Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

08/09 Title Challengers!!!!

Originally Posted By: Rhodes
Originally Posted By: The Watchfull Listener
And who is your 'Good Authority' source then Rhodes?

Dave - No other than 'the great one' if you must know who was at a total loss as to why no decent pre-season friendlies had been properly arranged.

Oh well never mind looks like it hasn't effected us too much by not playing any pre-season never mind life goes on and football is football.

Just out of intrest how many injuries did teams pick up in pre-season?

We had NONE!!!!!!! I think starting a season with a full squad is better than playing meaningless friendlys and losing key players!

The Spurs Fan - You're right, this could actually signal the demise of all pre-season friendlies, I can't understand why nobody has hit on the idea before

Kentish Town were AWFUL against Kingsbury LT how they got these results and scored the ammount of goals I dont know. Tellingly they have yet to win at home having played away in all but one match, their away record is superb BUT their only defeat came against the Tigers!

Fact: I did not want to play that many pre season friendlies, mainly due to the fact of the number of injuries picked up last year, (i personlly spent many hrs in A & E)

Fact: The team only added a few players to last seaons squad, so we did not really need to gel,

Fact: we always take a few games to find our stride, as was the case again this year, (pre-season games or not)

Fact: KTFC are playing a different system to last year, a more entertaining form of football, that i have always believed in, surely you did notice on Saturday

hope that this answers a few of your questions.

also it too early to predict who going to win what, come january, we will have a clearer picture, of who going to challange for the title and hopefully we will be in the mix, and if we are not, it will not be for the willof trying, but we will try to do it playing football, the way it was meant to be played.

Originally Posted By: Tiger007
Fact: KTFC are playing a different system to last year, a more entertaining form of football, that i have always believed in, surely you did notice on Saturday
hope that this answers a few of your questions.

I beg to differ. During pre-season last season Hector and 'the great one' sat down and discussed at length the weaknesses and strengths of Kentish Town's playing structure at that time, the outcome of their detailed analysis was that, although the Club had a lot of players with huge potential, for some 'unknown' reason they had not had any success in the previous four seasons since joing the SSML, not even in the poor quality second division where they finished 10th yet still gained promotion. For the first time, and largely thanks to Hector, a proper system of play was implemented, Kentish Town players had never been professionally Coached and the new tactical system was designed to hone and compliment each players individual skills and strengths. Three or four key players were added such as Javier Rivera, Kefala Fofana and Eddie Nazary and the outcome was the Championship, end of, in summary Kentish Town are now reaping the rewards of last seasons hard work by Clement and Hector whereby the foundations were set up and the Club can now look to the future with great optimism playing by far the most attractive and innovative football in the Division.

Originally Posted By: bosman08
So it seems as though Tiger007 is not thankful for the help of Hector last year Rhodes judging by the "playing a different system to last year" comment.

Can you comment on the difference of the two systems from what you have seen Rhodes?

Bosman08 - It would certainly appear that way which is surprising as the guy was different gravy, he's a tactical genious who wouldn't be out of place in the Premiership.
To be honest I can't see a great deal of difference to the system last season other than obviously from October last year when Lee Scott returned to the fold the ball was just played up to him and it was in the net before you could blink.

Before Hectors arrival these were Kentish Town FC results in the SSML over the years. So judging by the previous tables and statistics the Hector input was the catalyst for Kentish Town's success last year and also for the continued success this year. The results dont lie, I suppose this is the different gravy you are referring to Rhodesy?

2003/2004 - SSML Division 2 - Finished 10th (of 17 teams)

2004/2005 - SSML Division 1 - Finished 9th (of 17 teams)

2005/2006 - SSML Division 1 - Finished 11th (of 17 teams)

2006/2007 - SSML Division 1 - Finished 6th (of 16 teams)

2007/2008 - SSML Division 1 - Champions

Originally Posted By: bosman08

2003/2004 - SSML Division 2 - Finished 10th (of 17 teams)
2004/2005 - SSML Division 1 - Finished 9th (of 17 teams)
2005/2006 - SSML Division 1 - Finished 11th (of 17 teams)
2006/2007 - SSML Division 1 - Finished 6th (of 16 teams)
2007/2008 - SSML Division 1 - Champions

Bosman08 - Yes, I think that just about says it all

well its a joy to see football being talked about!

could the progress of ktfc be the guys maturing as much as better coaching?

im not a fan of tactics in all honesty, better players working hard plus the rub of green will normally defeat the opposition , although I do accept players need direction, encouragement and discipline.

You've got to have some tactics TSF or it could be mayhem! Practicing set pieces in training then utilising it is a tactic. So is playing to your strengths. If you allowed players to wander about and hope for the best then you'll be in the mire of the dog and duck! Tactics plus players working hard and the rub of the green is the only way... wink

P.S Ere...What does a Spurs fan know anyway? grin

i saw spurs under ardiles ... hhem go out and play.. seriously saw nine up front in front of the ball and our number 23 on his own on the half way line hands outstretched and panic on his face.. think we won tho!

tactics = mike bassett we play 4 4 bloody 2

it maybe because as a spurs fan ive seen every theory tactic and cunning plan under the sun

terry venables christmas trees burkinshaws packed midfield ossies beautiful game george graham, gross, hoddle

its twaddle

442 support your partner, play in triangles and run around like mike read says

lots of love tsf

FA Director of coaching

ps if that dont work sub two, point at the oppositions half and say score more goals.

Originally Posted By: thespursfan
well its a joy to see football being talked about!

I couldn't agree more, it makes a refreshing change

Out of the clubs I've seen so, I'll have to stick with one of my original picks, Broxbourne. I also thought KLT were a good footballing side.