Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

you will need to be quick

Originally Posted By: DA11
Cheers UU. I might give it a go thanks for the invite. Wasn't happy when I saw you had mis quoted on a post that I had removed to edit and then said I had changed it after a phone call.You also said "bless him". Why? I'm 40 years old. Maybe a little to young to join your group but I'll consider it. Cheers Karl

err hello..I saw the original post which was a serious board member blusterfck....you may have deleted it without prompting but you sure as hell deleted it and the original post itself was the truth so why delete it?....the bless him was a term of endearment as I felt sorry for you as you had no need to delete your feelings other than peer pressure...

you canna run with the hare and hunt with the hounds old boy....smile

Lol, Uncs ... I think Dave is missing something a little fundamental about the ownership of EUFC. All that happens at MyFC is absolutely crucial to EVERYTHING that happens at EUFC. All the discussion this week on MyFC has been about the gaping hole in the finances - of EUFC. Those of us who have issue with the way MyFC is run are trying to make people accountable. We want to make sure the Society does what it should, if only you realised.

Originally Posted By: DA11
Karl
I have no peer pressure mate. As much as many would like to think so. I like your forum. It is fun. I might go on as myself one day. Take it easy. Mark

its not my forum mark... I am just there as a friend of several of them and to advise them and they respect my views even though they all know I am totally anti PTT and indeed the whole fleet ownership thingy regarding brooks's ill conceived and duplicitous purchase of ebbs...

I wear both colours mark..I fear for ebbs on the one hand and I feel that the myfcers have been cheated on the other...those guys know that and respect that view...its a comfortable forum because it is populated by intelligent people that have strong views that will never be surpressed or shouted down...

as I said.... you are welcome...

k

Originally Posted By: Uncle Urchin
Originally Posted By: Dave EUFC
More as we own the club? haha you are a comedian. I'm not going to get in an argument with you, but this is and should be a forum about football and most importantly Ebbsfleet United. Since you have been away thers been alot less hostility flying around and people have actually started to talk about footballing issues. Thats all i will say on the matter.

I have always sought to protect ebbs against the perils now at its doors brought about by mugs like you who didn't have the savvy to stand up to brooks when he picked the wrong club.

insularism and nerosim are good words...I shall have them elected to the oxford english....grin

Mugs like David, including me had the "savvy" to not join up to the farce in the first place, asnd use our

Originally Posted By: Gordon T
More as we own the club? haha you are a comedian. I'm not going to get in an argument with you, but this is and should be a forum about football and most importantly Ebbsfleet United. Since you have been away thers been alot less hostility flying around and people have actually started to talk about footballing issues. Thats all i will say on the matter.

I have always sought to protect ebbs against the perils now at its doors brought about by mugs like you who didn't have the savvy to stand up to brooks when he picked the wrong club.

insularism and nerosim are good words...I shall have them elected to the oxford english....grin

Mugs like David, including me had the "savvy" to not join up to the farce in the first place, asnd use our

Originally Posted By: Gordon T

"sj is a scots tart who appears to be a referee at sunday league level....she has been to one game at ebbs...she is a token overseas patsy probably enveigled onto the board by paddingtons gerrymanderers...!!" UU quote from not myfc forum

Used to enjoy reading your thoughts Unc but i can see your just a sad old bigot who takes pleaseure in insulting people behind their backs, would love to see you say that to her face, i would gladly call an ambulance for you .

okay myfc have made mistakes but the general day to day of sticking the boot in does no-one any good.

people like me have taken ebbsfleet utd to their hearts through myfc.like you guys i share the joy and disappointments of the fleet

shame others are intent on making a mockery of the whole thing

i have said it before it is all about helping ebbsfleet utd.

