Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Monday's Game at Lewes

I understand that the bar is closed at half time. They would be able to keep it open at half-time and right through the match if they put up blackout blinds and employed extra stewards to ensure no-one took their beer out of the bar building. Whilst they did this for a game my mates went to there recently (pre-season friendly v Brighton) it appears that was a one-off based on the large numbers of away fans there making it worthwhile.

Originally Posted By: clowntown
Originally Posted By: MrMushroom
As it has been some time since I have been there, I'm not sure about the pubs. There used to be a couple of good ones just up the hill from the station towards the town centre but I could not vouch for them these days.

A thid of the pubs in town are tied to the local brewery Harveys and all the other pubs also sell their signature beer, the totally horrible Harvey's Best.

Yet again I find myself disagreeing with you, Clowntown. I'm sure it is just a matter of taste but I really like Harvey's Best. It is a very fruity and hoppy brew with a good bitter aftertaste - excellent for those that like that style of real ale. Those who prefer a sweeter, maltier brew are unlikely to enjoy it.

However, I do agree with out about the witches & warlocks - lots of strange goings on up on the downs.

Back to tomorrows game. Due to family commitments, I won't be able to attend, but will be listening via a tin can and a very long piece of string.

A word of warning, look out for one Joe Keehan (20). Midfielder, signed from Crawley this summer. Four games, three bookings and no goals. According to his stats, he gets booked within the last twenty minutes. Lewes are usually losing by this time, and I'd guess Joe is knackerd by then. If Akinde doesn't make a start, fifteen minutes into the second half sounds like an ideal time to bring him on.

Originally Posted By: Riverview Supporter
Originally Posted By: Harry J Allstars
Hannah will be though, thank god.

Im sure Hannah will be a more then adequate replacement. Does she know the rules to the little chef game.

The Little Chef.................Now there would be an improvement to Americas Fast Food Chains........................NOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! evil

You were lucky you were at work, Bernard. A generally lack lustre performance today - I think their keeper only had 1save to make and that wasfrom a looping Gash header.

Lance didnt have much to do either - most of their efforts were comfortable long range efforts or crosses, although we were fortunate with the one that hit the bar.

We left our best efforts to the last 5 or10 minutes, when we had acouple of good penalty shouts - in all honesty, though, we didnt really deserve to come home with morethan 1 point.

Our best players today were probably Darius who was very solid at the back, and Moore, again, who was the only one who really looked capable ofcreating agoal up front for the most part.

A shame we couldnt win today as we'd have gone 3rd had we done so. On the other hand, we have still moved a point closer to the leaders after Cambridge surprisingly lost to Kettering

We looked fairly clueless today in terms of creating chances let alone scoring. A game where I thought George could have had a real impact were he given more time.

On the plus side...another point, another clean sheet, another outstanding dispaly from Darius and Jamie Hand looked like someone who wanted to play the simple ball on the ground (it'll never catch on).