Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Attendances...

PatMan

Certainly didn't look like 229 to me. There were very few in the seats and a fair few of those were Fleet fans. My estimate was about 100 but the 229 comes from the away turnstile reading. Bearing in mind we only had 97 last season and they way Woking are going at the moment, I would have been very surprised if they'd doubled their turnout. I'll be checking the numbers tomorrow.

I suppose Tuesday is going to knock our average down but my feel so far is that for the season, we would be on track to increase our average by around 200. That excludes any of the promotional and marketing ideas we're working on at the moment.

And of course the team performance helps slightly smile

I think the "home" attendance figure is clearly the important one to focus on - we've played sides who have all brought quite a number of fans with them this year so far & the home figure has probably been pretty solid at around 1200-1300. This is a big increase on a figure of (at best) 1000 last year, but needs to be maintained/ increased further. Many of the remaining home games are likely to see smaller numbers of away fans - Torquay, Kettering, Wrexham and (potentially, if they are still going well) Crawley are likely exceptions and one or two others may bring a reasonable number of supporters, but this will possibly serve to reduce the average from its current level (Although if we do push on & challenge for promotion, the home fans numbers will clearly increase).

5 home games, averaging 1693, 9th. A 45% increase aover last year. They are figures that the club must be very pleased with. If we continue to play attractive football, the fans will keep coming in. I would hope that we can maintain an average of over 1500 for the season.

http://www.footballwebpages.co.uk/attendances.jsp?comp=5

Attendances do seem to have increased a little this season, which is good, I can't claim any credit, only been to one game so far but hoping to make that two tomorrow night. FA Trohpy win last year obviously converted a few more locals, and if we keep performing well then I am sure this year's average should hold up and show a further improvement :-)