Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Players In and Out

St Leonard

Is releasing Will Dunlop and replacing him with Dave Tilbury a step forward?

Is releasing Jon Case and replacing him with Paul Coyne a Step Forward?

Is releasing Liam Greer and replacing him with Chris Cahill a step forward?

I can't see it myself.

Very disappointed with the release of Dunlop and still cant get over Ifura's release last year. For me those were 2 young and very impressive centre backs and in my opinion the best 2 centre backs at the club. Now we have 3 old boys at the back with absolutely no pace or skill who all continue to 'hoof' the ball.

Jon Case was a great player, Injuries maybe didn't help his cause but he would be in my 11 anyday.

And why is Chris Cahill now good enough with arguable a stronger squad then the previous 10 times he has joined and been released? He has never been any good in any position he has played and was struggling to get a game for Marlow and Chertsey last season.

With the finish last season I was really looking forward to this year which promised to be even better. Now I cant get excited about watching Tilbury, Coyne or Cahill though.

What next, Mark Burgess to return.......?!? That would just about cap it off

Nobody has been released, the players in question left. All were wanted by Scotty to be part of this seasons' squad along with a few new additions.

Will was being chased by Jamie Jarvis and in most peoples' opinions has taken the easy option to go there rather than fight for a place here. Liam Grier has had his money doubled by walton Casuals and we won't be held to ransom. I don't know what's happened to Casey as we're informed he hasn't actually gone anywhere yet and is training with a personal trainer as opposed to another club.

The above are facts whilst personal comments about the 3 old boys at the back as you put it are your opinions and not necessarily those of anyone else. Cooper and Butler were rock-solid at the back last year and can hoof a ball when required but they also know how to run with or pass a ball when the situation allows as well. Most of our goals conceded last season came from the wings where the wingers weren't doing their jobs protecting the full-backs or from set-pieces where people weren't taking up positions they were supposed to and even that changed as the season progressed as Keith/Jim were able to have an influence on the training pitch.

With regards to the incoming players the two Leighton boys come with a great pedigree both having won player of the year awards for last season, Coyne was always going to come back at some stage and could be the best midfielder in the league whilst Tilbs and Cahill will add experience to the squad but I can't see much for them other than bench appearances.

I don't know what you expected to see but you can't keep making wholesale changes year in year out and expect a settled team. The loss of three players we expected to be here is a blow but not such a blow that we can't overcome it.

Originally Posted By: Windsor_Sec

The above are facts whilst personal comments about the 3 old boys at the back as you put it are your opinions and not necessarily those of anyone else.

I thought that was the point of Discussion Forums, to put personal opinions on them?

I dont think ive ever seen Tilbury, Butler or Cooper ever 'run with or pass pass a ball when the situation allows' either, but again thats my Opinion.

Im just disappointed that in my opinion the 3 players who have been released / moved on have been replaced by weaker players which weren't good enough on their previous times with the club.

I can understand that Will wants to leave but Butler and Coops were superb last season.

I'd be surprised if he didn't go to Beaconsfield.

Coyne is a big plus for us. Glad he's back.

I agree that Cahil and Tilbs aren't the best but will make good squad players.

Looking forward to the new season.

What is happening with the Goalkeeper situation?

No, Seb was always going back to Brentford where I believe he has now been given a pro-contract.

With the friendly on Tuesday I am sure we will find out more about the keeper situation.

Originally Posted By: Windsor_Sec

Will was being chased by Jamie Jarvis and in most peoples' opinions has taken the easy option to go there rather than fight for a place here.

Incidentally Windsor Sec by your own admission that is an opinion and therefore is incorrectly placed in your "facts" section.

It is all a bit Orwellian on here. Good for a chuckle mind.