Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

EUFC Budget

clowntown

Darter.....Fortunatly im not a member....the story hasn't gone to plan....but thats your story not everyone elses....most of us never thought it would...I do know the fora,i have friends who are fully paid members and have been from the beginning, they also have no intentions of leaving and plan to carry on renewing for as long as the club is in existence...therefore i have seen what's discussed and i can see threads on the football....but they are still outnumbered by lots of silly notions that are not connected to the real game. Some of them think the site is more constructive and Ebbsfleet orientated now than it was a few months ago and are happier about that fact as they are becoming true Fleet fans, i also think they will remain so even if the MYFC concept does eventually fail. Either way the club has gained from these new supporters so i have every reason to be positive.

But Patman.......when you look at the results for the polls.....more than half of the voting members do not want to pick the team and are happy for Liam to do so. So what would have happened to those members if the minority had picked the team....surely more would have left that way....Is it not better to have a small minority upset and leave than a large majority?

Originally Posted By: Harry J Allstars
Of course it is their's, I just don't think this info should be in an open forum. What's the problem with that?

EDIT: Edited out all the stuff about Harry as I started the whole paragraph "atlernatively" and an embarrassed about thus. HarryJ still smells of poo though.

GP, you have missed the point - people bought into Own the Club, Pick the Team (whatever you think of that). So they shouldn't have to vote again to affirm that. We didn't vote on "do you actually want to own a club after all?" It was what people signed up for.

Lol, there has been SO much discussion about this ..you miss the point completely, it's what the whole thing was about. There's lots of people who don't want to PTT who still see that those who do want to pick it shouldn't have to vote for this option each and every time the team plays ... it should be "PTT? do it here if you would like to ... "

And MyFC is not Ebbsfleet United FC, It is MyFC Society. That is why it has its own Board. The forum is not an Ebbsfleet forum. It is about Ebbsfleet, as they are the team MyFC bought. But MyFC is a philosophy as well ...

Originally Posted By: Gravesend_Princess
But Patman.......when you look at the results for the polls.....more than half of the voting members do not want to pick the team and are happy for Liam to do so. So what would have happened to those members if the minority had picked the team....surely more would have left that way....Is it not better to have a small minority upset and leave than a large majority?

GP - pick the team for a friendly? Hardly worth it is it? Too many have given up already - look at how low the voting percentage is. That should indicate the level of interest and renewal amounts

Originally Posted By: Darter
GP, you have missed the point - people bought into Own the Club, Pick the Team (whatever you think of that). So they shouldn't have to vote again to affirm that. We didn't vote on "do you actually want to own a club after all?" It was what people signed up for.

They may have signed up for the idea of PTT, but the issue of its introduction and integration into an existing fairly traditional football club is perhaps grander than originally thought by MyFC. As such, it merits debate on whether or not it is applicable. While I don't want to get into a pro/anti PTT debate here, the introduction of such a system would have significant effects on the existing fanbase which was not (as would seem by the after effects of the buy-up) fully taken into consideration at the time of acquisition.

Originally Posted By: PatMan
Originally Posted By: Darter
There is actually lots on there about football - but there is lots on here about football, if you just want to talk football. People joined MyFc for not just that

I have a feeling that people joined MyFC to "Pick The Team", and for that team to be Leeds...
When none of those became true, the members soon became disillusioned and started to pick arguments with themselves, and then with the web-site operator. This led a good few bans, which created further problems.
I am only guessing, but tell me I am wrong?

pat that's to shallow.....it goes deeper...regardless of what we all think about PTT etc (and I think its all bollox from an ebbs perspective) these people bought into that.....ebbs was the wrong club and we all know that but you all took the money quite happily and also quite happily ganged up to ensure that PTT would never happen and therefore assisted unwittingly in cheating the very people that refinanced you...

but the wisdom of the crowd can be strong pat as well as weak and what we don't know is how strong a view the silent majority have alongside of dartsy and her more vocal mates regarding the failure to deliver the promises made by the WT....

if I were you I would pray...

and its nice to see GP in her true glory....grin

Originally Posted By: Gravesend_Princess
But i thought it was set up to be democratic? are you saying that a minority should overrule that?

It was set up on a promise that people would PTT - and they paid for this. Does this mean it is right for others to join and then be allowed to stop those who want to PTT from doing so? All are welcome - but if you don't want to PTT, just abstain or don't vote. Don't stop those who do want to - that is not democracy at all. Imagine if it was the other way around. Say it was sold on "Own the Club, Liam Picks the Team" - and you all joined. THEN they brought in a voting structure (and this has been taken apart over and over again by members) which every time had a result which gave the right to PTT to the members. Liam could never have his team of choice. You wouldn't be pleased, I think. You would say "we signed up and paid to let Liam PTT" ... see?

Why thank you Unc.....it's nice to see you...well read you....i may have some mischievous posts about but i'm not ignorant or stupid as darter seems to think...i actually pay attention to the more serious side of things and the club i support! it's all a matter really of who is a true supporter and who isn't! semantics and airy fairy ideas on how things should be run are of no importance to real life football. And hey Unc.....have you found that slot in your diary for me yet?

Originally Posted By: Uncle Urchin
but you all took the money quite happily and also quite happily ganged up to ensure that PTT would never happen and therefore assisted unwittingly in cheating the very people that refinanced you...

Unc - who are the 'we' that ganged up to ensure it wouldn't happen? There are many more MyFC members than Fleet fans who have joined MyFC (does that make sense?)
So surely "they" ganged up against "themselves"?

No i don't see Darter......this is because there is still a voting choice....did people when joining seriously think that all responsibility would be layed in their hands when its the players lives that are in the balance....i for one dont believe that football fans would go along with that....it is also what the vote seems to show...if enough of you really believed that then there would be a majority voting on the team not voting for Liam to pick the team!

Ideas are fun, the idea of owning a football team and pulling the strings casually with your friends is a compelling one. Great in theory, terrible in practice. That is, when implemented in the takeover of an existing traditional football club. MyFC would work great as the formation of a new football club, but the gap over PTT is too wide to be bridged in a way that would see both groups content with the result.

No GP, you have completely missed my point I'm afraid, so I'll leave it there. It was sold as PTT - not "PTT, but perhaps we didn't really mean that". You have to have been there in MyFC all along to understand what this has meant to people, I think, and I don't mean that in a patronising way. Good luck to the team, they are going to need it.

you are all seriously missing the point here....myfc members paid for a concept...own the club pick the team.....if they believe that they have been given that they will renew...if they feel they have been cheated they will not...

here's the rub of it all...if 21000 punters don't pay up ebbs is fcked...I reckon about 10k at max which is even more fcked...all the bollox on here won't change that...

sorry but thats about it....I hope I am wrong...!

Originally Posted By: bsmith
Ideas are fun, the idea of owning a football team and pulling the strings casually with your friends is a compelling one. Great in theory, terrible in practice. That is, when implemented in the takeover of an existing traditional football club. MyFC would work great as the formation of a new football club, but the gap over PTT is too wide to be bridged in a way that would see both groups content with the result.

so do they get their money back then bsmith...grin