Welcome to the new software - Please read! Read more... ×
Fans Focus - Non League football clubs
Sign in to follow this  
Eastside Urchin

Amy winehouse

I see that amy winehouse looked out of her face as usual on her set at glastonbury last night,but what puzzles me is that 24 hours before that event she was playing at Nelson mandellas 90th birthday party in London,why didn't the event organisers go the whole hog and invite pete docherty as well,or even dig up other ex smackheads from the past.Surely having such idiots entertaining at such a prestigious event is hardly saying drugs are bad for kids etc

We watched lasts nights programme,

Agree - She shouldn't be able to take the stage in that state, for as much her sake as others!

I found it distressing to watch such a talent implode, her parents must be at their wits end - there but for the grace of God.................

Thanks Sal, my opinion is that she's just another victim of a culture that's sadly creeping into the lives of everyone today - maybe some need to be parents to stand back and see the bigger picture - no one knows whats around the corner for our children/grandchildren

It's easy to moralise - as I said before............there but for the grace of God go I

Hope she gets and accepts the help she needs

she has made certain choices in her life which are wrong.

She has had opportunities that others can only dream about.

People who want to kick certain habits can only if they want to,the world is full of people who have kicked their habits because of hard work and is full of others who haven't because they simply don't want to

Originally Posted By: Urchin Mentalist
she has made certain choices in her life which are wrong.
She has had opportunities that others can only dream about.
People who want to kick certain habits can only if they want to,the world is full of people who have kicked their habits because of hard work and is full of others who haven't because they simply don't want to

im trying to kick this forum habit...is there anywhere i can get counselling UM smile

Understand where you're coming from but we have all made sh*t decisions in life, especially when young and lets face it how many of us listened to their parents, she has been thrust into an environment which most of us will never see, with no coping strategies in place - how can she have?

I feel sorry for the talented child she was before an Industry had a hand in destroying her - hopefully she is not beyond help

Originally Posted By: Mrs Keeps
maybe some need to be parents to stand back and see the bigger picture - no one knows whats around the corner for our children/grandchildren

Like giving their fifteen year old kids

Originally Posted By: Rhodes
Originally Posted By: Mrs Keeps
maybe some need to be parents to stand back and see the bigger picture - no one knows whats around the corner for our children/grandchildren

Like giving their fifteen year old kids

I thought you told me that Unc was a bankrupt in confidence too!

Originally Posted By: Annie
poor woman needs more than help at rehab!
press should leave her alone.
she has a great voice
, i like some of her songs, but feel that the ways she acts towards drugs and alcohol, is not a good example to set to fans especially of a young age.

Agree Annie, British Press like nothing more than to build up, only to knock 'em down - nothing new there, she does have a great voice - despite being 'out of it' last night you could still appreciate the vocals, just a crying shame

amy winehouse is more in the press now because of her habit,she was never really in the press until they realised she was a smack head.

I can half understand someone who has nothing in life and has taken knock after knock becoming an addict,not someone with talent and the world at their feet.

Anyone who says that it is the pressure,is looking at it from a very molicodled angle

read all the rants UM but aint sure I agree with you...we all do things to excess and we have all.. at sometime I am sure.. taken (to excess) substances that are not good for us....drink...fags...drugs...sex...rock and roll...

we sadly live in a world where the derider and accuser is more widely listened to than the creator...mostly double standards...?

Originally Posted By: Uncle Urchin
read all the rants UM but aint sure I agree with you...we all do things to excess and we have all.. at sometime I am sure.. taken (to excess) substances that are not good for us....drink...fags...drugs...sex...rock and roll...

we sadly live in a world where the derider and accuser is more widely listened to than the creator...mostly double standards...?

Lol, yes Uncs - and all of the above grin

Originally Posted By: Darter
Originally Posted By: Uncle Urchin

Lol, yes Uncs - and all of the above grin

we all know amy's dad mitch well sal...a real character in essex and no mean singer himself....great guy and he'll be sad to see amy as she is...he'll be around somewhere trying to deal with it all...