Fans Focus - Non League football clubs

Originally Posted By: Gravesend_Princess
But i thought it was set up to be democratic? are you saying that a minority should overrule that?

It was set up on a promise that people would PTT - and they paid for this. Does this mean it is right for others to join and then be allowed to stop those who want to PTT from doing so? All are welcome - but if you don't want to PTT, just abstain or don't vote. Don't stop those who do want to - that is not democracy at all. Imagine if it was the other way around. Say it was sold on "Own the Club, Liam Picks the Team" - and you all joined. THEN they brought in a voting structure (and this has been taken apart over and over again by members) which every time had a result which gave the right to PTT to the members. Liam could never have his team of choice. You wouldn't be pleased, I think. You would say "we signed up and paid to let Liam PTT" ... see?
  • Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Why thank you Unc.....it's nice to see you...well read you....i may have some mischievous posts about but i'm not ignorant or stupid as darter seems to think...i actually pay attention to the more serious side of things and the club i support! it's all a matter really of who is a true supporter and who isn't! semantics and airy fairy ideas on how things should be run are of no importance to real life football. And hey Unc.....have you found that slot in your diary for me yet?

Originally Posted By: Uncle Urchin
but you all took the money quite happily and also quite happily ganged up to ensure that PTT would never happen and therefore assisted unwittingly in cheating the very people that refinanced you...

Unc - who are the 'we' that ganged up to ensure it wouldn't happen? There are many more MyFC members than Fleet fans who have joined MyFC (does that make sense?)
So surely "they" ganged up against "themselves"?

No i don't see Darter......this is because there is still a voting choice....did people when joining seriously think that all responsibility would be layed in their hands when its the players lives that are in the balance....i for one dont believe that football fans would go along with that....it is also what the vote seems to show...if enough of you really believed that then there would be a majority voting on the team not voting for Liam to pick the team!

Ideas are fun, the idea of owning a football team and pulling the strings casually with your friends is a compelling one. Great in theory, terrible in practice. That is, when implemented in the takeover of an existing traditional football club. MyFC would work great as the formation of a new football club, but the gap over PTT is too wide to be bridged in a way that would see both groups content with the result.

No GP, you have completely missed my point I'm afraid, so I'll leave it there. It was sold as PTT - not "PTT, but perhaps we didn't really mean that". You have to have been there in MyFC all along to understand what this has meant to people, I think, and I don't mean that in a patronising way. Good luck to the team, they are going to need it.

you are all seriously missing the point here....myfc members paid for a concept...own the club pick the team.....if they believe that they have been given that they will renew...if they feel they have been cheated they will not...

here's the rub of it all...if 21000 punters don't pay up ebbs is fcked...I reckon about 10k at max which is even more fcked...all the bollox on here won't change that...

sorry but thats about it....I hope I am wrong...!

Originally Posted By: bsmith
Ideas are fun, the idea of owning a football team and pulling the strings casually with your friends is a compelling one. Great in theory, terrible in practice. That is, when implemented in the takeover of an existing traditional football club. MyFC would work great as the formation of a new football club, but the gap over PTT is too wide to be bridged in a way that would see both groups content with the result.

so do they get their money back then bsmith...grin

On the contrary Uncs, I think we all see what you mean. It is just a case that there is a line to how far a club can be taken. If PTT is introduced to EUFC, that line is crossed for me, and I'm sure it's the same for many others. MyFC and the existing fans can't both have it their way.

Originally Posted By: Uncle Urchin

here's the rub of it all...if 21000 punters don't pay up ebbs is fcked...I reckon about 10k at max which is even more fcked...all the bollox on here won't change that...

sorry but thats about it....I hope I am wrong...!

Are your numbers based on balancing debt? Is "Pick The Team" the only way the MyFC experiment can be saved?
Maybe an extended cup run (yes, I know - I know) might be a lure to keeping some of the undecided members...

Darter has the brains to start her own club not take on one losing 800k a year.

I truly don't get how you can be losing that much at your level, but also feel your directors lucked out when they found 30 thousand idiots willing to take over that debt.