Originally Posted By: ebbsfleet is for life

its not me that has made a mockery of myfc old boy...you may try the operators for that tag....

helping ebbsfleet...I have been trying to do that for a year and still am....difference is I am not sticking my head in the sand and pretending its all okay...until someone removes the operator and his gangsters who have cheated both the members and the club then it will get worse.....at least we have the bollox to try...

glover....don't be silly...the post about SJ was tongue in cheek as the missing parts will show.....

dave....glad you have been around for a while....well done.... grin

"quite frankly sal they all seem like a bunch of pricks from where I'm sitting...what does the tart look like..? "

"vote for the tart.....we need more women in football"

"did anyone find out if SJ had big bristols or not....?

I need to vote shortly..."

Are these the missing parts then Unc ? tut tut, a jokes a joke but this is getting boring and childish.

again glover you take it out of context in the scheme of the whole of the various threads humourous posts (which you obviously do not understand)

by the way what are you doing lurking about on there under cover...be a man and identify yourself and join in..we are trying to help you here....or are you not wanting help and everything is okay...?

Originally Posted By: ebbsfleet is for life

its not me that has made a mockery of myfc old boy...you may try the operators for that tag....

helping ebbsfleet...I have been trying to do that for a year and still am....difference is I am not sticking my head in the sand and pretending its all okay...until someone removes the operator and his gangsters who have cheated both the members and the club then it will get worse.....at least we have the bollox to try...

glover....don't be silly...the post about SJ was tongue in cheek as the missing parts will show.....

dave....glad you have been around for a while....well done.... grin

I feel more cheated by ex directors whom consistently lead us astray on the financial position of the club over previous seasons, especially after the share shenanigans of a few seasons ago whereby they increased their ownership in some what dubious practices.

regardless of what we think of the MYFC concept, it has given us an opportunity to get a better off the field team in place, and bought us time.

I am always looking to be enlightened, but how have club been cheated ?

Wobbly, how have the ex Directors led you astray on the financial position? Our accounts were audited and presented to the shareholders at an AGM every year where there was an open forum for questions on the accounts. There is no legal obligation for EUFC to have their accounts audited, but we did so in order that there was full disclosure.

From 1999 to this year the players were paid on time every month, no suppliers to my knowledge have written off a debt from the club and the Inland Revenue and VAT man are happy men. This compares to 50% of the 92 clubs in the Premiership and Coca Cola League who are in tax/VAT arrears. This is not to mention the many Conference clubs who have had well documented financial problems, in some cases leading to expulsion from the League.

From 1999 onwards the "ex-Directors" put donations, share capital and time into the club. The management team of the club was often voluntary work by ex-Directors. If wages had been taken for the voluntary work over that period you are looking at well over

We, as fans, should consider the state we are compared to clubs around and above us... I can tell it's a lot healthier than quite a few of them.

I remember BrianK saying back in May last year that with a football club, there's debt and there's debt. There's debt after a clubs paid their taxes, wages to players etc etc etc and there's debt where a club can't pay off their taxes and player's wages etc etc etc, that being the case with Luton Town and Rotherham and such others.

Thanks to the directors over the years, we're in the healthiest form of debt, and are probably one of the better off football clubs.

A good read there, Brian.

Thanks for that very enlightening insight into the club's finances, and how and why MYFC came into the equation.

We all understood it was the directors who were generally footing the overdraft, and clearly with costs increasing and gates stagnating, something had to be done.

Although the club has had ambition, it has historically been slow and steady progress that has been most evident.

I think the takeover caught every fan off guard, such was it's uniqueness.

Most are still coming to terms with it - nearly a year on.

Whilst there have been too many benefits from the takeover to list here - there is still an underlying distrust of the whole thing, the secrecy of the MYFC board, strange voting trends, questionable playing budget increases when it appears from a lay viewpoint to be unaffordable and unsustainable, even with our present 70% increase in home gates.

MYFC can only be a good thing if it remains for the long haul.

If less than the required 15,000 do not reregister, will MYFC pull out and sell up?

What then?

That is the most vexing question on my mind, and of many others.

We gloried at Wembley, are reaping the benfits of better publicity and are now regarded as a top club - far cry from those early days of tinpot little G&N.

It would be heartbreaking to lose what we have after all the work (and money) invested in our club over the last 2/3 years.