Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

New Chairman and CEO announced

Originally Posted By: doheochai

But MyFC is a very radicial idea. And part of its radicalism and attraction for many was the opportunity to PTT.
Without PTT I would be surprised if we got half of that.

Buying a club and then the owner expecting to be involved in every on field decision is not radical. Romanov and Abramovich (amongst others) were there well before you, and they had no idea of the playing aspect either. in my view that is what is being proposed at my club. I thought it was the prospect of these types that wanted people to go and try something different. Remove the PTT and I agree it is a radical approach, and one that I think has a chance of working.

Please don't try to scare us that we have no future without PTT being tried. It does not wash.

Originally Posted By: PatMan
Originally Posted By: Hempstead Gaz

Therein lies the problem. If after, say 10 games PTT is proving a disaster it will be scrapped. By then the play offs will be a tall order at best, and we will be looking at a season of mid table mediocrity.

Agree with that - but doubt that MyFC would be so quick as to change their minds after as little as 10 games...

I would expect a vote on a change of Head Coach prior to a vote on PTT to be scrapped, if it comes in.

Originally Posted By: wobbly Wayne II
Originally Posted By: doheochai

But MyFC is a very radicial idea. And part of its radicalism and attraction for many was the opportunity to PTT.
Without PTT I would be surprised if we got half of that.

Buying a club and then the owner expecting to be involved in every on field decision is not radical. Romanov and Abramovich (amongst others) were there well before you, and they had no idea of the playing aspect either. in my view that is what is being proposed at my club. I thought it was the prospect of these types that wanted people to go and try something different. Remove the PTT and I agree it is a radical approach, and one that I think has a chance of working.

Please don't try to scare us that we have no future without PTT being tried. It does not wash.

Just want to say that quotes not mine. grammar is to good, plus long words lol

Originally Posted By: wobbly Wayne II

I would expect a vote on a change of Head Coach prior to a vote on PTT to be scrapped, if it comes in.

Unfortunately, thats the most likely outcome if it doesn't work out... MyFC 'pick the team', the team don't win, MyFC sack the head coach!

In case you weren't aware Wobbly, the Invicta monument is now situated in the churchyard of SS Peter and Paul parish church. You and I may recall it being in the grounds of the then council office, but it was originally situated next to the A2 (Watling Street) where the locals had confronted William the Conquerer.

Incidentally, an early G&NFC Supporters Association badge I have depicts the white horse of Kent and the motto Invicta. I am not certain when the now familiar ship and football design was first adopted.

And UU, it is wishful thinking that the (admittedly now quite concreted over) Garden of England should ever be a part of Essex! Just concentrate on being a London overspill.

As the Sasha for Chairman comment was no doubt tongue in cheek, perhaps the PTT comment was too?

It is interesting to note that the Reporter and Messenger focus on the appointment of the new Chairman rather than the Chief Executive while arguably the CE will be the most important role. Also the Reporter states that Brian, while having relinquished his role as Chairman, will remain a director. Is this correct? And is the invisible Mr Levine to remain on the board of EUFC? Finally, will Mr Davis also become a director of the Club?

Originally Posted By: kmj
will Mr Davis also become a director of the Club?

you can have a non exec chairman and also non exec directors kmj but a CEO by nature of the title is executive and therefore a wholly accountable director of the ltd company (EUFCL)

Originally Posted By: kmj
is the invisible Mr Levine to remain on the board of EUFC?

does mr levine have any connections with any other kent based football club...?

It is interesting what you say about the CEO, but until I see the result of a Companies House search I really couldn't be sure what the arrangement is to be at the Club.

Mr Joshua Levine has been listed in the Matchday programme as being an interim director for some time now. No one I have ever asked knows the first thing about him. So I have no idea whether he is linked to any other football team in Kent or elsewhere or even likes the game!

I have since been given to understand that contrary to the information given in the Reporter, Brian K is not in fact remaining a director of EUFC Limited. That seems to mean that unless and until Mr Davis and Mr Moules become directors, the invisible Mr L is the only director in place. He is clearly a nominal figure and presumably will cease to be a director when the powers that be decide that he should resign.

[\quote]you can have a non exec chairman and also non exec directors kmj but a CEO by nature of the title is executive and therefore a wholly accountable director of the ltd company (EUFCL)[\quote]

Not necessarily so, a chief executive can be an employee but need not be on the Board of Directors

I suppose BK may always stay on as the new stadium consultant. Whether he is bothered by losing his directorship, only he can tell. Possibly he is glad to be in a position where he and the oother directors no longer have to keep baling the club out of the financial sh*t by way of loans.

Originally Posted By: JFW

Not necessarily so, a chief executive can be an employee but need not be on the Board of Directors

err sorry but you are wrong....executive means director in uk company law...CEO is therefore by nature of title an executive director and accountable under law...if said CEO does not submit a 288 he is still acountable by signing himself off as CEO and would be deemed to be a shadow director...still accountable...

different in the states I agree but this is little ol' ingurland...grin

Originally Posted By: Uncle Urchin
Originally Posted By: JFW

err sorry but you are wrong....executive means director in uk company law...CEO is therefore by nature of title an executive director and accountable under law...if said CEO does not submit a 288 he is still acountable by signing himself off as CEO and would be deemed to be a shadow director...still accountable...

different in the states I agree but this is little ol' ingurland...grin

Fair enough, but supposing the same person with the same role and responsibilities is called "General Manager"?

a manager can be non exec unless he is either a bankrupt (current) or disqualified as a director in which case he can only manage under written instructions from executives and the leave of the courts and then only with severe restrictions on his decision making...

DD is a CEO and therefore will be deemed to be a fully exceutive director and held responsible for any misfeasance/insolvent trading/fraud/any breach of company law/any breach of the insolvency act/transgression under the enterprise act 2001/breaches of 216/217 of said insolvency act and for not wearing a club tie (joke)....its onerous to the umpteenth degree...

DD is obviously not a mug and will therefore know all of this which is positive given that he has accepted the position...