Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

New Chairman and CEO announced

Originally Posted By: Uncle Urchin
Originally Posted By: Slartibartfast

Since you are the one who will have to work with him Digitalis I think your opinion carries slightly more weight than anyone elses.

don't agree slarti/davesnan....the opinion that matters most is the opinion of the 30,000 paymasters surely....they are the ones who will talk with their credit cards...

anyway its done now so lets wish both JM and DD all the best as it really does need to work...

Agreed 100%. It's good to have some clarity and someone officially at the helm.

I was actually referring to this "Gadgetman" fellow... smile

I have only met JM briefly but we'll soon rectify that.

And thanks for the good wishes, I'm going in with the best intentions for the club. I think/hope the 30000 will respond positively as things start to change - the Operator will be able to focus a lot more on the website, I'll be supplying regular progress updates over there and on here too. It's an interesting challenge.

Originally Posted By: Digitalis

And thanks for the good wishes, I'm going in with the best intentions for the club. I think/hope the 30000 will respond positively as things start to change - the Operator will be able to focus a lot more on the website, I'll be supplying regular progress updates over there and on here too. It's an interesting challenge.

Having met you several times I think you'll take this job on with great enthusiasm! excited

Both seem solid appointments, which should see us moving onwards - hopefully with decions actually being made rather than pontification.

A big welcome to both.

Hopefully Brian Kilkullen will be retained in his stadium acquisition capacity.

Just one sound word - drop the PTT and leave it to Liam. It is the only flaw in the whole scheme, and while the debate rumbles on, there will continue to be discontent in the ranks.

Those who want it are NOT true Fleet fans, just owners for one calender year, and tbh, the club would be better off and more unified without them.

And I would sign up, too!!!

Originally Posted By: Digitalis

I have had much to say about many things regarding this little fandango and I still feel its flawed....having said that I genuinely hope that you can drag it back from the mire and you also have my respect for having the balls to take it on...in a brave new footie world where forum experts talk a good deal and then get pi55ed and go home with a kebab you deserve success....I will say however that your lack of NL experience may bite you and in that respect you need to be strong in your dealings with your non exec chairman and also brooks....you cannot run with the hare and hunt with the hounds...

I shall keep off your back and support you as there is no other option.....happy hunting..

Originally Posted By: Hempstead Gaz
Both seem solid appointments, which should see us moving onwards - hopefully with decions actually being made rather than pontification.
A big welcome to both.
Just one sound word - drop the PTT and leave it to Liam. It is the only flaw in the whole scheme, and while the debate rumbles on, there will continue to be discontent in the ranks.
Those who want it are NOT true Fleet fans, just owners for one calender year, and tbh, the club would be better off and more unified without them.

But Gary isn't that the same as some locals saying that they would only come to games if the toilets improved? Or if we got to Wembley every year?

I can undertsand you not joining up because you don't agree with the entire concept and you can't see yourself signing up ever but I just can't see the logic to say that you're not going to sign up because of one or two things. Especially when you consider that you going on there making your opinions known can have an impact on things. You don't want a load of people picking the starting eleven of our precious club any more that I do yet if you don't register then you won't get a say.

Gowon, build a bridge.

Originally Posted By: Harry J Allstars
A big welcome to both.

But Gary isn't that the same as some locals saying that they would only come to games if the toilets improved? Or if we got to Wembley every year?

I can undertsand you not joining up because you don't agree with the entire concept and you can't see yourself signing up ever but I just can't see the logic to say that you're not going to sign up because of one or two things. Especially when you consider that you going on there making your opinions known can have an impact on things. You don't want a load of people picking the starting eleven of our precious club any more that I do yet if you don't register then you won't get a say.

Gowon, build a bridge.

Harry you are entirely right here. If Fleet fans want to influence it they have to do it from within. Some might think of this in the "Trojan Horse" sort of way, but of course people are wise to that possibility! From my experience of MyFC, the people from the club who have come on and engaged on a number of issues are very quickly listened to. Members want to hear what Fleet fans have to say, particularly those members from overseas. You can join in the debates as Harry says and you can make a real impact.

If fans do not like the way its run, and PTT fails badly, locals will vote with there feet, Myfc cannot afford to lose that 8/10,000 per a home game. It nothing to do with who is where its to do with making it work, as I say if PTT fails, Mainly due to lack of player/position/fitness/ and many other aspects knowledge that the PTT voters in the main will not have there will be no MYFC and maybe no Ebbsfleet. To say the home based fans have no input because they are not in MYFC is poppy [****!!****]

Everyone keeps telling me the MYFC forum is a hellhole of the worst kind.

its actually quite boring and repetitive gaz....a splattering of humour as you would expect with so many posters but mainly drivel and uneducated bollox.....

thats why I don't post on there....grin

Busta I just think that in every aspect of running things, it's helpful to have the original fans influencing the discussion. It is a bit of a talking shop, as Uncs says - but things do emerge and new ideas get taken on board. There's lots more to it than just the PTT issue, as you know.

Originally Posted By: BustaGut
If fans do not like the way its run, and PTT fails badly, locals will vote with there feet, Myfc cannot afford to lose that 8/10,000 per a home game. It nothing to do with who is where its to do with making it work, as I say if PTT fails, Mainly due to lack of player/position/fitness/ and many other aspects knowledge that the PTT voters in the main will not have there will be no MYFC and maybe no Ebbsfleet. To say the home based fans have no input because they are not in MYFC is poppy [****!!****]

That was exactly what I said in my manifesto statement and it very nearly got me onto the board.

