Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

SSML Results Thread

BedfordSub - I'm surprised Special1 hasn't been on yet to give his version of events, the report isn't on their Website as yet but no doubt Sport London e Benfica should have got all three points and were robbed blind. Hector thinks that, a bit lik Kentish Town last season, they are more than capable of getting promotion as long as they let their football do the talking and don't get involved in all the silliness like conning Referees and worrying about locked dressing rooms.

Well obviously I know that but I'm talking about the Sport London e Benfica's spokesman on here who is also their Manager, you may have noticed him in the dugout at McMullen Park on Saturday unless you mistook him for a statue as he never moves a muscle during a game. Incidentally is McMullen still your Coach this season, you were certainly moving in the right direction under him last season.

Originally Posted By: Rhodes
Originally Posted By: Uncle Urchin

3 3 Brimsdown Rovers v Tring Athletic

An excellent game by the sounds of it, I think Tring could upset one or two applecarts this season:

http://www.tafc.co.uk/report.php?fixture_id=792&PHPSESSID=c3156839784909a19b60607912492874

good game but to be honest we should have shut up shop after going 2-0 up then i had a good chance to make it 3-0 but was cleared off the line i think if that wen it 3 points were in the bag. But it was such a flukey 93rd min O.G we desearved the 3 points.

Found this report on the Cranfield 2 V 4 Winslow United Game

Sat 9th August First League Fixture

Cranfield United 2 V 4 Winslow United

A superb hat-trick from the returning Chirs Hill and a debutant goal from Ian Pearce. The first goal was a superb free kick from the edge of the area which left the keeper rooted to the spot as the ball found the bottom right hand corner of the goal, the 2nd goal came from a corner taken by andy goates which ryan wiffen won and headed down into the path of Chris Hill who acrobatically volleyed into the top left hand corner of the net things were looking good 2-0 up 35 minutes gone but then came our problem from last season a very soft goal conceded came from a nothing ball which we failed to deal resulted in the right back looping a header over the keeper and ryan wiffen on the line tried 2 clear but just couldnt reach the ball. HT 2-1.

Cranfield came out and got the equaliser as we got caught square and a through ball found its way through to stuart reynolds who confinedtly sloted past the goalkeeper. We were looking shaky at this point and it couldve gone either way untill our fitness started to tell and we started to dominate the game again and a mazy run from chris hill which left the defence for dead and he squared a ball to ian pearce who slotted home to put us 3-2 up again at this point cranfield looked dead and buried and another mazy run from chris hill which he took round 3 defenders before firing an unstoppable shot past the goalkeeper FT 4-2

Verdict: The first time we have won the opening game of the season since we beat Abbey National by the same score-line in the opening game of the 2002-2003 season.

A great start to the season against a very strong Cranfield United side who will win more than they lose this season and were heard talking about how they were going to win the season this year and i hope they enjoyed there

Originally Posted By: footballnut08
and i hope they enjoyed there

Surprised Cranfield are paying as they have always been against that. Knowing the committee I bet there were a few disgruntled voices at the result if they are paying! Would help to explain how they have got Stuart Reynolds and others over there.

I'm sure Special1 will be on with an opinion sooner or later - like I said they have improved their approach to English football and I expect they will compete all season.

As McMullen will expect us too !

Originally Posted By: BedfordSub
Surprised Cranfield are paying as they have always been against that. Knowing the committee I bet there were a few disgruntled voices at the result if they are paying! Would help to explain how they have got Stuart Reynolds and others over there.

They are not paying at Cranfield - I am not sure how Winslow have been informed of this.

Chris Hill - has re-joined Winslow after a successful spell at Ardley in the Hellenic Premier.

Good player!

Cranfield, a very new team that have been playing well in pre-season but not good on Saturday and beaten by an average Winslow side.

That is Chesney Hawkes, he has even got the mole above his upper lip. I think Craig Connell has a lot to do with Cranfield paying their players, he is working hard at Crawley Road but I don't think throwing money at it is the answer.

well i was down there to watch and i have to say that before if they were told to keep it quiet the players obviously didn't know as they took great joy in talking to each other and the winslow players about how much they were getting i think thats how they know oh and the brown envelopes being passed round after the game to the players doh

ICU Jimmy - It should be an interesting one at Kings Langley on Saturday who have hit the ground running. I take it you fancy your chances tonight against Ampthill Town.