Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

What level of playingbudget would you have ?

Originally Posted By: American FLEET FAN No1
15,000 members joining next year You have no idea if anyone at all will join up next year! Figures like this(pure speculation) are what get Clubs into trouble when including them in projecting their next years budgets!

And if you bothered your [****!!****] to actually read what I wrote - rather than trying to spout off from the hip - you would see that it was Gaz that mentioned 15,000 members - not me. I make absolutely no assumptions about how many members MyFC will have next year - and I am arguing for a prudent approach to the budget as a result.

If the figures are acurate ish , then it looks like we should not be in with a chance of the play offs even, and that is if we push the boat out and go for a high end budget.

Its a big if, but if a reasonable number stay with MYFC over the medium term, do the team get the financial boost from MYFC after we get the payments out of the way ?

Income has to be boosted, just by checking for your insurance or house Insurance, MYFC gets over a pound at http://clkuk.tradedoubler.com/click?p=3431&a=1476338&g=17640

The figures quoted give us a large dose of financial reality. We are not the Chelsea of the conference, and it looks like the play offs would be a marvelous effort for next year.

Originally Posted By: doheochai
15,000 members joining next year You have no idea if anyone at all will join up next year! Figures like this(pure speculation) are what get Clubs into trouble when including them in projecting their next years budgets!

I think he might have meant MyFC would end up having 15000 members next year, not new members joining. That would make more sense.

And if you bothered your ar5e to actually read what I wrote - rather than trying to spout off from the hip -

and if you bothered your ar5e to understand that abusing decent fleet fans is not the way forward we may all move on...christ do you arrogant people never learn...

Yes, have to agree - our on-field money making opportunities are severely limited - any extra income has to come from activities away from the pitch as Charles has just said. Stonebridge Road just ain't up to generating it. We NEED a new stadium as something of a priority if we are to even consider stepping up in the world.

And if you bothered your [****!!****] to actually read what I wrote - rather than trying to spout off from the hip - you would see that it was Gaz that mentioned 15,000 members - not me. I make absolutely no assumptions about how many members MyFC will have next year - and I am arguing for a prudent approach to the budget as a result.

I did read what you wrote, and it was the usual dogsh!te
You did actually write:::: 15,000 members joining next year!

Originally Posted By: Charles Webster
Have you been to the Pirelli, Ed? Their banqueting facilities are amazing as is their general ability to generate non gate revenues. THAT'S how they compete and THAT's what we have got to aspire to. The sooner we get a new ground which can generate revenues other than gate receipts the better.

Unless something drastically changed after the Club aquired Beauwaters(Bowaters)Sports Club, then that should have brought in outside revenue.
Dance Hall and Function Room with sports facilities, what happened to that?

I knew I shouldn't have bother my ar5e

that would have been much more preferable to the crap that you keep posting on both sides of the great divide...your figures are flawed and do not add up to anything like the unaudited accounts posted on MyFc to keep the plebbs happy...

its all too transparent wanchai and the pressure is mounting....you may well have 250k in the bank but its all accounted for and spent...and debt mounting at the rate of 35k per month....

now UU may not be the most reliable source on the planet (well I got most of it right so far and certainly flushed you out) but you are simply above it in space (or beneath it...)

brooks and the web team gorn missing (cor blimey) and refusing to answer questions on the cesspits and the arm waving gaelic john cleese (aka wanchai - lord wah wah - bagdad bob.. can't all be wrong can we...?) arrives to fck up every thread (especially the budget vote one) right on cue....do you think these members and fleet fans are stupid....?

(hopefully not as your application for the post of CEO will be an unmitigated disaster...)

yes or no will suffice but I won't hold my breath...

Using Fleet leisure during the week as a conference centre, lecture hall ,change the hall to banqueting hall. lay a coach on match days a couple pound a head to the ground and back to the club after the game, so that the club gets used more etc etc.

Offer membership to locals(it used to have a five year waiting list), cheap beer(subsidise by the membership costs), get cabaret acts in on weekends. Hire out the Hall for weddings and functions..............Doesn't take a rocket scientist to run it at a profit..........Like Brian Fox did when he managed it for Bowaters!

Offer membership to locals(it used to have a five year waiting list), cheap beer(subsidise by the membership costs), get cabaret acts in on weekends. Hire out the Hall for weddings and functions..............Doesn't take a rocket scientist to run it at a profit..........Like Brian Fox did when he managed it for Bowaters!

As a side note Brian drinks in the Earl of Grey now. And his friend Les who used to do the raffles etc with him passed away.

brooks on the budget debate from the cesspit...am I missing something here grin

Westerly Ware

Member, Web Team

Westerly Ware

I once sat on Bobby Moore's shoulders. What else is there to say?

Posted: 4 Jun 2008 22:08

Quote/ Do we need a vote on how we're going to vote? But what if the result of that vote resulted from not the preferred method of voting?!!