Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

08/09 Season Tickets

mal316

Originally Posted By: windsorfc
Unfortunatly, due to the overpaid, overhyped premadonnas in the Premiership football at all levels has had to change.

The money to run a football club, especially wages has risen hugely in recent years.

To compete, Windsor must get good players for the league we are in, and they cost money. One contribution to payfor this is through the turnstiles.

If people stop going to premiership games (including you hammerman) the clubs wont be able to pay the players so much and hopefully that will filter down to our level.

Hammerman you have your opinion and thats fine. But you cannot compare prices in different countries. A lot of things are cheaper abroard.

You can buy better lager abroad a lot cheaper, but that doesnt stop you buying lager here does it?

Also I think your comments were a bit harsh about the people that run the club. Everyone down there has a full time job and thier association with windsor is voluntary. Im sure the club would welcome someone else to come down and help if you're offering.

My days of offering to do work down at Windsor are long gone.

I know of a few people that would like to watch windsor but are put off by the price and also the few idiots behind the goal. They want to take their children but are worried about the language.

I am stating that I went to a game in German which cost 8 euros to stand up. As I travel often I get the chance to take in alot of International Football.
You can drink in nearly all grounds in europe.

Football in this country is a rip and that is all through the leagues.

If anyone has a problem with this then they can speak to me at the Bedfont game.

Originally Posted By: mal316
Originally Posted By: Hammerman
7 quid is too much for what you get. I wont be going down, if I can help it, at all this year as I prefer the away trips.
I can't stand the crap beer and the tossers that run this club.

Fine, your opinion and your entitled to that.

Originally Posted By: MISM - WEFC
hammerman you keep going on about the cost of a top flight german game, that is all well and good if your in germany!!! i seriously doubt you will get a flight and your ticket for less then 8 quid!

the football we are seeing is a vast improvement on last season and we came close! only time will tell but i can us getting at least a play off spot.

btw you will get the same s**t beer at all the other grounds and the same admission price so whats the difference in attending the away games? the way i see it you will give other clubs your money but moan about paying the same to get into the club you supposedly support.

Cost of Flight

Originally Posted By: Humpty2008
It all boils down to how much you support and like your Team. True Windsor fans will pay whatever admission price is stated as it is their team and they are part of that community. The Social side is good too the fans behind the goal sing, laugh and rip the $h1t out of each other all the time in the name of fun and for the team.

Even if it it was bumped up to a tenner. I would still keep coming I have watched Windsor in to many up and downs and made too many friend to quit over the admission price.

So if the club charged

You do make some valid points and debate is good for everyone.

the point about the behind the goal antics is especially valid as

the swearing is offputting especially when taking young children

equally offputting is the constant barracking of the referee and match officials, its about time more respect was shown after all they are dong a job sometimes right sometime wrong.

lets hope for some improvement more cheering the team on and less vulgarity

Hope away for that...it will not happen!!! Some people are a lost cause when it comes to that i fear. Why do you think people have started standing in the punto stand etc

Also Steve with regards to prices i am sure the club are going to be doing some sort of deals at some games so people unwilling to pay 8 quid will get a chance to get in cheaper and watch a full 90 mins rather than for free and watch one half. I wonder if the club locked its gates would they just stay away or decide they do want to watch the game and pay full wack...or just look over the fence instead!?

As for the advertising on the roof good idea. I seem to Rememeber Scottie worked at the Observer selling adverts etc so i am sure he'll have a few ideas that the board could listen to!!

3. Windsor DO NOT play good football. If they did they would be in a better league in front of a good crowd instead of just scrapping 100.
Playing well in a few friendlies don't prove anything.
Also you would say that Malc as you are part of the Team!

You have either totally mis-read what I have written or don't want to read it.

We were not playing good enough football last season in the key games, but so far with the pre-season games there has been a hugh improvement in the quality.

OK, Holyport are a couple of divisions below us but you always have a game like that for your first one. Against Wealdstone we looked good, played the ball around, looked sharp and ended up beating a premier division side.

We did very well against QPR and should have beaten what was a very strong side. Then we see off another premier side in Hemel, so to say that we are not playing good football is unfair.

Also, whether I am a part of the team or not has no bearing on my comments.

Out of date website details!

OK Hammerman, if you would like to point out what is out of date, excluding anything from Saturday's game, then I will correct it for you.

3. Windsor DO NOT play good football. If they did they would be in a better league in front of a good crowd instead of just scrapping 100.
Playing well in a few friendlies don't prove anything.
Also you would say that Malc as you are part of the Team!

You have either totally mis-read what I have written or don't want to read it.

We were not playing good enough football last season in the key games, but so far with the pre-season games there has been a hugh improvement in the quality.

OK, Holyport are a couple of divisions below us but you always have a game like that for your first one. Against Wealdstone we looked good, played the ball around, looked sharp and ended up beating a premier division side.

We did very well against QPR and should have beaten what was a very strong side. Then we see off another premier side in Hemel, so to say that we are not playing good football is unfair.

Also, whether I am a part of the team or not has no bearing on my comments.

What a load of [****!!****]!

They are friendlies for godsake. Who cares about friendlies.
From what I saw of last season we didn't play well.
We didn't play well against Holyport who should have scored at least 4.

