Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Fridays Game

Dillinger

Originally Posted By: ken
Glad he is taking pre season more seriously than he did when he was at Canvey

As far as the making money part goes I have no evidence, only knowing the type of man Jeff is (a business man) he wouldn

it is clutching at straws, but people seem to think that they put all the money in and got nothing back which is just stupid to think. the advertising revenue is true though, i just doubt if they utilised it properly. and the beer money that is allot of revenue. especially if you look into the amount the cost lowers the more you buy. plus what the hell happened to my

Thank you for your admissions, Ken, that you have no proof for your allegations and that you have very little business expertise....

Jeff King is a very rich man. And one of the advantages of being a very rich man is that you have the freedom to indulge your habits. And for many years the habit which Jeff King was desireous to indulge was to manage and fund Canvey Island Football Club. Steve Kent does it at Billericay; Lee Harding does it at Braintree; Fisher.... And virtually any club in the top half of the Ryman Premier or above with gates averaging below 400 probably has a "mini-Jeff King...."

I'm thanking Ken. Yes, I'll be there! It will be a great atmosphere I'm sure with the Canvey players, management and supporters anxious to embarrasss their former players and management! These are the 21 players we used at Witham on Saturday. How many of these "took the King's shilling" as it were-

1 Danny Gay

2 Chris Duffy

3 Ian Cousins

4 Andy Duncan

14 Steve Ward

5 Jon Keeling

? Dave Rainford (No Number)

7 Ollie Berquez

9 Kevin James

10 Bertie Brayley

11 Ricky Holmes

17 Ashley Harrison

6 Lee Protheroe

8 Aidan Collins

17 Steve Robinson

14 Jeff Minton

12 Stuart Ainsley

16 Spencer Knight

? James Lawson (No Number)

10 Danny Webb

18 Jason Hallett

Out of that lot 11, i make it - but not all went direct from Canvey to Chelmsford.

Re the Kings finance debate - I think it is irrelevant what he did or didn't put in. His investment was solely in pursuit of his aspirations - as from a 'business' perspective, no matter how you wrap it, non-league football is financial suicide. Hence emotion is the driver (as in Jeff's case).

Originally Posted By: LOS
Out of that lot 11, i make it - but not all went direct from Canvey to Chelmsford.

Re the Kings finance debate - I think it is irrelevant what he did or didn't put in. His investment was solely in pursuit of his aspirations - as from a 'business' perspective, no matter how you wrap it, non-league football is financial suicide. Hence emotion is the driver (as in Jeff's case).

Agreed.

Wouldn't surprise me to see him back at Staines.