Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Middlesex County Premier League

Truth Teller

Quote:

Middlesex County League Premier Division
Newham Borough (SECP) 1 Bethnal Green United 3
Flanders Field, Melbourne Road, East Ham, E6
6.30 kick off, attendance 30 approx
No entrance fee, programme issued (8 pages I believe)

Very basic facilities, no refreshments available, programme issued but amazingly only six printed on a first come first served basis at two pounds donation to the Club, the Manager took down addresses for more to be printed tomorrow and sent out. The game itself was a blood and thunder affair, Newham took a surprise second half lead but Bethnal Green soon got back into the proceedings and ran out fairly comfortable winners in the end to cement their championship aspirations, a very entertaining evening.

Folks - See my brief report from last nights game on the another Forum, I forgot to add that Football Man was at Flanders Field in all his glory, I'm sure he's stalking me.

Bethnal Green United are all over the East London Advertiser like a rash again, it's a huge success story and GAFFA1 has to take much of the credit for his Coaching and motivating skills:

Bethnal Green United are on course to complete a Middlesex County League double after lifting the Senior Open Cup on Saturday night.

United produced a dazzling first-half blitz to overcome Indian Gymkhana as goals from Michael Begg, Jamie Barry, Kadir Jama and Ajibola Olatunbosun in the opening 45 minutes secured the trophy at Yeading FC's The Warren ground.

The Senior Open triumph marks the first leg of a possible double for Bethnal Green, who were also beaten in the final of the Alec Smith Premier Division Cup last month.

United, who have already clinched promotion to the Essex Senior League, will be crowned Middlesex League champions if the club win their final two remaining league matches.

Bethnal Green boss Justin Gardner said: "It's our first trophy of the season and it's a great achievement, but it's back to work this week. We've got two matches left and they're both cup finals."

Despite missing eight first-team players through injury, including top-scorer Marlon Campbell, the outcome of the Senior Open final was rarely in doubt after United surged into a 4-1 half-time lead.

Gymkhana, who briefly led through Sukh Liddar's 10th-minute strike, rallied after the break, but despite bossing possession and pulling a goal back late on, were unable to salvage the match.

"We destroyed them in the first half and produced our best football of the season," Gardner said. "The second half was a different story, although we probably took our foot off the gas."

United had twice threatened through Danny Sabroche before Liddar broke the deadlock for Gymkhana with a shot that appeared to bamboozle United goalkeeper Ashley King.

But it took just two minutes for Bethnal Green to level through Begg's low free-kick and United skipper Barry converted from the penalty spot following a foul on Amos Foweya to give his side the lead before a magnificent third goal illuminated the clash.

From a Gymkhana corner, Olatunbosun headed clear to Sabroche, who exchanged passes with Begg and Foweya before releasing Jama. The Bethnal Green midfielder raced clear and after his initial shot was blocked, tapped home the rebound.

Olatunbosun effectively ended the contest two minutes before half-time after heading in a fourth goal from Marlon Boateng's corner. Gymkhana fought back after the break and Mukhtar Khella reduced the deficit, but United's lead proved insurmountable.

Tomorrow's fixtures:

Premier Division

FC Deportivo Galicia v Bethnal Green United

Newham Borough (SECP) v Indian Gymkhana

Today's results, congratulations to Bethnal Green United on a thoroughly deserved Championship:

Premier Division

2 6 FC Deportivo Galicia v Bethnal Green United

2 0 Newham Borough (SECP) v Indian Gymkhana

Tree Hugger - I'm sure GAFFA1 will appreciate that, hopefully TRB will come on later on to offer his congratulations even if they're made through gritted teeth

Originally Posted By: side of the pitch

Well done Bethnal the league never lies in the end the best team over the season.
Great to have a bit of banter with you Rhodes nothing wrong with having a bit of passion for you team

Thanks for that, passion is my middle name and obviously GAFFA1's too.

Originally Posted By: danielpjn
Hi,

Do you know if Wraysbury are planning on re-joining the Middlesex League next season?

I know they withdrew from the Surrey Elite League, but not really sure of the reasons for this.

