Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Ryman North 1 08/09

JAY

Originally Posted By: The Great Eckscape
Now you'll find out which players were playing for Redbridge and which ones were playing for Holdsworth.

The R1N has potentially gotten even weaker with this news.

There has been rumors that the budget is going to be cut at Redbridge for next season, could be part of the reason that Holdsworth left.

holdsworth left cos he was moving to worcester

afc sudbury not even in league

concord to win, come on you rangers

Had a spell at Newport as player/coach I believe.

Originally Posted By: Ribbit
The last thing Concord should want is promotion. They spent seventeen years in the ESL, so they should get comfortable. They need to try and sort out some kind of fan base, too.

they surely are going to struggle to find the fans etc what with canvey sucess and southend round the corner and as well as a lot of people support west ham cant see them getting more than canvey

Guest MOB Snr

They will get what they always get from us and that is the odd one or two who dont like to travel away and when we do not have a ressies game.

They will struggle to get 100 with us and Dartford, Sudbury et al not being there!!

Originally Posted By: Ribbit
Well I bloody hope not as well! I don't mean anything colossal, but an average of 100 would be a start. I don't think they'll take any of our support, especially as we're a division above them.

It may not have been many, however we have taken a small group of your support during last season including one guy who has been watching your club for over 30years every season home and away who claims that our side 'plays the better football and are better to watch' (his words not mine, although i do agree).
I obviously hope and believe that over the next couple of seasons we can take supporters away from canvey but i agree that it would be hard for us to do so.
Only time will tell.

I must admit, having seen Concord on a few occasions, I can't see how you were playing better football than us, but that's a difference of opinions.

You have gotten very unlucky or lucky with the way the R1N has gone next season.

On one hand, the support of the teams in your division is very poor, and you probably won't notice much of an increase from the ESL. However, the calibre of teams is also poor, so you will have a better chance of winning matches and attracting support that way.

Oh and as for the fan who had watches us for 30 years and now watches you, if I wanted to watch great football every week I'd go and watch Premiership matches! Non League football is about heart and passion, and we have that in abundance at CIFC! (and we do also knock the ball around quite well as well, bonus!)

I agree that we could have a problem with support next season due to the teams in the R1N.

Id like to agree with your comment that non-league football is all about heart and passion but for many football clubs and the people involved it unfortunatly just is'nt the case.

If concord, for example in 3-5 seasons were in a higher league than canvey (which is possible) do you believe that you would have as many people watching and supporting your club each week then as you do now?

I would hazard an educated guess at no, however you have had an excellent example this season of the heart and passion that can grow at a club.

It's easy to say a team plays better football when they're banging in five goals a game in a far inferior division...

And another thing, I can't believe for a minute that any 'fan who's been watching CIFC for thirty years' is going to sod off to Thames Road just because they 'play better football'. Why stand around at Park Lane for that long if you're just going to up and leave like that? Complete rubbish.

The fact that you lot are talking about us and making derogatory comments about us means we are doing something right , its the fact that you finally acknowledge we could be of some threat to you in the near future . For years Canvey has been this massive club and little old Concord were not even mentioned. Now we are on the map it seems customary to put us down.

We may not have the support Canvey have , that is granted , but in my year and a half at the club i have seen a massive change in the way our club is supported. Taking nearly 200 fans to the Gordon Brasted cup final was a huge start , something you wouldnt hear of most years. Also the number of letters the club has received from people who came to watch us for the first time this season out of curiosity and they all end their letters with a common theme " we'll be coming back next season" . We may never get an average of 3/400 people a week , but if we are slowly adding fans then we are doing the right things. We are working to improve our image and we have done that. We wish you lot luck in the ryman prem this season , and id like to think as your neighbours you'd do likewise.