Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Tonight's Game

BustaGut

Originally Posted By: Andy Y. (G&NFC)
I think you're being a bit harsh on Gash. He is playing as a lone striker and the rest of the team aren't quite anticipating his lay-offs...... yet. Give it a bit of time and he will come good!

One of the things he was criticised for by his previous club's supporters was his apparent lack of work rate. When Cambridge broke out of defence on 90 minutes and there was 3 on 3 it was Gash who tidied up in defence..... enough said really!

Liam should be able to work on that on the practice field!

Originally Posted By: Andy Y. (G&NFC)
I think you're being a bit harsh on Gash. He is playing as a lone striker and the rest of the team aren't quite anticipating his lay-offs...... yet.

Give it a bit of time and he will come good!

One of the things he was criticised for by his previous club's supporters was his apparent lack of work rate. When Cambridge broke out of defence on 90 minutes and there was 3 on 3 it was Gash who tidied up in defence..... enough said really!

Not sure about the lone striker - Moore is also playing up with him. And surely if the team arent getting onto his knock downs, then maybe he should start acting the striker, and striking the ball?? As you say needs time - lets hope it comes sooner rather than later!

Cant argue about his work rate - was good to see him willingly run back to help out in defense.

Originally Posted By: Jeff

We are playing some good stuff though.

When they played the ball on the floor, they were fantastic - really quick passing, plenty of movement, lots of players making themselves available for a pass. As the game wore on, the ball got higher - thought this suited CUFC more.

Spot on PatMan.

Hand is a Hearn/Bostwick/Bowry type player who is noticeable for not being noticeable.

Interesting selection dilemma for Liam if Stone regains fitness as Barrett had a pretty good game tonight. If only that shot was three inches lower...

Another vote for Hand here.

That said, the two blokes standing behind me tonight were continually berating him for "always trying to play pretty football"...???!!!!

They moaned every time the perfect ball wasn't played or a goal scored and sounded like they must have coached Brazil in a previous life. For Christ's sake, this is the Conference, why do people expect every chance and every pass to pay off!

I agree with the above - Hand was very good.

But for me Barrett was MOM. He was as tidy and tenacious as usual and was also involved in everything. The shot that hit the bar, the chest down that Stacy didn't read and the great work to set up the goal. Shame about the one on one with the keeper, a goal would have rounded off this performance.

And the referee was without doubt the worst I have seen at a professional game. I would have complained if he had refereed me for the Top House Reserves in the NKSL Combination Division