I suspect they will try. The League were interviewing prospective new clubs last week but I don't know if Wraysbury were one of them.

Quote:

Saturday 23 May 2009
Premier Division
Hayes United v Newham Borough (SECP)
Rosedale College
Home team MCFA Suspension starting 20/5/09 (SCH)

I note from the Mitoo site that Hayes United are facing a suspension starting on 20 May which is before their final game of the season on Saturday against Newham Borough, does anyone know what's going on.

Tree Hugger - If that is the case then many congratulations. Who would have thought that Bethnal Green United would have won the championship and finished so far ahead of Bedfont Sports after that first game of the season when Bedfont won 5-2 at the Mile End Stadium thanks to yet another abominable Refereeing performance.

Originally Posted By: Rhodes

I was at the above game and certainly felt that the sending off of the Bethnal Green keeper changed things completely. Although Bedfont had pulled a goal back, having trailed 2-0 at the break, Bethnal Green were still in control however I felt the dismissal by a pernickety Referee was somewhat harsh and played right into Bedfont's hands, as you say they went on to win comfortably after that

SideofthePitch - This was a post I made following the proceedings at the Mile End Stadium back in August, I take it from your comments that you were at the fixture and you cannot deny that the Referee cost Bethnal Green United the game.

An excellent article in yesterday's East London Advertiser which needs no introduction from me, enjoy:

Six of the best as Bethnal Green United seal title with Deportivo rout

20 May 2009

Bethnal Green United have been crowned Middlesex County League champions after securing the Premier Division title with a six-goal demolition of Deportivo Galicia.

United needed a win at bottom-club Deportivo to lift the championship and seal a league and cup double on Saturday and victory was never in doubt following a ruthless first-half display that saw Bethnal Green open up a four-goal lead by half-time.

The result lifted United four points clear of nearest challengers Hayes United, who have one match remaining, and sealed a dramatic twist in the race for the title as Bethnal Green prevailed in the final furlong.

The East End club, who suffered two defeats in the opening three games of the season, staged a magnificent turnaround to win 17 of their remaining 19 fixtures and claim leadership of the division in the final week of the season.

United had not held top spot at any stage during the campaign until a brace from Michael Begg and a late strike from Shane Baptiste secured a tense 3-1 win over Newham Borough last Wednesday and lifted Bethnal Green to the summit.

Three days later, United were champions. Doubles from Begg and Danny Sabroche destroyed Deportivo, while further strikes from Baptiste and Marvin Abegunde sealed a six-goal rout and sparked the title celebrations.

United boss Justin Gardner paid tribute to his players for their mental strength in the final weeks of the campaign, adding that last week's win at Newham had proved crucial in deciding the title race.

"That was one of our toughest tests of the season. Everyone was nervous and Newham played really well, but we battled through and once we won that game, I felt we would win the title," Gardner said.

"I told the players afterwards to savour this moment. It's not often in football that you win major trophies and to do the double is something they'll always remember. We've made history - we'll always be remembered as this season's champions."

United's triumph was all but assured after half an hour at Osterley Sports Club as Sabroche beat the offside trap to lob home a 25th-minute opener before Begg received Amos Foweya's pass and rifled in from the edge of the area.

Begg's pass allowed Abegunde to net a third and Sabroche completed a four-goal first-half blitz by curling in a long-range effort.

Deportivo pulled a goal back after the break but Begg restored the four-goal margin and after another reply from the home side, Baptiste smashed home a sixth.

There was further cause for Bethnal Green to celebrate on Sunday as the club's Under-16s side also secured title glory in Echo League Division One.

Rhodes.....the sending off definately swung the game in in our favour, but what pu the nail in the coffin was Gaffa's bizzare decision to stick your best player in goal....Also, if your keeper makes a full stretch diving save outside of the box, it can only lead to one decision.

In the same game, I also remember that a Bedfont player was sent off for being headbutted by a Bethnel player....they both got their marching orders, but was very harsh on the Bedfont player.

Anyway, all is said and done now, after a rocky start, Bethnel went on an unbeleavable run to win the league, and fair play to them. Good luck for next season in your new division