Welcome to the new software - Please read! Read more... ×
Fans Focus - Non League football clubs
Sign in to follow this  
Laz

Conference Relegation

Sorry if this has already been discussed on here, but I wondered if anyone knows which team is being relegated to the Ryman from the Conference. Southport are too far North and both Nuneaton and Kettering would probably prefer the Dr Martins.

Has anyone heard any rumours?

Apparently Chelmsford are going to move from the Doc Martens to the Ryman League as with Nuneaton and Kettering going into the Doc Martens one club will need to move. I've heard that it's supposed to be Chelmsford but nothing has been confirmed.

I thought one might move over, but I was expecting Crawley, I forgot about Chelmsford. Do they have a ground yet?

That would make a nice derby for you Yellow, but another nasty trip to Essex for us. As you know, we don't have a very good record there.

Supposedly Chelmsford are moving into a new temporary ground at Melbourne Park near Christmas whilst they await the results of the decision for their new ground at Boreham(not Wood!!)

They need to raise about £40,000 for the stands and stuff at Melbourne Park but apparently the lottery people won't give them a grant because it's only a temporary ground. So they have to raise the money themselves!

It looks like another visit to New Lodge next season (twice in one season, that is too much to stomach!)

I agree, the Lodge is a dump. Look up ramshackle in the dictionary and there's a picture of the Lodge in there.

They wanted to swap with us didn't they, but when we voted, all the boring, home game only old gits, decided to stay in the Ryman so we can play Harrow every year.

Well I prefer Eastbourne Boro, who have won promotion from the Doc Martens Eastern.

Could you imagine EFM causing havoc in the upper class posh restraints of Eastbourne. All those old dears would have heart attacks!

I was looking forward to Bognor last year, but it is starting to look like Lewes will come up. I hope they don't just relegate the three as I have dreams of both Boreham Woood and Heybridge going down.

Zealster, I think Lewes are behind at the moment but are at home Saturday. Bognor are away. Lewes is a bit boring. They don't have any fans.

We have seven turnstiles.

Quote:
Could you imagine EFM causing havoc in the upper class posh restraints

EFM cause havoc in the upper class posh areas of Hertfordshire (well, St. Albans) anyway..

Laz. So much for me starting up the Havant firm then.

It won't be Carlisle then. I assume you have enough points now.

I expected you on here earlier HB?

Either Exeter or Swansea.

I had heard that the conference were unwilling to accept Swansea for various reasons, one of which was to do with it being an English league (something to do with Merthyr being refused entry as well) and that they would have to play in the League of Wales if relegated, where there is no promotion.

They were probably unwilling to accept Swansea on the grounds that their fans are out of control. There was even an incident a few weeks back when Carlisle won there when they couldn't get a Carlisle player to take a corner because of the various bits of seats etc raining down onto the pitch.

A long time friend of mine's getting married on Saturday - he's an Exeter fan, and is getting married on the pitch before the game (first marriage on the pitch there apparently). The win last night removes what could have been a very tricky situation for me, and I now really hope Exeter win. It's why I can't make City Saturday (and why I wasn't there last Saturday - was on the stag in York, watching Exeter win 2-0 there between drinking sessions, and my mate getting presented with a signed framed shirt from Uri Geller himself...). Bit of a bugger having to miss the last two City games, but what can you do.