However if I was in the position of a original fan of the club and been here long before MyFC came along then I wouldn't be saying that I won't sign up to MyFC just because of the PTT threat still looms large. Neither would I say that I'm waiting to see what happens and then if PTT goes tits up I'll stay away.

If PTT fails people will stay away, what then. We'd be relegated, Liam will be gone, MyFC would have followed him, attendances will be down to 300 again and Wembley will be nothing but a distant memory. But hey ho, at least we'll be right, it was never going to work.

If PTT happen's, and I hope that it doesn't, then I hope that it works. If it does happen then I hope for god's sake that it doesn't fail, that'll mean that the club will fail and then where will we be?

When I joined MyFC PTT was very much being touted as the "big draw" for members to focus upon and as the main pull. At the time, back in November, it really was as simple as....

Option 1 - Have PTT and Liam will have to do what we say.

or

Option 2 - Drop PTT and let Liam do it.

Now though, things are much more convoluted and are no longer as cut and dried. We now have the possibility of a "let the manager have my vote" button, Liam will tell us what he wants and we okay it and maybe even we submit our team to Liam and he jiggles is about a bit to more like what he wants.

This has all come about because of the good work of regulars from this site, Jeff (Barda), Jimmy and Slarti. Imagine if we had no fans on there! If you want my advice Gary then sign up now. The forum is not that bad, not for a battle hardened forumer like your good self.

Originally Posted By: Harry J Allstars

That was exactly what I said in my manifesto statement and it very nearly got me onto the board.

However if I was in the position of a original fan of the club and been here long before MyFC came along then I wouldn't be saying that I won't sign up to MyFC just because of the PTT threat still looms large. Neither would I say that I'm waiting to see what happens and then if PTT goes tits up I'll stay away.

If PTT fails people will stay away, what then. We'd be relegated, Liam will be gone, MyFC would have followed him, attendances will be down to 300 again and Wembley will be nothing but a distant memory. But hey ho, at least we'll be right, it was never going to work.

If PTT happen's, and I hope that it doesn't, then I hope that it works. If it does happen then I hope for god's sake that it doesn't fail, that'll mean that the club will fail and then where will we be?

When I joined MyFC PTT was very much being touted as the "big draw" for members to focus upon and as the main pull. At the time, back in November, it really was as simple as....

Option 1 - Have PTT and Liam will have to do what we say.

or

Option 2 - Drop PTT and let Liam do it.

Now though, things are much more convoluted and are no longer as cut and dried. We now have the possibility of a "let the manager have my vote" button, Liam will tell us what he wants and we okay it and maybe even we submit our team to Liam and he jiggles is about a bit to more like what he wants.

This has all come about because of the good work of regulars from this site, Jeff (Barda), Jimmy and Slarti. Imagine if we had no fans on there! If you want my advice Gary then sign up now. The forum is not that bad, not for a battle hardened forumer like your good self.

good post harry...

agreed... Our biggest way of influencing decisions will be by staying away.

I dont think it is appreciated the ground swell of locals against PTT, so if it comes in and we stay away..
The PR of being a fans based club whom have gone against the wishes of local and existing fans and forced them to stay away on principle will be a bridge I don't think that they will want to cross.

The power is not all within MYFC.

Originally Posted By: wobbly Wayne II

I dont think it is appreciated the ground swell of locals against PTT, so if it comes in and we stay away..
The PR of being a fans based club whom have gone against the wishes of local and existing fans and forced them to stay away on principle will be a bridge I don't think that they will want to cross.

staying away WW will not change things....boycotts work with about 30 people and after that its every man for himself....the deal is done and the owners have the power....your best hope is the integrity and ability of your new EBBS CEO.....yes he is/was brooks man but if he does have integrity he will seek out the cracks and mend them...

I am not saying that fans should stay away, as I want Ebbsfleet to survive. It is the just the nature of the beast, if PTT does not work, home based fans will stop going. As a local fan we have enough clout to get a manager voted out etc. As a local fan base we cannot get rid of 30,000, again our only imput if thats the correct term, is to vote with our feet. As I said before I think it will be agreed, that Liam will allocate a certain amount of players each week, and Myfc members will basically be picking Liams option, of a team for that match, by the virtue of the players he puts up for selection.

Good post Harry

Originally Posted By: Uncle Urchin
Originally Posted By: wobbly Wayne II

staying away WW will not change things....boycotts work with about 30 people and after that its every man for himself....the deal is done and the owners have the power....your best hope is the integrity and ability of your new EBBS CEO.....yes he is/was brooks man but if he does have integrity he will seek out the cracks and mend them...

Disagree .

I dont want to see the club suffer, but I also don't want it to become a joke.

There are some of us that are principled enough to make a stand on this. Maybe it is Canute like, but after all our county motto of 'Invicta' was derived from activities just up the road in swanscombe.

In the grounds of the Manor House at Swanscombe, Kent, the Invicta Memorial bears this inscription:- "Near this spot in the year 1067, by ancient tradition, Men of Kent and Kentish Men, carrying boughs on their shoulders and swords in their hands, met the invader William, Duke of Normandy. They offered peace if he would grant them ancient rights and liberties, otherwise war, and that most deadly. Their request was granted, and ever since, the motto of Kent has been "Invicta", meaning Unconquerable."

if PTT comes in, those men of kent and kentish men may once again pick up their boughs.

There is no malice to the guys brought in, I just hope that they see enough sense and guide the good ship Ebbsfleet through this tricky water and come to the right conclusions on this issue.