Albeit only for a year.

frown

Originally Posted By: bsmith
On the contrary Uncs, I think we all see what you mean. It is just a case that there is a line to how far a club can be taken. If PTT is introduced to EUFC, that line is crossed for me, and I'm sure it's the same for many others. MyFC and the existing fans can't both have it their way.

the paymasters always have it their way bsmith....let us hope that your optimism is warranted...

Hey Unc i fully understand what your saying but a lot of the members who joined with that concept in mind have realised what a screw up it could be for the club and are actually now just becoming true supporters and may continue to pay into MYFC so that the club can progress, but without being bothered about all this voting lark. But we still have to remember that they currently have the choice....they are just choosing not to take it!

Ok Darter we will leave it at that....but as i understand you are shortly setting up your own club what a great chance for you to try out this theory and we will all watch and see the success or lack of it! All it takes is a bit of courage perhaps but it will be your team you are risking instead of ours!

just hope that a groundswell of support doesn't catch the golden goose GP...her forum is already taking more new members daily than myfc is...

oh and by the way...she and others like her didn't put your club at risk....you lot did....they actually saved it....

admitedly myfc should not have bought the fleet as it was the wrong club and they had no say in it and sadly neither did you guys but had they not bought it would you still be here....no you wouldn't....

nite darling....xx

Fine GP, that is a perfectly valid position and one which many would agree with - however, unfortunately EUFC were happy to take the MyFC filthy lucre - clearly, they should have said "no, we want to remain a traditionally-run club" ...

oh, and as a final edit - GP, Edgware FC will be a traditionally-run club, as I have said before on here. We have appointed a manager and he will pick his team. It is not a MyFC-lookalike venture.

but a lot of the members who joined with that concept in mind have realised what a screw up it could be for the club and are actually now just becoming true supporters

A lot is a bit of an exaggeration... there are over 30,000 of them - maybe 100 are now fans with 200-300 more attending the odd game...
There is no doubting they do loads for the club as fans now. But they are very much in the minority at MyFC

ok Uncs.....night night...think it's time for me to join the fairies down the bottom of your garden anyhow. Hope you haven't chopped down my favourite mushroom. devil xx

I will worry more about the members joining Darters club when i see it approaching 30,000 and soaring with success! If it is twice as many joining hers than it is ours each week at the moment it will still be many many weeks before it becomes any sort of threat and with all new sites the take up is always at it's highest at the beginning.

xxxx

Originally Posted By: Darter
Fine GP, that is a perfectly valid position and one which many would agree with - however, unfortunately EUFC were happy to take the MyFC filthy lucre - clearly, they should have said "no, we want to remain a traditionally-run club" ...

The club(board) indeed took the filthy lucre and slinked away...........The fans had two options, join or resist! Some joined, believing in the promised land, others resisted and were called heretics!
Don't put all fans into the money grabbering category.........That's not fair or true!
Originally Posted By: PatMan
but a lot of the members who joined with that concept in mind have realised what a screw up it could be for the club and are actually now just becoming true supporters

A lot is a bit of an exaggeration... there are over 30,000 of them - maybe 100 are now fans with 200-300 more attending the odd game...
There is no doubting they do loads for the club as fans now. But they are very much in the minority at MyFC

Yes and no. I'd say there are maybe 2,000 committed MyFC members (voters ect) of which half are legacy EUFC fans - or people who live in or grew up in the area and just needed a nudge to start supporting The Fleet - and the other thousand are largely (maybe 60-65%) political gritted teeth interweb firebrands, topped up with nodding-dog numpties. On top of this there is an ever decreasing number (once 15k, now maybe 2k) that will turn up on voting day to rubber-stamp as required. Then a few really freaky people that will fly across the world to see a team they've never heard of. Six months ago I'd say there were 200 people like that, now I'd say there were - at most - five (which sums up the despondency MyFC folk feel re MyFC).

It's a weird rum-old do.

6-8,000 will renew.

MyFC can't continue running EUFC in March, but will probably borrow to last 'til season end to prevent points deductions ect.

You need to find someone to take over. Keep the CEO - cause he's the only non-tosspot out of all of us - and try to tap up Eurostar for the rest of the money (as I've been saying for months). I come in peace, truly xx