Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

08/09 Season Tickets

mal316

About the fans behind the goal some of us do make the odd remark that no one likes but there is no harm in it!

may I cast your mind back to the Chesham game where we had kids shouting abuse and throwing things at us!!! or the Taunton fans who seem to go every week just to wind up the other fans and occasionally have a fight with opposite fans!!!

I would say a few comments at the ref were there is no harm intended seems a petty reason to outcast us behind the goal when compared to these!!

Hammerman as a liberal you should be ashamed of yourself, I thought you guys cared about the environment??? Jetting off all over Europe to watch lower league football matches isn't exactly going to help save the polar bears is it. Your carbon footprint must be enormous!

My advice would be to buy a smart car that runs on bio fuels and throw away your Ryanair platinum membership card, if you don't Stag Meadow could be under water in a few decades time and it will be all your fault. © The Independent

However well done for kicking off a proper debate on this forum.

For one horrible moment, I thought I was on the CCL Forum !!

GREAT STUFF !

bolt

Originally Posted By: Mrs_Cat
Hammerman as a liberal you should be ashamed of yourself, I thought you guys cared about the environment??? Jetting off all over Europe to watch lower league football matches isn't exactly going to help save the polar bears is it. Your carbon footprint must be enormous!

My advice would be to buy a smart car that runs on bio fuels and throw away your Ryanair platinum membership card, if you don't Stag Meadow could be under water in a few decades time and it will be all your fault. © The Independent

However well done for kicking off a proper debate on this forum.

I pay the carbon offsetting tax on planes that supposedly helps the enviroment. In other words it goes into their pockets.

• 2 weeks later...

Agreed, Trout, and I also don't think the club does enough to attract in locals.

To begin with matches are hardly publicised. I live in quite a new-build street, only opposite Combermere Barracks so very close: and most people here are new or recent returnees to Windsor. But until I started calling on neighbours none of them even realised there was a local club so near. It's not as though they won't come, either: I brought a group of ten to one of our last matches last season, and this year one of them's bought a season ticket... he was convinced by the football, the passion and - yes - the buzz behind the goal. Although I agree with Woody, he won't bring his children for fear they'd repeat the words they hear shouted at the pitch...

And letting children in - it's s obvious and we've been suggesting it for years. Never mind 'trial schemes', occasional cheap days etc: no one ever knows when these are, it's complicated, and it doesn't breed loyalty. Just make a set rule: children (say 5+) free with a paying adult, otherwise

Originally Posted By: dansilk
And letting children in - it's s obvious and we've been suggesting it for years. Never mind 'trial schemes', occasional cheap days etc: no one ever knows when these are, it's complicated, and it doesn't breed loyalty. Just make a set rule: children (say 5+) free with a paying adult, otherwise

I noticed last night in the Cri ( before i lost the ablilty to see) that they have one of the posters that were made by the supporters club a while ago advertising our away game against Gosport! Pubs are one of the key area's we should be targetting. Perhaps the supporters club could be re-started and do more along these lines.

Not so long ago we had an active supporters' club which amongst other things used to distribute fixture posters to local shops, pubs, etc. Things like that always help on the publicity side along with good coverage in the local press but, other than that, how do you publicise the club to the people of Windsor?

Leaflet drops work but are very expensive unless you get volunteers to do it free of charge, I work for a new company in Windsor that has just paid

The Supporters Club is still active and the members have recently been discussing ideas to boost funds within the club.

Firstly, we are looking into getting a new freeview box for the main bar that will allow us to show live football through Setanta (or whatever it's called).

Secondly, we will be looking at changing the options within the club shop so that rather tie up money with physical stock we would would be showing a selection of items and order according to the individual's size and colour choice.

I, and the other Supporters Club committee members will be meeting soon to discuss other ways of raising money for the club.