Fans Focus - Non League football clubs
Sign in to follow this  
1 F in Fleet

Parade ????

Great idea GAZ, you should be in PR (maybe you are?).That would really cement the Club name, the team(subject to changes of course) and the monumental acheivement of the 10th.Somebody from MYFC should sit up and take note of this one.And hopefully act upon it too?!Lets keep our fingers crossed, watch this subject and see what MYFC can cunjour up.Well done again.

Originally Posted By: kmj
Shame that the weather forecast for Thursday is the worse of the whole week. Hope the route and times are announced soon.

Are the route and times not stated on the official club site? It states that they are waiting for confirmation from the council. I cannot see any reason why the council should refuse them permission, as they themselves stated that if a parade had not been arranged then they would do so.

Originally Posted By: Hirsty
Isn't Bluewater part of the Borough of Dartford !( the beers are much dearer in there also !!)

I would rather the team paraded through Gravesend & Northfleet & the Gravesham part of the Republic of Ebbsleet only !!

I'll be there !

Cheers,

True Hirsty, but I lived in Greenhithe for quite a few years and there are many Ebbsfleet fans live there also. I wouldn't mind betting many people from Gravesham and other towns go shopping there as well! Maybe a perfect place to catch fringe supporters.

Unfortunately Les, there are some who are happy to think small, and try and recruit new fans from the Dog and Duck or the Whatever Arms, rather than looking at the bigger picture and trying to recruit from North Kent.

Originally Posted By: Hempstead Gaz
Unfortunately Les, there are some who are happy to think small, and try and recruit new fans from the Dog and Duck or the Whatever Arms, rather than looking at the bigger picture and trying to recruit from North Kent.

Absolutely right - to become a big club we have to draw people from a larger and larger cachement area - the Bluewater idea is an excellent idea; just think of the number of people who pass through there at a weekend. We need to be thinking of pulling people in from further away - just look how Charlton operate to get fans in to their ground.

It's been tried 'til the cows come home in gravesend - just doesn't really work. Apathy, Kosovans, whatever, we still only get the faithful 1000.
We need to try a new approach, do what Scallingham and Charlton do and increase our catchment area. Bluewater is a 5 minute drive by car or bus from Fleet. If that isn't within our area of potential new fanbase I do no know what is.
Our main sponsor has a shop there too, what better way to promote our club sponsor?

What's been tried until the cows come home ?

I wasn't aware that we had won a Wembley Final before ? When did we have previous plans to do a parade through the town then ?

There are quite a lot of local shops & businesses who have shown their support as well you know.

Might even have a celebratory curry at Rob Abdul's afterwards !

Cheers,

If local shops and businesses want to come on board on the back of our cup success then fine, but my point is Fleet have been trying to get these people on board for years, if not decades, to no avail. Sponsorship from companies is handy, but what the club really needs is fans through turnstiles.

Apathy and Gravesend are synonymous. Wembley proved there are hundreds (possibly thousands) of non affiliated people from North Kent (Maidstone, Medway, Dartford and further afield))who might come and watch if the product and price is right - certainly better value and entertainment than Scallingham.
It is these people we haven't approached before, let us keep the publicity high profile all summer.

We/Mycf/the club must do everything to keep the momemtum of Wembley going right up to and during the next season. It's going to be hard work to convert some people though, in the town centre yesterday afternoon to my one Fleet shirt there were ten Man Utd shirts. Sad, isn't it?

Ive posted the two main ideas, the Eurostar shop/meet the players day and the Northfleet carnival on the Myfc site so maybe we can work together now and get there excellent suggestions into practise. The time for talking is over, its time for action.

Thanks for that John.

This is the main area both MYFC and us old school brigade need to work as one.

With the work in the right areas, there is no reason why we cannot double our gates next year.

there is no reason why we cannot double our gates next year.

Can we double the size of the turnstiles too... doah

A Ha.......a dig at me I assume ?

My point was that we should not have a victory parade outside of the Borough i.e. Bluewater !!! By all means try and capture new supporters from other areas, but not a Victory parade in Dartford !!! You wouldn't want a Dartford victory parade coming through Northfleet would you ?

Explanation of point concluded !!

PS......see you tomorrow night then. I plan to wander down to the Civic Centre & see the end of the Parade & display of Cup on the balcony. I may even support a local business & go to Rob Abdul's after !

A Ha.......a dig at me I assume ?

My point was that we should not have a victory parade outside of the Borough i.e. Bluewater !!! By all means try and capture new supporters from other areas, but not a Victory parade in Dartford !!! You wouldn't want a Dartford victory parade coming through Northfleet would you ?

Explanation of point concluded !!

Not in the slightest, Hirsty, unless you are feeling offended.
My point is, over the years the club has looked at endless local schemes to improved attendances, from pubs/clubs, businesses and schools. All have failed. We need to look at a larger catchment area.

Adverts on the back of buses, they go all over the borough, and are a fair size so would get seen a lot.

Something simple like.

Don't follow us follow the Fleet

Originally Posted By: John@TheFleet
We/Mycf/the club must do everything to keep the momemtum of Wembley going right up to and during the next season. It's going to be hard work to convert some people though, in the town centre yesterday afternoon to my one Fleet shirt there were ten Man Utd shirts. Sad, isn't it?
Perhaps all the fleet shirts are in the wash, after a hot and sweaty saturday , mine is.

The fact that this thread had developed quite some way bemoaning the absence of a parade next Saturday before someone mentioned that it clashed with the FA Cup final, was really refreshing.

I wonder if the fact that has been noted regarding Liam not being available on Saturday is linked. As he originates from Portsmouth perhaps he is attending the same said FA Cup final?

Can understand the reasoning behind not taking the victory tour around Dartford, but seeing as a fair % of our current support and future support is in Swanscombe which is closer to the ground than Gravesend and the majority of Northfleet. We should not belittle our out of Borough support.

Up the Fleet

The fact that this thread had developed quite some way bemoaning the absence of a parade next Saturday before someone mentioned that it clashed with the FA Cup final, was really refreshing.

I wonder if the fact that has been noted regarding Liam not being available on Saturday is linked. As he originates from Portsmouth perhaps he is attending the same said FA Cup final?

kmj started a conspiracy.................It wasn't me! whistle laugh

I would give you short odds on that.

Bought my Wembley tickets on the day of the Portsmouth semi-final. So then went in the bar, Liam came in and asked for TV's to be changed back to semi, he was pleased when it showed Popmey were 1-0 up.

John@Fleet--I still don't know what the "best" method is for getting an idea enacted by MyFC. I'm reasonably sure the Forum isn't an efficient and speedy way to get something done. Perhaps emailing your suggestions directly to the Trust board, especially since time is of the essence.

I don't know what all the flap is about the trust board. I had a good chat with Jessica Friday night at Stonebridge Road and I feel for her and the other members who are catching grief. Some people need to lok up "volunteer" in the dictionary and lighten up.

Anyway, my point was simply that emailing Jessica and Paul (Arithon) directly might get the idea moving more quickly.

Originally Posted By: wobbly Wayne II
Can understand the reasoning behind not taking the victory tour around Dartford, but seeing as a fair % of our current support and future support is in Swanscombe which is closer to the ground than Gravesend and the majority of Northfleet. We should not belittle our out of Borough support.

Up the Fleet

Good comment Wobbly & I was in no way trying to belittle any support. I just didn't think that the Bluewater idea was the right thing to do.

Cheers,