this season if he IS still here.

Corbishley a different player altogether.Attack minded even he though plays at full back & likes to run at defences. An exciting player i.m.o.

Without seeing them play or without them catching my eye when I did take the occasional look,I couldn't comment.

One player that did stand out for me & who didn't really get too much of a look in last season,even though he got a nibble of the action is Vanhinsburgh (?).The Ryan Giggs/playalike. Now I like his play a lot.I would like to see him out there on the left a few more times.

Eastwood(who I have seen & noticed) I feel will get his chance on a more permament basis this season & I think he's a good prospect & will improve further.

Bowles?.. I've seen him quite a few times but the jurys out for me with him.I've notice some good & not so good efforts.

I'd like to see Josephs,Young,Morris,Eastwood and corbishly all retained.

We are all making the assumption that the reserve/fringe players will sign-maybe they will be tempted elsewhere; but i do hope that Ashby does sign most of them-at least it would give a nucleus of a team,which would just about survive in the league;and trhen slowly but surely,Ashby coukld strengthen any weak spots where players do not make the step up.