Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Stadium Move

Pretty Vacant

QUESTION,

IF the running track is to be 6 lanes and ONLY used as a training track and other "athletic items removed, WHY can there not be "stands" ( ie as Brimo Standing Area ) behind the goals and therefore "inside the track"

This would achieve ( to some degree ) the atmosphere we all want and not detract from the running track position.

Anyone tell me why not !!

It's not exactly the done thing having athletes (kids) disappearing behind a stand and awaiting for them to re-appear.

I think the board are fully aware that we want a footy stadium in its own right and they are no different i'm sure.

I think we should just rejoice that the future looks better and positive, and let the planners plan and negotiators to negotiate for as near thing as we want.

I refer to Thatcher and the Falklands rant 'rejoice, rejoice '

Originally Posted By: Enfield United
It's not exactly the done thing having athletes (kids) disappearing behind a stand and awaiting for them to re-appear.

Does this matter "IF" its only a training facility?

EU,Yes we are all well excited about having a place we can call home, but posters on here (99%)are purely asking constructive questions not negative ones, there is a huge gap between what we originally proposed & what we have ended up with, hence all the queries on the buid, layout etc.

We dont need to be continually told to "rejoice" & "be happy" we already are!

Your begining to sound like a Labour candidate at a local election rather than the legend that was & still is "Our Maggie"! evil

Originally Posted By: Enfield United

I think the board are fully aware that we want a footy stadium in its own right and they are no different i'm sure.

I think we should just rejoice that the future looks better and positive, and let the planners plan and negotiators to negotiate for as near thing as we want.

I refer to Thatcher and the Falklands rant 'rejoice, rejoice '

================
EU,
Rejoice oh shall we Rejoice.
For Christs sake man...this is a football forum not a church gathering or a political soap-box.

Now.
Let's talk (1) football and (2)running - in that order.

1. Football - yes great news and to eventually have "our own" ground is brilliant, however it is NOT the dream that we all were told about as there was to be no running track and it was to be a FOOTBALL ONLY Ground.
2, HOWEVER, beggers cannot be etc etc
There WILL be a running track so we need to get on with it and accept it. BUT, all I have read etc is that it is a "TRAINING TRACK" ie not competition stuff.
Where the hell are you coming from with this crap about Kids getting lost and out of sight behind a stand ??
Look at a layout plan. PICTURE THE BRIMO "STAND" BEHIND THE GOALS.
How would "kids / youth athletic trainers" get out of sight for more than 10 seconds if you were sitting down on the track ??

If you are going to the match at Ilford on Sat - go "behind the goals" outside the running track and "get the atmosphere"
There won't be any - at least not from where you will be.

I would suggest that if the Trainers looking after the "kids training" on the track were 2 M high on a Umpire style chair that they would see all of the runners - stand or no stand !!

We need to accept the position BUT do what we can to make it OUR HOME ie A football ground.

Anyone else have a view ( assuming there is a stand in your way )Response awaited..

Agreed.I think the club should lobby as hard as possible for terracing behind both goals to be INSIDE the running track.(and maybe even a seated terrace on the far side of the track to be inside the track as well)..Anyone who wants a perfect view of Athletic meets can achieve that by sitting in the current lofty main stand.If viewing from there,no small football stands would hinder the view at all.

The website announcement is wonderful news for ETFC!! And for EFC as surely the sensible way forward now is for both clubs to re-merge. One club representing the borough of Enfield, based at QEII, will be a far more attractive proposition for both players and sponsors than two clubs playing at the same level (well almost) at different grounds with low profiles.

All this bluster about lack of atmosphere during games because of the athletics track is exactly that - bluster. The benefits of the club having its own income stream far outweigh any concerns over a muted atmosphere. QEII is more accessible to most people in Enfield than Brimsdown, so with luck the bar (I hope some form of a bar will be included in the re-development) will generate significant income for the club.

Great news for the club and congratulations to all those behind the scenes who must have worked hand and long for this result.

Football clubs playing at Athletics ground by and large is a recipe for NO SUCCESS.Best case scenario is somethinglike Chelmsford and that is far from ideal which is why they want to move! and the worst cases are numerous.

I think the club are making a big mistake here.For the first few games at QE2 i am sure the crowds will go up..But over the long term what will happen?

Most clubs want to move out of athletics grounds not in to them.

Yes its better located than Brimsdown. But look at Harlow their old ground was situated perfectly but with an athletics track it simply didnt work as a football ground.

I think the club are in danger of accepting a VERY bad deal from the council

I have read many posts regarding the stadium and the keeping of the 'track' and where the stands will go etc etc, now i dont want to sound stupid here but will it be just the 'track' that the athletes/schools/whoever are using or are they hopeing to use the pitch too?? i wouldn't be particularly happy if the pitch is going to be used for hammer, shot & javelin throws, it would ruin the pitch for one and not to mention having many awful additional painted lines for the throwing markings.

I have somewhat mixed views. I am delighted that we are moving into the QE stadium, only a short hop from our ancestral and spiritual home. While the problems associated with the running track cannot be ignored or just wished away, this now appears to be a done deal. Field events may not take place on the pitch (officially!) but it is likely that our fellow users of the stadium will wander all over it, possibly damaging it. No doubt some procedure for policing this will be put in place.

I feel that the euphoria about having a stadium 'of our own' is a little misplaced. It is not ours, or exclusively ours, we do not even share it with another football club. Will there be an income stream, i.e. is the bar ours and ours alone? Presumably there will be no income from lettings? Does the repairing lease inlude teh expense of maintaining a Listed Building, or is that bit not ours?

However, notwithstanding these concerns which no doubt wil clarified soon (in a written report for those who cannot attend meetings), well done to the Board (past and present) for all their hard work, and here's to playing in central Enfield again.

Now to win the league!

It does seem like a really bad move to me.

As the the invisible man says it will still be a shared ground.

Football grounds with Athletics tracks are never a good idea.

Is it too late to renegotiate this?

It may have been due to 1893 wanting QE2 that the board seem to have agreed such a bad deal.

Will we be using the pitch for training purposes??

If so could be very busy at the stadium if we train twice a week and athletes want to train too.

I'm sure all the do's & donts and whos, what, why's and when will be sorted out in the future

But for now we can at least say that our very own football club has our own football stadium.

Good question!

I would hope that the who's what's and why's are sorted out already, at least in principle, and certainly before anything is signed.

Part - if not most - of my concern is that we do NOT have our own football stadium. It will neither be our own, nor a football stadium.

Incidentally, if the track is to be a training track, there is no need for it to have more than 4 lanes at most.

Lots and lots of natural 'ifs' and 'buts'. For starters I would back a roll on rool off seating area which have been used at other grounds, as its a kiddies and training track it does not have to be Olympic compliant but trainig compliant a bit like a match football and a training football.

so roll on and roll off would satisfy everyone.

As for the little blighters being there for sports day would provide FREE promotion of our sporting facilities that include ETFC that will encourage kids to ask daddy's and mummys if they can watch a game etc or be a JET. So there are benefits to be had too.

Gazza, OT dont mis-understand me I dont want a track and I doubt if any board member really wanted one too, but now we need to negotiate and everything we say now is just speculation and our own excitement/enthusiasm

We were told at the last members' meeting that without the 5 a side football centre, then there would be no football stadium!

Unless there's a substantial amount of funding, then who is going to pay for things like floodlights?

It's a shame that members could not have received further details which could have stopped all the speculating?

Incidentally, at the last Town, Chase and Southbury Forum, a Council officer said that The Council had not planned for any evening activities at the stadium.

Is that fat lady still singing on this unofficial forum?