Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

08/09 Title Challengers!!!!

None at the moment hence the Bosman name!

I'm telling you this because they have made a mistake in letting you go.

No, Hanwell have not left Reynolds Fields i just feel a younger management team with new ideas will help them a lot, they had 1, 2th place finish when they should have beaten Potters Bar to the league title a few years back. In the other years they fell away in the last 10 matches.

Hopefully for them Keith R will get players who can last the pace and have the willingness to go that extra yard.

Originally Posted By: bosman08
Im telling you this because they have made a mistake in letting you go

Thanks for saying so but not many will agree with you. I'm sure Hanwell Town will do well with the new Management team, I think their ninth place finish this season was a surprise to everyone.

Hey Special1, wondered when you'd be back on here! Shame about last nights result.

Special1 - Yes you must be devastated about last night, commiserations, what is it with Spain and Portugal in major tournaments!

Me apparently.

Our achilles heal was always going to be defending corners and free-kicks against the German giants - Ricardo should do alot more to help the defence.

German first goal was excellent - both full-backs to blame - Bosingwa gave too much room for the cross and Paulo Ferreira was caught napping.

Ballack's goal should have been disallowed for the push but Ricardo should have got there first instead of chickening out with the thought of impact with Ballack.

Like the game against Switzerland, we were punished because we just couldn't finish. Moutinho just couldn't make his mind up what to hit the ball with. Pepe forgot he was attacking and made a great defensive header over the bar. I though we did enough to go to extra-time but it wasn't meant to be.

Great game. I certainly didn't want it to end as I could see Portugal getting more. To Germany's credit they didn't time waste too much and kept going to the end.

I just hope an attacking side wins it.

Special1 - Guess who I bumped into at the Tottenham Carnival this afternoon, yes that's right and he sends his regards as well as his commiserations on Portugal's disappointing defeat to Germany. He said he's looking forward to shaking your hand at the Inner City World Cup in August.

Premier Division

I'd go for Biggleswade Town to win it this season with Chalfont St Peter and Berkhamstead pushing them close.

Division One

I have a feeling that Hoddesdon will make up for just missing out last season by going all the way and taking the title. For the second promotion spot I'm going to go for Sport London e Benfica.

Division Two

Well I've got to go for The 61 FC haven't I, though AFC Dunstable will be up there once again and I can see strong campaigns from Caddington, Aston Clinton and Tring Corinthains.

Good question NF, to be honest I don't really know enough about them to give a definitive answer, but out of the new teams I would say that there are two that stand out as teams to watch out for, first of all Hadley, who look to have had a very strong season across the club and come into the SSML as the West Herts Premier League champions, could well finish top 4.

Wodson Park also had a good season, finishing runners up to Baldock Town (who I think would have done very well in the SSML should they have joined) and I reckon that they can finish top 6.

MK Wanderers and Bletchley Town both look to be making a big step up having competed in the North Bucks and District League Division One last season, which would appear to be the "third" division behind the Premier and Intermediate. I would be surprised if either make an impact on the top half of the table.

Buck FC, no idea who they are, I have found a Bucks CC FC that play in the Aylesbury & District League and a Bucks FC who are a Sunday side, if the new team is either of those though is another matter!

AWK - You don't post much these day which is a shame. I agree with your comments, I think there is a bit of money at Hadley and they are likely to be the most successful of the newcomers next season, although their Website isn't as good as I expected it's worth a look. You'll probably be more interesed in the new Club's from a programme prospective, I wonder how many of them will produce one if any:

http://www.hadleyfc.co.uk/

Originally Posted By: Rhodes
AWK - , I think there is a bit of money at Hadley

http://www.hadleyfc.co.uk/

For once, I believe that you actually know that that might be the case, rather than making sweeping assumptions!

Horace - Although I don't appear to be held in very high regard by most members I like to think that I still know a thing or two about the SSML.

Yes Rhodes I am interested to see if any of them will do programmes, and how good they are. Personally I do hope that they all will issue, I know that you don't have to in Div 2 but after making the step up you would think that it would add to the experience, even if they only made a 4 pager (1 sheet) it would be appreciated by players, fans and groundhoppers.

Talking of programmes, has anyone approached you to do theirs next season?

AWK - It's good to banter with you again on here, unfortunately the Forum has been comandeered of late by posters with no interest in football and it's not what it used to be.

I think the SSML hierarchy should make it mandatory that programmes are issued in the SSML Division 2, as is the case in the inferior Middlesex County League Premier Division, as on numerous occasions groundhoppers have been disappointed when they have arrived wide eyed at games only to find no programme has been printed.

I haven't been approached by any SSML Club's as yet for next season to come onboard in any capacity but like I said I'm always open to offers, to be honest it wll be somewhat of a relief not to have to worry about producing a programme as it was becomming a thankless task.

Produce your own programme and you might have got some thanks. I see the SSMFL were not fooled by your blatant photocopying techniques when it came to handing out this seasons award.

Chin up.

Bucks FC

Apparently played in the Wycombe league one last season and won the league. A quick scan around the internet shows that a BCUC FC won the Wycombe & District Division One last season and it looks as if this team is one of the same. They only played 14 matches, but won 13 of these and drew the other, unsurprisingly with this record they run away with the title.

Still it looks like a jump to the SSML though as Division One is the third tier of the Wycombe & District League, behind the Premier and Senior.

The Berks & Buck FA website refers to them as Bucks Student Union (as does the Wycombe & District mitoo site for their reserves) and they are based in High Wycombe.