You will always be closer to the team than the fans Malc as you have always been like it. I have seen you on the coach giving it the big one.

The best bet is to leave the playing side untill 3 months into the season when suspensions and injury take play.
When windsor aren't in the playoffs and struggling as usual.

Every season they seem to get their hopes up only to be shot down after 3 months.

I will agree to disagree with you.

OK Hammerman, if you would like to point out what is out of date, excluding anything from Saturday's game, then I will correct it for you.

The details for the next game which is Hemel according to our website!
Waiting to read a match report or updated table only to find they go up 3 weeks later.

If I need to find out match reports its better to read the forum as the site is usually out of date unless windsor win!

Originally Posted By: Woody WEFC
Hope away for that...it will not happen!!! Some people are a lost cause when it comes to that i fear. Why do you think people have started standing in the punto stand etc

Also Steve with regards to prices i am sure the club are going to be doing some sort of deals at some games so people unwilling to pay 8 quid will get a chance to get in cheaper and watch a full 90 mins rather than for free and watch one half. I wonder if the club locked its gates would they just stay away or decide they do want to watch the game and pay full wack...or just look over the fence instead!?

As for the advertising on the roof good idea. I seem to Rememeber Scottie worked at the Observer selling adverts etc so i am sure he'll have a few ideas that the board could listen to!!

Woody,
I've been banging on about this at supporters meeting before only to say they were looking into it.
How long does it take.
Slough have set a good example but by reducing Kids fares and windsor should do the same.
If it was me I would do it for free for kids under the age of 12.
The amount of money spend on food and drink would be worth it.

I would pay to watch Windsor for any price if I could afford it. Ok it doesn't neccessarly mean you are not a True support but if you wanted to go that badly you would pay. Windsor are never going to attract a big crowd even if we did lower the prices and no matter how high we go up in the divisions. We are a small club in a town full of tourists who would most likely go to games in London, Reading, Wycombe and most probably Maidenhead before they would decide to see us.

The Social side is not good at all clubs. some look like ghost towns!!!!

Don't tarnish all people behind the goal with the same brush. Ok so some of our supporters are over the top in games but they are there week in week out and pay for the previliedge of being able to voice their opinion whether we like it or not.

Plus half the point of debating and moaning at referee's in football is part of the game. We will not always agree with his decision.

Hammerman do you agree with Alison Chapman?

Waiting to read a match report or updated table only to find they go up 3 weeks later.

If I need to find out match reports its better to read the forum as the site is usually out of date unless windsor win!

As I said before you have chosen to mis-read what I said.

Excluding anything from Saturday what is out of date?

I changed the tables link over six months ago to point directly to the BGB website as it was proving too time consuming to continually update the tables. The reports have been pretty much up straight away of late since finding other people to help write them and that should be continuing this season as well.

Woody,
I've been banging on about this at supporters meeting before only to say they were looking into it.
How long does it take.
Slough have set a good example but by reducing Kids fares and windsor should do the same.
If it was me I would do it for free for kids under the age of 12.
The amount of money spend on food and drink would be worth it.

Hammerman, I refer you to WindsorSec's comment at the start of this thread:-

At a management meeting last week this very issue was discussed [kids not season tickets!] and the club will be initiating some trial schemes throughout the season to encourage younger supporters to come along such as 'kid for a quid' matches and free tickets for schools.

Originally Posted By: Humpty2008
I would pay to watch Windsor for any price if I could afford it. Ok it doesn't neccessarly mean you are not a True support but if you wanted to go that badly you would pay. Windsor are never going to attract a big crowd even if we did lower the prices and no matter how high we go up in the divisions. We are a small club in a town full of tourists who would most likely go to games in London, Reading, Wycombe and most probably Maidenhead before they would decide to see us.

The Social side is not good at all clubs. some look like ghost towns!!!!

Don't tarnish all people behind the goal with the same brush. Ok so some of our supporters are over the top in games but they are there week in week out and pay for the previliedge of being able to voice their opinion whether we like it or not.

Plus half the point of debating and moaning at referee's in football is part of the game. We will not always agree with his decision.

Hammerman do you agree with Alison Chapman?

Thanks Humpty for the Comments. I understand that you can't tar everyone with the same brush and I apologise to those that I have upset. I know who they are and so do you.

I agree about the ref comments but then there are times when is very obvious they have got it right and you here very poor remarks.

Good luck for the rest of the season Humpty.

As I said before you have chosen to mis-read what I said.

Excluding anything from Saturday what is out of date?

I changed the tables link over six months ago to point directly to the BGB website as it was proving too time consuming to continually update the tables. The reports have been pretty much up straight away of late since finding other people to help write them and that should be continuing this season as well.

I should have put I was talking about the league last season.
Thanks for the explanation about the league table.

its only opinions just as you have a right to disagree with those who dont like the behind the goal imaturities, people have a right to their say.

my only disagreement was the public slagging off of hose who run the club, easy to criticise when your not prepared to get off your backside yourself.

The website is excellnt in my opinion, only criticism is the club shop section where it says will be up shortly when its been like that for 18 months at least, better not to have it their if it remains empty.