Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

What level of playingbudget would you have ?

been speaking to a few connie directors/managers and I am afraid that there is a big surprise in store regarding budgets...top budget thus far in the league is believed to be 23k...(won't be far off)...several over 15k...more at 12/13k

10k will get mid table unless liam pulls a rabbit out of the hat with some young talented players on their way up...liams a good manager but he can only do so much on a limited budget up against the sort of budget power apparently in operation next season....tales of 12/15k signing on fees and 1500 per week wages have been thrown at me today and even allowing for the usual smoke screens regarding such matters there will be much substance to it...

4 teams in connie sarf above 10k next season and several in ryman prem above 7k...

crikey........shocked

Originally Posted By: hopeful
we have the team to win the league, weve got the manager to win the league,if we are top of the table we will have 2,000 at home games (with or without nice toilets).

Hopeful, that is indeed hopeful.

Up the Optimists.

Uncs, that's the sort of information the members on MyFC have been wanting - a comparative picture. Why can't the Operator give us that sort of context - does he have no contacts? Now I've read your post on here, it will influence my vote on there smile

Originally Posted By: Jeff
Originally Posted By: hopeful
we have the team to win the league, weve got the manager to win the league,if we are top of the table we will have 2,000 at home games (with or without nice toilets).

Hopeful, that is indeed hopeful.

Up the Optimists.
Yes jeff, but also possible, its all about winning.If the club give liam the backing he deserves, im sure the town will turn out in their numbers.If we start the season mid table, all the interest from winning the trophy will be lost.

As I, and others, have said before, I hope your hopeful name won't be changed to disappointed, by this time next year.

For years plenty of hopefuls have gone to matches only to end up disappointed, at the end of the season.

The majority of the populace of Gravesham are just not interested in a Non League/Lower League team in their backyard.

Far too many distractions, top flight Football within an hours train journey, far too much live Football on TV.

Poor facilities in a rundown Stadium, not having the attendances to make moving to a new Stadium a reality, without cutting back somewhere else in the budget.

I sincerely hope to be proved wrong, but history would appear to prove me right.

Love or hate Gillingham, there is a prime example of peoples apathy towards such a club. With the catchment area of Medway, they should have been able to sustain a relatively high League position, allowing them to move to a bigger Stadium, that full houses would have enabled them to purchase. The last two or three seasons had seen them at their most successful, but they tried to do it without the support they deserved.

I hope we have informed realists and not pie-in-the-sky optimists running the Club!

okay...allowing for the usual bollox regarding such state secrets this is what I can ascertain as the budgetary order for the coming season...info received from several good sources at this level...no particular order just in three banks of alleged budget level...I have left ebbs in the lower category until after the forthcoming vote and please also bear in mind that there is always one or two that get on a role with a new backer during the summer and in that respect I am told that another one down there that I cannot name has just tied up a deal worth 400k per annum.!!!

its a reasonably accurate guide... no more than that and I hope it helps...

16 - 22k

Rushden & Diamonds

Burton Albion

Oxford United

Stevenage Borough

Kettering Town

------------------

12 - 15k

Cambridge United

Barrow

Salisbury City

Torquay United

Wrexham

Mansfield Town

York City

---------------

8 - 11k

Altrincham

Crawley Town

Eastbourne Borough

Ebbsfleet United

Forest Green Rovers

Grays Athletic

Histon

Kidderminster Harriers

Lewes

Northwich Victoria

Weymouth

Woking

-------------------

Can I throw a question in please people? The figures and stats on here are both well thought out and seemingly accurate. I agree that over stretching too soon would be potentially damning. Q; where in the scheme, going forward, are provisions being made for the youth development and retention of youth players that are showing promise. The budget has to surely include for possible future value to the club, both on the pitch and also in the transfer market when req'd, and therefor future income.With further limited funding Liam will have to 'juggle three handfuls of soot' to make it all work.

I was actually going to PM them to YF but thought better of it and went on here with them instead (nowt to do with you YF) as I am quite comfortable with the sources of info... so yes....please feel free to copy the post over there and I hope it helps the vote later this week...(mind you s'pose they vote for 23k)... bolt

grin

Originally Posted By: Uncle Urchin
I was actually going to PM them to YF but thought better of it and went on here with them instead (nowt to do with you YF) as I am quite comfortable with the sources of info... so yes....please feel free to copy the post over there and I hope it helps the vote later this week...(mind you s'pose they vote for 23k)... bolt

grin

Thanks, I'll see what happens grin

Originally Posted By: ronks41
Can I throw a question in please people? The figures and stats on here are both well thought out and seemingly accurate. I agree that over stretching too soon would be potentially damning. Q; where in the scheme, going forward, are provisions being made for the youth development and retention of youth players that are showing promise. The budget has to surely include for possible future value to the club, both on the pitch and also in the transfer market when req'd, and therefor future income.With further limited funding Liam will have to 'juggle three handfuls of soot' to make it all work.

All the more reason to sign your most precious commodity , ie, your best young player to a 2 year deal.
clearly Akinde, if his development continues at a steady pace is potentially destined for league 1 or even championship football - with a street value of say

Originally Posted By: Uncle Urchin

16 - 22k

Rushden & Diamonds
Burton Albion
Oxford United
Stevenage Borough
Kettering Town

Interesting figures Unc. Where's Rushden's sudden cash injection coming from? Lee Power? Certainly not their crowds.

Kettering is obviously from Ladaak, at least until he gets bored, but you also wonder how Burton are financing theirs. Their crowds now aren't bad, but not to the extent they can outspend Cambridge, Torquay and Wrexham in the long-term.

Lord Haw Haw says: 15,000 members joining next year it is equivalent to an extra 1,100 people at each home game. This still puts EUFC with less money than the likes of Oxford, Cambridge, Torquay, Mansfield, Wrexham from gate receipts alone.

Where did you dream that number up from, have you and Willie been rubbing your Crystal Balls together? You have no idea if anyone at all will join up next year! Figures like this(pure speculation) are what get Clubs into trouble when including them in projecting their next years budgets!